A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 300,909
Currently Running With Scissors:
472 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: My New Room! yay  (Read 3026 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bkqueen
« on: September 05, 2005 07:26:54 PM »

Ignore all the weird stripes and such on the photos, i dont know what happened.. but the paint doesnt look like that! lol

Well since I am home from my two years of travelling, and, well after two years of travel volunteering I don'thave enough money to rent a place, I am stuck at home with the folks, and commuting.. so I decided in order to survive I must have a new room ;p

Plus, all my new souvenirs and things from Africa needed somewhere to fit in! Theres some stuff I didn't get photos of, my art wall, that has a few paintings, prints, photographs, etc. i also didnt get a close up of my mask.. and the table wasnt in the room yet.. anyway..

The writing is Arabic for Freedom. This cupboard was always in my room but used to be green/blue with stars/moons.. We painted it pale yellow and then used th color of the walls to sponge on top of it..the painting i bought while in St. Maarten.

Above the door is my batik wall hanging. The door was a poem written by a Ghanaian artist.

my photos, new chair and my drum..

The best part is the cork board and you can hardly see it! I took an old fuzzy/sparkly red sweater that was hideous(one of those sweaters that makes even an 80lb girl look fat) and used double sided tape to hold it on, and then pushed the edges under the  edges.. sooo amazing!(the corkobard was peeling and ugly, so it was on its way to the trash)

for some reason, the best parts are hidden or i didn't take a picture of them! Sad but i love it.. and the colour names(foro some reason i love colour names!) were very fitting... "djembe" & "flamenco red"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
crappiefisher
Crappiefisher

I just LOVE craftster!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 06, 2005 08:57:18 AM »

wow! you can really see the African influence in the style and colors! you must have been really inspired!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't you let nobody tell you that you can't do nothin. You can do whatevah you put your mind to!" - wise words from my Granny when I was 5 years old.
bkqueen
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005 09:07:06 AM »

well,
after living there so long it felt wayyyy too weird coming back to the land of the north.. and way too NOT colourful.. West Africa is probably the mot colour part of the world.. EVER lol.. and you can't see the elephants! but the little flower holding vases on the wall, are wood with elephants carved into them..
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kewlchik
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2005 02:45:46 PM »

so pretty!thanks so much for sharing. You have really created a sanctuary for yourself.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meco

Agent Provocateur

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2005 11:09:24 PM »

way, that turned out pretty!! You did a great job
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Photo Album Out of an Altoid Tin Part 2
How to Make a Photo Album Out of an Altoid Tin Part 3
Coping Molding
Coping Molding Basics
Coping Crown Molding
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag
Tute Tuesday: Honkin' Big Beach Ball Snowman

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...