A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,213
Currently Running With Scissors:
547 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Post Secret Swap Round II  (Read 35938 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

handlethis
Monica

I got soul but I'm not a soldier

View Profile
« Reply #160 on: October 20, 2005 03:34:49 PM »

I got mine for october today!

<<<removed quoted image>>>

I'm bad with taking pictures & had to use my flash, so just in case you can't read it, it says:
"I wish I could be as: HAPPY, GIVING, EDUCATED, POLITE, INNOCENT, UNIQUE, CREATIVE, CONFIDENT, CARING, CONTENT, HEADSTRONG, INDEPENDENT AND (insert positive word here...) As I let them believe I am!

wow. That really struck a note with me because i let a lot of people think i'm someone i'm not too.

you know..i use to be like that in highschool[2 yrs ago]...i was always the nice girl....i partied but i was still the nice girl who....was never mean...friends with everyone..and it all came back to kick me in the ass..... a friend...hurt me....and from that point on..i started becoming more 'strict' who my friends were...i started being me....if that meant being mean....i was mean....and then when i started college..i was like...'yeah...now im going to be me...if i have friends...cool..if i dont....still cool...' You know....I have friends who like me for me....not many because it hard for me to open up to people but the handful of friends I do have...I feel good being myself.

the point of my 'life' story...is that I know how you feel....and trusttttt me..once you just let yourself goo and be who you truely are....life is so much better....i honestly can admit I am selfish, concieted, mean, judgmental.....I have 'good' qualities too but those 'bad' qualities are a part of me and  I am proud to be me regardless of what people think.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2006 11:50:36 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged

jag5000

she's not just my daughter - she's pop art!

View Profile
« Reply #161 on: October 20, 2005 05:43:37 PM »

if it's any consolation I'm 28 and I still don't know if anyone knows the REAL me - mind you I don't think even I know who that is... is the face I put on actually PUT ON, or is that me?? hmmm

my mum (at 59) says the same thing!

plus i still don't know what I want to be when I 'grow up' ..... I look like I'm already grown up - I mean, I have a house, a child, I foster other children - but I still don't feel like an adult most of the time!! *S*

I 'spose it's a life long thing

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"I craft, therefore I am"
sweetie pie press
« Reply #162 on: October 21, 2005 04:08:22 PM »

october:

thank you for your secret.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

colie
« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2005 06:12:32 PM »

Ok, I think there may have been a mix up, because I recieved a second post card for this month. Anyhow, here it is:

Sorry it is so dark! But to the sender: I know exactly how it feels to surround yourself with people and still feel extremely lonely... it sucks a lot. Unfortunately, I have no advice. I can tell you that what I am trying to do is to make more meaningful friendships with just a few quality people, which I am hoping will help- but it is definately easier said than done.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bamabee
« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2005 07:40:20 PM »

I have a new motto that I'd like to share with you.  GO DEEPER!  We all have limitations put on us and would like things that we don't have.  If we go deeper into what we already have we will be more prepared when we are ready to move on with our lives.  Example:  What you just said about having more meaningful relationships with a few people.  Go deeper into those relationships.  Or you really wish your talents were different.  I wish I could paint and draw more easily.  Instead of trying to start over in a new skill set, I go deeper into the things I already have a base in, sewing and rhyme.  I am finding that it seems to apply in a lot of situations.  I hope this makes sense.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2005 07:52:21 PM »

haven't gotten mine for the month, but it's so cool to read everyone else's.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craft_t_chic
« Reply #166 on: October 25, 2005 05:51:29 PM »

Okay, i apologize for the length of time it took me to post my secret. i will have pics in at least two weeks. I am so sorry!

My secret is: "I had to shorten some curtains for a really wonderful AND goodloking guy. I keep the scraps in a closed ziploc to smell at them from time to time..."
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your promo stickers...your fave local band, your etsy shop, your zine, a sticker you picked off a bar wall, or even bumper stickers! I'm covering a table & need stickers! PM me!

http://www.wists.com/craft_t_chic

Free gift with every purchase!
www.crafttchic.etsy.com
lasandri
originator of the term "crackster", as in craftster is like crack.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #167 on: October 27, 2005 11:33:56 PM »

i'm kinda disappointed that not a lot of people are posting their cards Sad
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #168 on: October 28, 2005 12:48:15 AM »

i'm kinda disappointed that not a lot of people are posting their cards Sad

i haven't gotten mine yet.... maybe people all mailed late or something?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
Ohhdarling

Stuff me in your bones.

View Profile
« Reply #169 on: October 28, 2005 12:37:48 PM »

I haven't gotten mine either yet. I'll post it as soon as it arrives though.
But yeah, it seems like considering the amount of people participating in this swap, not many postcards get shown? Maybe I am underestimating the number that have been put up though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

We calm ourselves with store-bought dreams.
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 [17] 18 19 ... 37 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How To Make a Cascading Bouquet
How To Make a Hand-Tied Calla Lily Bouquet
How To Make a Corsage Bow
How To Make a Boutonniere
How To Make a Calla Lily Arm Bouquet
Latest Blog Articles
More Amazing Matchboxes
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...