A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 296,693
Currently Running With Scissors:
708 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: 20 Questions Mix CD Swap 2 Gallery  (Read 4165 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jazzybelle
« Reply #10 on: September 12, 2005 03:30:17 PM »

Oh, no! I thought I had!

...upon checking, I discovered that no, I hadn't, because it was very long and detailed. :-P Perhaps you can post it? It's very long.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

***I love personal swaps!***
jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #11 on: September 12, 2005 06:42:22 PM »

Mwahahaha it is very long and detailed  Grin

Here it is... as if anyone will take the time to read it lol!
01. What's your favorite song to boogie to? Sparkle - Phish

This is the best dancing song in the entire world. And, in my personal opinion, best song to open a CD with! Now that I think about it, I don't know if "dance" is the right word though. This is a song you put on, sing really loud to and just jump and bounce around. Either way, it gets my BOOGIE vote!

02. What's your favorite color? Pink - Aerosmith

I think it's fairly obvious why I picked this song. Pink is my favorite color, has been for as long as I can remember too! And what's better than Aerosmith?? Mmm Steven Tyler! Even better, he says the word "pink" in ever line of the song!

03. Whats your favorite song to annoy others with? MMMBop - Hanson

This is a great song to annoy your friends with. Especially if you rewind and replay the chorus over and over again.. in slow motion... and backwards! Or, all at once Wink

04. Whats your favorite holiday or anti-holiday song? Grandma Got Run Over by A Reindeer - ??

This has been my favorite Christmas song for as long as I can remember! My mom hates it Wink It's just so much fun, and so wrong. But I think that's what's so much fun about it. I'm sure you've heard it before too- I wish I had a better (less known) song to put here but I'm not big on Holiday Music.

05. Whats your favorite rainy day song? Natural Blues - Moby

This song is good... I love the whole "don't nobody know my troubles but God" point of it. I hate when I'm sad and down and people tell me they know how I feel. It's like, you might be sad and down too- but you are your own kind of sad, not mine. You don't know how I feel. Rainy days always make me sad, and this song makes me sad. So, this question made me think of this song.

06. Whats your favorite song about another country? London - Third Eye Blind

Another old song. It reminds me of high school, for some random reason.. I think just because of the time period that the CD is from. The song really isn't about London so much.

07. Whats your favorite song that represents or makes you think of where you live? Under the Boardwalk - The Platters

I live in Virginia Beach, so it's an appropriate song. This was the first song that popped into my mind. It was either this or something by The Neptunes, who are VB locals Smiley

08. What song makes you think of your childhood? This Used to be My Playground - Madonna

This is an uber old song. It's about childhood, it's fitting. Yet, it really does mean something to me. I used to love the song when I was little so I get one of those nostalgic feelings whenever I hear it. Good stuff!

09. Whats your dream job? Supermodel - Jill Sobule

Like, totally! This is like the kewlest song evah! It's so totally from the movie CLUELESS and is so totally reminding me of my youth and I really feel like an airhead! Teehee! (Not that I want to be a supermodel, btw, I just like the song)

10. What's your love life like? Best I Ever Had Vertical Horizon

Well, not currently (because I have an awesome boyfriend) but all of my past relationships can be summed up with this: I meet an awesome guy, we date, have a great relationship, something stupid and random (one of them got married behind my back- do you believe that?) breaks us up, and then I spend eternity dwelling on it and missing said guy until next guy comes along and the process repeats. This song reminds me of that, because Im one of those people that looks back on past relationships and sees the best in them all, but dont necessarily want them back. Of course, the BEST OF THE BEST is my boyfriend Mike. J 

11. What song makes you feel sexy? Im Every Woman Whitney Houston

Not so much that this is a sexy song, but this is the kind of song you put on when youre getting ready for a big date, you know? You put this on, FULL BLAST, dance around and get your makeup on its empowering! You feel desired, sexy, beautiful, empowered, in control and all because you are a woman. Hell yeah!

12. If you could live in any time period what would it be? I Want You to Want Me - Cheap Trick

I'm answering this with a song from that time period, and not a song about the time period. I hope that appropriate enough!
This song is from the late 70s and I would love to live in the 70s.. or 60s. I'm really a hippie at heart, but born in the early 80s instead. *sigh* This is one of my all time favorite songs.

13. If you were in a band, what would your hit song sound like? Me & Bobby McGee- Janis Joplin

Janis is a legend and I am a fool to even hope, dream, or wish to be like her. But, I admire her style. This is my favorite song of hers, and I also love Piece of My Heart. Its hard to find good quality Janis Joplin though so excuse the poor quality.

14. What song do you love that you think other people haven't heard yet? Stolen Away On 55th & 3rd - Dave Matthews Band

DMB is my favorite band of all time. This song is from their newest album, Stand Up, so people might not have heard it yet. The reason I picked this song (other than it being my favorite) is because it has a lot of meaning for me. If you listen to (or read) the lyrics, they kind of represent a lost love. I did not think I would see you again- to me hes saying to his ex-love, that when they parted he still loved her and because of that he never planned to see her again. After they parted though, he went on with his life, but still carried a torch for her. Now that he sees her again, hes thinking to himself Oh damn, I wasnt supposed to see you again- I still love you. But meanwhile, hes probably got a new girlfriend, a new life, a new everything but just seeing this other person he would be willing to throw it all away because this love was so beautiful. Its hard to explain. I see it in the lyrics, but I hear it even more so in the song. If you have any thoughts on the song Id love to hear! Please PM me. Like I said, Dave is my favorite band ever. The lyrics, the music, and the band itself- theyre just amazing.

15. What song are you embarrassed that you love? I Will Come to You - Hanson

I was a Hanson fan for a really long time, deep inside I still am I'm sure Wink, so one of my all time favorite songs is still "I Will Come to You." I never viewed it as a love song, I always looked at it as a song about someone who's passed away and that's how I connected to it. It helped me a lot when I was learning to cope with my father's death.

16. Whats your victory song? Fighter - Christina Aguilera

I am not a big fan of hers (I had to google her name to figure out how to spell it! ha), but this song I can freely admit I love. It came out right around the time my heart was broken by someone I was close to for a long, long time. He broke my heart, and didn't care one bit. In a way, this song became an anthem for me.

17. Whats the song you listen to when depressed? Butterfly Kisses - Bob Carlisle

I don't know about you, but when I'm depressed there's nothing better in my mind than breaking out songs that make me feel worse! I'm demented, I know. There are quite a few songs that could have answered this question- Hell, I could have made you a CD of just these songs! But I picked the one that tends to go on repeat. This song is a sweet song, about a father/daughter relationship. It's a really pretty and sweet song, but depresses me because I know I will never have those memories with my father. I'm kind of getting weepy writing about it so I'll stop here.

18. What song best represents you in your entirety? Beautiful - Joydrop

I don't know if many people have heard this song. It's kind of old, but fun to listen to. It's like a "Fuck you, I'm awesome!" song. I think every teenage girl in the world should have a copy of the song... not the CD per say, because I'm not a fan of the CD or even the band. I just like the message it sends.

19. What's song best represents your philosophy/religion/creed? If God Was One of Us -  Joan Osbourne

I think this song really represents how I feel about my faith (not religion, because I don't feel that I have a religion per say - but if you want to  be technical I'm Catholic lol). I have a strong, unshakeable faith in GOD. I think God is wonderful, and strong, and THERE. I didnt always think that, though, so it's taken awhile to believe it. But I admire the song because I think there's nothing wrong with having a strong faith in God and still having questions. It doesn't make you any less of a believer- it makes you more of a believer, in my opinion. It means you have such a strong belief that you know there might be more out there and you have such faith that you can question it and not worry about it shaking YOUR faith. Or  maybe I read into songs too much? Wink

20. Whats the best song of all time? Blister in the Sun - Violent Femmes

I was going to put this as the answer to "What's your love life like?" - The song is about masturbation, if you didn't know. Ha, okay sorry I'm really being quite dirty! I'm only playing- just thought it would be a really funny joke Smiley This song is fun though and I really like it.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005 06:47:03 PM by jMi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: September 12, 2005 08:00:27 PM »

Got my CD from Nabisco tonight!  Will post pics/playlist soon!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
metamurph
Lifeguarding the gene pool!

Blinkie worm!

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2005 08:49:59 PM »

I got both cds sent by girlfriday and gemjams. Here they are in their cute and classy splendor:

The one on the left is from girlfriday, and I love the little guy on top! He's on a sparkly red background.

There's no CD in gemjams's lovely case because I'm listening to it! I'll post the tracklist if it's all clear to do so.

Girlfriday's track list:

Get Up Off That Thang : James Brown - LOVE THIS SONG!
Purple Shoes : Malia
The Eyes of Texas : Longhorn Band  - All to the tune of "I've been working on the railroad"...yep! Annoying!
Santa Baby : Eartha Kitt - Such a great voice!
Blame it on the Weatherman : B*Witched
Un De Vez En Cuando : Las Ketchup
Liar : Violet Crown
Uptown Girl : Billy Joel - This takes me back to my childhood. Wow.
Tiny Dancer : Tim McGraw - I love this one no matter who sings it. Try Ben Folds's version, too!
How Sweet It Is : Michael Buble
Crash Into Me : Dave Matthew's Band
Knights of the Round Table : Monthy Python - I dance to this one. Really!
I Can Love You Better : the Dixie Chicks - Yay! Another DC fan!
What An Idiot He Is : Ashley MacIsaac
These Boots Are Made for Walking : Jessica Simpson - I LURVE this song, but I prefer Nancy Sinatra's version (sorry!)
We Will Rock You : 5ive - A winner! My niece listens to this one over and over and over...
I Wish I Were The Rain : She Daisy
Devil In Disguise : Elvis
Baby Keep Smilin' : Lou Bega
Hey Good Lookin' : Hank Williams - You just can't argue with a classic!

Thank you both for the awesome cds! Great swap!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Need a sewing pattern? Check out my Etsy:

http://singlebutcrafty.etsy.com
jMi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 12, 2005 09:08:07 PM »

Ohh Crash Into Me! Good song!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://lifeadored.blogspot.com/
Getting back into crafting! Follow along with me on my blog and see what I come up with! Smiley
girlfriday

I'm NOT a monkey!

View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2005 09:10:44 PM »

Metamurph, I like Nancy Sinatra's version much better too, but I'm not embarassed to like it. Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What is love? As far as I can tell, it is passion, admiration and respect. If you have two, you have enough. If you have all three, you don't have to die to go to heaven."
William Wharton
RaeAmazon

The Amazon Woman of North America

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 13, 2005 01:03:34 PM »

Alright, here's the specs on Nabisco's CD!

Playlist:
1.  Satisfaction- Benny Bonassi
2.  Blue Monday- Orgy
3.  Baby Wants to Ride- Jamie Principal
4.  Halloween 2- Misfits
5.  Hey Hey My My- No Means No
6.  Run to the Hills- Iron Maiden
7.  Science Fiction Double Feature- Rocky Horror Picture Show
8.  Yellow Submarine- The Beatles*
9.  Personal Jesus- Depeche Mode
10.  Radar Love- Golden Earring
11.  Strangelove- Depeche Mode
12.  Kickstart My Heart- Motley Crue
13.  Kalamazoo- Primus
14.  People Who Died- Jim Carroll Band
15.  Wouldn't It Be Nice- The Beach Boys*
16.  Bohemian Rhapsody- Queen
17.  Watch the Sky for Me- Powerman 5000
18.  Boogieman- White Zombie
19.  I Believe in a Thing Called Love- The Darkness
20.  Jailbreak- ACDC*

*indicates songs omitted due to space constraints

Awesome mix, Nabisco!  Hope you like yours!  If you don't have a camera, let me know- I'll post a pic cuz I took one!  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am a writer but I still believe this:

Never settle with words what you can accomplish with a flamethrower.
sic_zebra
« Reply #17 on: September 13, 2005 01:45:20 PM »

hooray! i got my cd's and they are great! this was such a fun swap. so...from spiderdust:

and since im pretty sure the pic doesnt show it, the playlist:
Twistin the Night Away - Sam Cooke
Pink Moon - Nick Drake
Solsbury Hill - Peter Gabriel
If Every Day Was Like Christmas - Elvis Presly
Stormy Weather - Billie Holiday
I Love Paris - Ella Fitzgerald
Graceland - Paul Simon
Devil Inside - INXS
Work is a Four Letter Word - The Smiths (my fav on here.  Grin)
Sweet Thing - Van Morrison
Everybody Here Wants You - Jeff Buckley
Hippy Chix - Camper Van Beethoven
Paper Bag - Fiona Apple
Jism - Tindersticks
Downtown Train - Pad Stewart
Make Love, F War - Public Enemy w/ Moby
Another Lonely Day - Ben Harper
Pipe Dreams - Travis
Our Generation - Marcy Playground
Harvest - Neil Young

and from princessliak...

Sexual Revolution - Macy Gray
Sunrise - Norah Jones
Thank God I'm a Country Boy - John Denver
Banana Pancakes - Jack Johnson
Dancing Queen- ABBA
You Can't Always Get What You Want - Rolling Stones
Greatest American Hero - Christopher Cross
If I Had a Boat- Dave Matthews and Tim Peynolds
Love of My Life (acoustic) - Dave Matthews
Sexual Healing - Ben Harper
The Sky Above - Wylie Gustafson
Girl You Know It's True - Milli Vanilli
Anyway- O.A.R. (love o.a.r.!)
It's Raining Men - Gloria Gayner
Free - Donavon Frankenreiter
Everyday - Wylie Gustafson
Cowboy Take Me away - Dixie Chicks
What a Wonderful World -Joey Ramone
Melissa - Allman Brothers Band

i like them a lot! thanks so much guys!
and to my swap partners- glad you liked them  Smiley
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005 12:38:32 PM by sic_zebra » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nabisco

the fate of millions

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: September 13, 2005 05:04:23 PM »

Oh, I'm glad my CD was received so quickly!

I just got my CD from RaeAmazon and am listening to it right now! So far, so good!

1. Jerk It Out - Caesars
2. Brick Is Red - Pixies
3. Tuff Luff - The Unicorns
4. The Conductor - The Faint (I am loving this song!)
5. Exakt Neutral - Stereo Total
7. Burning Photographs - Ryan Adams
8. Take Me Home Tonight/Be My Baby - Eddie Money
9. Killer Queen - Queen
10. The More I See You - Michael Bubl
11. Girl Is On My Mind - The Black Keys
12. A Sorta Fairy Tale - Tori Amos
13. Tick - The Yeah Yeah Yeahs
14. The Recluse - Cursive
15. Hollaback Girl - Gwen Stefani
16. Main Man - The Ramones
17. Out-Side - The Beta Band
18. Soul Meets Body - Death Cab For Cutie
19. For The Moments I Feel Faint - Reliant K
10. Number One Song - Minutemen

I'm pretty excited by this CD since it's full of bands I keep hearing about but never motivate myself to listen to! It's also cool to listen to after submerging myself for weeks in really weird 90s music Tongue.

Sorry this picture's dark Sad The cover's really pretty, it's purple and pink tyedye!

THIS ROCKS   Logged
lespaulguitargurl
« Reply #19 on: September 13, 2005 10:59:14 PM »

I also got my mix today from princessliak.  I would post pic and the playlist but that has already been done.  I love all it!  It is a great mix of different kinds of music.  After recieving my two mixes I wish that I had thought to include my reasoning behind choosing certain songs, but maybe I will think enough to do it next time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Low Side-Part Hairstyles at the Badgley Mischka FW 2014 Show
How to Apply Volumizing Hair Powder
How To Get A Segmented High Ponytail
How To Tease Your Hair Properly
9 Lies About Your Hair You Probably Believe
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad
@Home This Weekend: Teacup Bird Feeder
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...