A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 298,750
Currently Running With Scissors:
660 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Unconditional Swapper Swap  (Read 38596 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2005 03:14:46 PM »

I really do feel that everyone receiving in this swap should be crafting for at least one person. I know it's unconditional, but it doesn't seem right to me otherwise. Basically if everyone made 2 things everyone would get crossed off, so I really think anyone who joins this swap should consider making 2 things as their goal- even if they don't necessarily meet it for whatever reason. Obviously if you make several for one month you might take the next month off, but I'm not sure I like the idea that this swap is a place for potential "flaker" minded people to keep receiving stuff every month and never giving back without there being any consequences. I'm just traditional minded I guess...

I was thinking something like that...especially about "flaker" minded people who sign up every month just to get stuff...however the idea of being unconditional kinda makes me feel as though people shouldn't HAVE to craft...I was thinking more along the lines of, if you received two things off your list for one month, you have to wait one month before you can sign up to receive again.  So, if you got two things in September, you can't sign up again until November.  That way, people who signed up in September but didn't receive get kind of bumped up, and it also allows room for new people.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take that you stupid corn!
philodendron5
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2005 03:40:43 PM »

I am so excited! I left for a week and came home to the hottest three pairs of earrings from surfergrl311... EVER! This is the greatest swap!  Grin

and here they are! Sorry for the crappy camera phone picture... I was holding out to borrow a friend's digital, but it just didn't happen.

Aren't they lovely!?
« Last Edit: September 26, 2005 08:57:18 PM by philodendron5 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meatwad: I'm satan's onion... or scallion, something like that.

Frylock: I think you mean minion.

Meatwad: oh yeah, that's right.
BlackMarketBaby
« Reply #112 on: September 21, 2005 03:40:53 PM »

harriet the spy may have had a more profound impact on my life than i realized.

Oh boy! Harriet the Spy!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sporkx71

Like anything I made? http://sporkx71.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #113 on: September 21, 2005 03:48:41 PM »

i don't think that you should be REQUIRED to send someone something. if you sign up theres no guarantee that you will actually receive. this is not a normal swap, it being unconditional and all, so it shouldn't be treated as such. and if the purpose of requiring someone to send something is to eliminate flakers, its not going to work too well. i mean, whats going to stop them from signing up, picking their one person of the month and not sending to them once their picked themselves?? thats not fair for the person they flaked on because they'll be crossed off the list and not be receiving anything or getting the chance for someone who's going to put a lot of effort into their item to send to them. i think the reason these items are so well made and nice is that people are doing the best and really putting their all into making them. and since its all voluntary theres no pressure to make something they are not confident about making.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like anything I've made? BUY it here: http://sporkx71.etsy.com
rackycoo
Global Moderator
Swap Moderator
Paper Crafts, Scrapbooking, and ATCs Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Member of the Papercraft Gang

"Best of 2013" Winner; too lazy to change avatar.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #114 on: September 21, 2005 03:50:01 PM »

Here's the tampon cozy I made for lusterbunny. The fabric is brown and pink, the ribbon matches better than shown, and the silver charm does not actually glow in that alarming manner! Other than that, this is a very accurate photo.  Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my Etsy shop. Scary Toys and Halloween for everyone!
My blog: junk&stuff
Pinterest
craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #115 on: September 21, 2005 05:07:17 PM »

i got a great zine from spicey! it was very exciting - a package from france? who do i know in france? ohmygoodness!

she's put so much detail into it! i'm super impressed. my camera's being wonky, if i can manage to get it to stop for a brief time, i'll take pictures. but it's got all these little details, like an ATC, real photos pasted in, a little envelope of goodies ful of stickers and funky paper, a little mini zine glued in with recipe in it, it's great!

as for the # debate, i think it's great that the number is in there. i agree, it's not a competition, and obviously somethings are more of a commitment than others, so it's not completely accurate, but i think everyone's getting off the track of what the feedback is supposed to be for. my understanding of the feedback system was basically for the swap organizers, so that we can determine what kind of a swapper someone in. so as a swap organizer, i like the idea of the #, because then i can see, okay, this person sent 3 items. that means that they committed themselves 3 times, crafted 3 times, and shipped 3 times. that was i can see how experienced they are. does that make sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #116 on: September 21, 2005 05:15:31 PM »

I guess we should probably move our discussion to our original discussion thread here http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=50691.0 like jazzybee said in the wishlish thread?  That way we can keep this a positive thread, with great pictures and praises and thank yous!

off to delete my post...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #117 on: September 21, 2005 06:03:53 PM »

I am so excited! I left for a week and came home to the hottest three pairs of earrings from surfergrl311... EVER! This is the greatest swap!  Grin

yay glad you like them! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarhandgrenade

We need a dirty word...like Bill O'Riley!

View Profile
« Reply #118 on: September 21, 2005 06:48:49 PM »

check out the amazing skirt i got from stinkylooloo!

it's perfect and it fits me perfectly! perfectly! and with the vague descriptions i gave, and everything. i am very excited and in awe. length, colour, everything! it's like you are a mind reader (and a very talented craftstress)!

i only took it off because it is hot out today and i didn't feel like sitting here sweating into it.

it's funny because i was starting to think of all the colours and combinations that i dislike but did not mention and this is just absolutely bang-on. i have a real thing for birds, too. amazing!

thank you so much, stinky!

(may i call you that?)

ps - the grottiness of the pictures is due to the flaking silver on my old mirrors not ms. looloo's handiwork. please feel free to post your own - probably better - photos if you have them.

I'm glad you like it and that it fits! It seemed like it took forever for it to get there.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2006 06:06:00 PM by sweets4ever » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sweetie pie press
« Reply #119 on: September 21, 2005 06:54:31 PM »

check out the amazing skirt i got from stinkylooloo!

it's perfect and it fits me perfectly! perfectly! and with the vague descriptions i gave, and everything. i am very excited and in awe. length, colour, everything! it's like you are a mind reader (and a very talented craftstress)!

i only took it off because it is hot out today and i didn't feel like sitting here sweating into it.

it's funny because i was starting to think of all the colours and combinations that i dislike but did not mention and this is just absolutely bang-on. i have a real thing for birds, too. amazing!

thank you so much, stinky!

(may i call you that?)

ps - the grottiness of the pictures is due to the flaking silver on my old mirrors not ms. looloo's handiwork. please feel free to post your own - probably better - photos if you have them.

I'm glad you like it and that it fits! It seemed like it took forever for it to get there.

that's canada! they probably had to spend a few days sniffing it at the border to make sure it wasn't a skirt made of drugs.

and yes, i love it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 42 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Best & Worst Style
How to Highlight and Contour For a Thinner Face
The Right Way to Wear Winged Liner
Pharrell Teams with Comme Des Garcon for Girl Perfume
Theodore Leaf Reveals His Elevator Makeover Hair Tricks
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Dark Chocolate Bacon Pecan Pie
Amazing Altered Puzzles
Meatless Monday: Cottage Cheese Mousse

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...