A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,856
Currently Running With Scissors:
772 Guests and 31 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Black Phoenix Alchemy Lab (BPAL) swap  (Read 1624 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ForevrBee
« on: September 06, 2005 05:01:47 PM »

Other than I want to know if any other members here are also fans of their oils, but how about a BPAL-related swap? Cases/racks to store, things inspired by the many names of the oils (some are themed, like Alice in Wonderland, the Tarot, The Sephiroth  & although now retired , Astrology). Maybe even the little imps themselves. Any other ideas about this are welcomed.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Damn the Man, Save the Empire!"
  ~Mark, Empire Records
craftacular
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005 02:55:14 AM »

I loves me some bpal, dang!

Maybe do a swap where we make each other mini holders? Like a 4-6 imp holder? I dunno. And include a imp of our choice?

bpal.org and the livejournals have some neat stuff going on, might be worth while to take a peek at their creative ideas and see what we can come up with here?

Great idea, Im sure there are others with the bpal addiction!

Rose
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jeans
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005 01:03:35 PM »

I really want to get into BPAL, it looks so interesting...but I'm a little scared to take the plunge Cheesy It'd be great if someone like me could trade a crafty thing for an imp or something, to see how it goes...y'know? I could make a way cute imp holder ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PixieSkull
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #3 on: September 09, 2005 08:08:41 AM »

How did I not see this earlier!! I'm SO up for this! Although it's going to be $101 for one order from now on, I think it's a good addiction. Let's do it! Imp holders, bottle holders, decanting supplies, whatever... I'm in!

jeans, go on the BPAL.org forums and buy some imps cheap. That's the best way to start, I've found. Then you could trade and trade a bit to try more. Hell, if you're interested in an imp of Hurricane, I could send it your way free to entice you to try more!

I almost forgot to add: I've been trying to find others here interested in BPAL, crafty ladies making their own soaps and incense and all that could use BPAL to make some lovely scented stuff. While I don't want to overload Beth and the lab more than they are right now, it would be nice to see some BPAL pride going on.
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005 08:10:20 AM by PixieSkull » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I'm a level 9 rouge, b***h!
I do personal swaps!
ForevrBee
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2005 09:49:00 AM »

Candles & Soaps! I knew there would be other things to make, besides the usual holders. Great Idea!

Anyway, I'm kinda just starting out. I have 7 10ml bottles (Lightning, Saint-Germain, Seraphim, Absinthe, Chesed, Star & Cheshire Cat {I believe one of the last ones, since they temporarily retired it}) & an 8th on the way (Incantation, shelling out a paltry $24), plus I don't know how many imps.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Mark, Empire Records
PixieSkull

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2006 12:36:56 PM »

And then the thread dies Sad

Anyone else want to do this? Maybe we could just have a mini-swap amongst the few of us. I'm totally up for it. I've been making beaded imp-holders lately and am entertaining the idea of making a beaded scent locket necklace.

So yeah, we could still get some stuff done in the BPAL theme!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I do personal swaps!
ForevrBee
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2006 02:27:07 PM »

I'm still for it, although I'm not on Craftster very much any more (I'm just not checking it every single day) & I halted doing swaps for the time being.

Oh, I since added two more (10ml) oils to my collection (Dana O'Shee & Moon Rose)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Mark, Empire Records
PixieSkull

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2006 11:24:06 AM »

I'm adding a 10ml of Xiuhtecuhtli, one 5ml of Seance and another of Hymn (Which go PERFECTLY together.) and I'm thinking about adding a 5ml of Moon Rose myself to mix with Catherine. Still narrowing down the manly scent imps to enable the boy.

If you ever want to swap any BPAL stuff, let me know! I'm PixieSkull on the BPAL forums as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I do personal swaps!
PixieSkull

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

« Reply #8 on: March 11, 2006 05:48:20 PM »

I had a few ideas on what to exchange in this swap.

Beaded imp/bottle holders: A brown base with dangling roots and beaded leaves for Yggdrasil
Scent lockets: (beaded OR wire OR spruced-up lockets) An old painted and drilled locket with an Ace of Hearts card on it or BPAL written across it
Lined altoid tins to hold travel imps: Painted/sculpeyd to look like a mirror pond for Narcissus
Small sectioned boxes: Decoupaged with BPAL paraphenalia
Decorated decant bottles for sprays: Custom-made labels to send would be nifty.
Jewelry in a favorite scent's theme: Jacob's Ladder bracelet, A skull beaded in white beads with brightly colored accents as a pendant for Sugar Skull, marble bead bracelet of favorite scents.
Embroidered handtowels or pillowcases: A grinning Jack'O'Lantern for Jack
Purse: Spider-print on the outside with "Arachne - from BPAL" written on it, with a pocket for BPAL storage
Bath supplies: scented conditioner, bath bombs, milk baths, herbal and BPAL infusions.

We could pick one of those themes or mix and match to partner's preference. I think it should be a called swap. We might even be able to do a few rounds. Sound nifty?
« Last Edit: March 11, 2006 05:58:00 PM by PixieSkull » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I do personal swaps!
PixieSkull

Glittery Macabre

Nat 20! Woot!

« Reply #9 on: March 16, 2006 07:35:13 PM »

I put up a swap page, it's ongoing. Anyone that would like to swap BPAL swag with me or someone else is welcome to sign up at any time!

I will always be free to do some BPAL swap stuff, and when I'm not, the thread will be moved to closed threads.

I'm very excited over this idea and would love love LOVE anyone, whether they are really into BPAL or not, to join up. I'm willing to send along some imps (sample vials) of scents as well to enable people. If you want to try BPAL again or for the first time, I wouldn't mind trading some imps and a carrying box for whatever you can make in a BPAL or specific scent theme.

ETA: Don't be shy!

And I have to share... I just spent $164 on my Peony Moon order, and I don't know whether to celebrate or cry. At least I'm getting my 10ml of Xiuhtecuhtli and my 5ml of Blood Rose and a 5ml of each Monster Bait. Those Monster Bait's sound SO delicious that I can't wait to try them, especially Under bed... coconut!!

Cursed BPAL.org server going down, I want to talk about these new blends SO badly! BTW, pm me to chat BPAL if you wish.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2006 07:38:00 PM by PixieSkull » THIS ROCKS   Logged

~*My Etsy Shop*~
I do personal swaps!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Draw Cyclops
How to Draw a Fish
How to Draw Spiderman
How to Draw Bea from Fish Hooks
How to Draw Oscar from Fish Hooks
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...