A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,548
Currently Running With Scissors:
760 Guests and 35 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: want labels... can't decide what looks best...  (Read 869 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Linds3485
« on: December 16, 2004 08:16:22 PM »

So I've decided my purses need labels.

I've also decided that namemaker.com has the cheapest prices for small quantities (I have no use whatsoever for more than 100 labels... at the moment).

But that's about the extent of my decisions. Please help!

Here's my dilemma - I'm debating between a simple woven label and a printed satin ribbon (Most of my items have ribbon accents, and ribbon belts are my main sellers... I thought it could tie it all together). My only worry about satin ribbon is how smoothly it will sew onto the bags, and if it might fray?

I am also having problems with colors. While I'd like to get something bright and colorful, I don't want my label to "clash" with purses made from different colors. I was thinking of getting a 5/8" or 3/8" ribbon... either sage green with white lettering or a powder pink with brown or maroon lettering. If I got woven I could get white with brown lettering or powder blue/pink with gray lettering? See my dilemma? I can't decide what colors will look best, or if I should go with something generic (white with black, or something similar) so it won't clash with my bags.

Any suggestions as far as material/colors go? I'm horrible with decisions like these and you guys are always so helpful! Thanks! Smiley

Lindsay
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lindsay Designs Unique accessories for you and your pet. It's fashion. Unleashed.
sarah_1980
tallpoppycraft.com

tallpoppycraft.com :: Tall Poppy Craft Products

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: December 17, 2004 12:47:37 AM »

Well I think you should go for the woven label. I wouldn't be too concerned about the colors clashing with your designs. If you have a logo use the colours in your logo. You could also use the colours on your website. Its all about creating your brand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sarah
http://www.tallpoppycraft.com
Tall Poppy Craft Products :: Handbag & Purse Making Supplies
iloveapple
« Reply #2 on: December 29, 2004 07:10:53 PM »

If it's sewn inside a purse, on a neutral lining then it shouldn't look too bad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
cloudbreakchick

We're all one of a kind, baby.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 08, 2005 02:11:31 PM »

I agree with everyone on here--don't worry about the colors!  I would love to see a new, funky looking label on something I own, and it would actually HELP brand you.  I can just hear it now "Ooh!  This lable is bright and funky like my friend's purse!  Did you do that one too?!  I have to have one!"

It's something that people will notice, and remember.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's late, and I've been wondering...  How I can stay awake so long and miss so much...

http://www.groups.yahoo.com/group/CraftCycle
Linds3485
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2005 02:19:58 PM »

I ended up getting light blue woven labels with white writing. I redid my website, and those colors go well with the new layout. I'll post a photo of them when they come in. Smiley Thanks for all the suggestions!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lindsay Designs Unique accessories for you and your pet. It's fashion. Unleashed.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Oscar Blandi on Hair Trends and Fashion
Music Festival Hair Inspiration and Tips
Style a Topknot Two Ways: Sleek Vs. Messy
How to Create a Selena Gomez-Inspired Updo
How to Boost Your Roots For Fine or Thick Hair
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...