A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 297,202
Currently Running With Scissors:
589 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Unconditional Swapper Swap (SEPTEMBER)  (Read 23796 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

JazzyBee
« on: September 05, 2005 12:32:04 PM »

PLEASE NOTE: (this is regarding some questions i recieved while people signed up, and also some mistakes brought to my attention)
Please note very carefully:
Each person can be picked 2 TIMES! Means that only 2 people can send someone. withing those 2 people, the person may recieve all 3 items. I.e "A" and "B" are sending to "X". A chooses to send 1 item off the list, while B chooses to send the other 2 items. therfore fulfilling all 3 wishes of "X".
Now, it is not necessary to fulfill all three 3 wishes..."A" could send just one item and "B" could choose to send one item therb fulfilling 2 wishes on "X's" wishlist.

1. All regular swap rules do apply for this. All of you who sign up will be screened to see if you are eligible to join the swap. Including Newbies.
2. Yes, once you have been picked twice your name can be on the list again the next month, when the organizer changes. You can then post 3 new items or the same ones.
3. Once you pick someone you want to craft for, PM me and i'll give you their information.
4. Negative feedback will be given to those who say they will craft for someone but dont send eventually.
Swap name: Unconditional Swapper Swap
Craftster member who is organizing this swap:  JazzyBee (Organizers will change every month)
Sign-up date range: No closing date
Date to send item by: Must send out item within 2 weeks of picking a partner
Limited to a certain number of people? (optional): Heck No!!
Non-U.S. participants allowed? Of course!
All ages allowed? Or 18+? Sure, but make sure your parents are fine with it!Organizer is aware of current list of "suspended traders"
list and will not allow those members to participate: YES
PLEASE READ ALL DETAILS AND RULES VERY CAREFULLY.

Details of swap:
Each person interested will post a list of maximum THREE items they want. (Try and list items that you cannot make, but would like to have). These items must be reasonable, it must not be ones that would cost someone a truckload of money to make for you!
Once you have given your three items good thought, reply to this thread and post your 3 wishes, along with any other information that will be helpful for those looking to craft for you. (Color preferences, style, size, design etc)
Those coming along this thread will scroll and read all sign ups, and decide if they want to craft for someone. Those who sign up as well are free to craft for another.
The catch to this (not so traditional swap, if you decide to craft for someone) is you cannot expect anything in return for your efforts except THANK YOU!!!. That is why it's called an Unconditional swap. You can hope that someone else or maybe that same person would want to make you something as well and then craft for you. And knowing the great craftsters here, Im sure everyone will receive something.
2. There is no limit to the number of people that sign up. It is going to be a sort of ongoing swap. Each month the organizer will change. All information of the swap will be transferred to the next organizer. An announcement will be posted about this change. This month (Sept. 5th to Sept. 30 it's me Jazzybee, From the first of every other month, a new organizer will be in charge)
4. The crossed out names can be back on the list once the organizer changes (Every month)
5. As soon as anyone picks a partner, you have to ship him or her their stuff within 2 weeks.
6. It is not necessary but I would appreciate if you could PM me with the DC number or scan the receipt and email me a copy.
All in all this is sort of a good karma swap. Give unconditionally is your motto my fellow craftsters.

QUESTIONNAIRE TO ANSWER:
Name of swap
Craftster username
Email address
Your real name
Mailing address
Also remember to read the Swap Info Guide to find out how to ship your item and other details about participating in a swap.

The swap gallery is set up:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=52055.0

LIST OF PARTICIPANTS

Not been Picked-Available (Black)

Munchie
jungrrl
Kinky Twinky
Darian

Have been picked once (Green)

Glasskatana (Ipod Cosy)
stellato_escuro (Warmer)
LauraNC (Pins/brooches)
BananaAmbush (Wish 3)
Remisica (surprise)
Taloola (something nursery related)
Lexis (wish 3)
Jazzybee (One ugly doll! Grin)
Sham (Journal)
lechaton (Wish 1 and 3)
Faerietail (kool aid and beads)
Bead girl (Ribbons and findings)
Norsgoebel (Embroidered(sp?) dish towels)
Annim (buttons)
Geeyouknit (Scarf&hat)
bkqueen(Long necklace)
KraftyKT (Skirt)
Kategirl (Messenger bag)
Staralee(Pins/Brooches)
TheEverFalling (Third choice)
Spicey (knitted hat)
Rainbow_art (Stationary)

[s]Have been picked twice (Red and striked out)[/s][/b]

Mishy (Pill box and wallet)
CraftSTAR05 (Magnets and something knitted or crocheted)
Bigmouth (wish 1 and wish 2)
PINK_DINOSAUR (Wish 3-tee and purse/handbag)
Onthinice (picture of puppies and kazanshi flowers)
Kat_Penguino (Earings/necklace and shawl/shrug)
Megaknits (necklace and wallet)
sugarhandgrenade (Jewish item and squirrel tee)
Seaofstars (Stationary and necklace/earings)
Bladeburn (Shrinky dink necklace and cuff bracelet)
Bente (Jewllery and Mix CD)
Onesmallinstrument (All 3 wishes)
Synne (Something screenprinted and Wish 3)
Andi_sunrider (mix cd and beaded necklace/bracelet)
Bracelet_girl (Coin purse and scarf)
Lusterbunny (Costume for her dog and Tampoon cozy)
Sweetie pie press (A skirt and wool wirst cuffs)
sporkx71 (Purse and Craft supplies)
DefunctBuffalo (Necklace and scarf)
nico-tiro (Earings and a surprise)
icrispyi (A bag and a necklace)
Rackycoo (Something with a martini glass on it and jwellery)
DsgndbyRJ (clutch bag and embroidered flower squares)
Eowynmn (Comic book theme thing and Scarf)
Olive+orange (Scarf and stuffie)
MyrnaLoy (First wish and bag)
PurpleFluffyCow (Scarf and a bag)
Happychick (Shrug and Journal)
The Meow Wont Purr (Stationary and Pin Cushion)
M8888888 (Warmers and Art to hang on walls)
philodendron5 (Earings and one more thing)
Aschnebly (Crocheted hair accessories and baby booties)
Adaquinn (Coin purse and surprise)
Starpiste (Label Pin and Soap)
Surfergrl311 (Slouchy hobo bag and scarf)
Sleepywalkin (Beaded Cuff and Owl bag/purse)
Starsix  (Headbands/Headscarfs and 1" buttons)
Crafty_dame[/color] (Earings and Zine)
Belleaurora(Scarf and record purse)
Snowflake (Beads and TP Cover)
Princess_me (Beads and sock monkey)
owalkerjillo (Bookmarks and something else)
MorningStar (Tote bag and Needle holder)
Lasandri (Hip belt and sushi themed crafts)
Jadey_Mcshadey(Crochet hooks and stationary)
Pibbgirl (Art work and Kitty Bed)
Sharla (Pins/broches,buttons and Pin up girl stuff)
Simply (Fairy and socks)
Zenochka (Red Dragon art work and Faire token)
Lv2ScrpBk (Duct tape purse and art work)
Grasshopper (Wirst cuffs and hat)
Writer78 (Favor/Token and Surprise!!)
Conely (Favors for her costume and hairsticks)
Zeeohee (Cherry blossom surprise and Something blue)
Bobolink (embellished pouch and ribbon belt)
Apandalee (Panda Art and Monster cell holder)
Orange_sunset (Black Scarf and Curly fork bracelet)
daydreamer13579 (Wish no.2 and Wish 1)
Craft_t_chic (Wishes 2 and 3 by same person and Wish 1)
Schmitaa (Wish 2 and Earings)
Princessblueberry (paper good and tee with vintage stencil)

« Last Edit: September 28, 2005 09:10:40 PM by JazzyBee » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I would just like to thank the academy for nominating me......
bkqueen
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005 12:55:21 PM »

Hi everyone!
My three wishes.........are...

1- i got a new laptop and it is ubbbber boring! lol so I am hoping for a pretty laptop sleeve..I love the monster ones, but Anything funky, bright.. The dimensions are Height: 1.46" (37.2 mm) Width: 13.0" (330 mm) Depth: 10.6" (268 mm).. I think the important thing is to remember its thick.. but i suck and can't seem to figure out how to make it so it looks nice.. ughh!
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=44220.0 I am wanting one with a zipper but it isn't necessary,

2- long loopy necklaces. with big chunky beads, tiny ones, fun wire, anything anything.. i love them.. preferabbly glass/plastic/metal beads.. I work with polymer clay(fimo/primo) but i don't bead too often.. http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=47437.0 or i love this one http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51244.0

3- I changed this wish because i just got two beautiful pillow cases! I have started getting interested in spinning, so ANYTHING reltaed would be amazing.. a CD spindle(because i totally can't get the right dimensions for the spindle in my hometown!)  or some wool roving... anything related! OR a (preferablly illustrated!) instruction booklet so i can learn! I will lovvvve you

about me.. I'm 20, a college student,  political nut(kind of a mix of NDP/Green Party-Canada) rights issues, travelling, music(foreign music, jack johnson, ben harper, ladysmith black mambazo, jazz-ANY KIND!,etc) volunteerism.... i like any colours, strange colour combos(lime/purple, orange/brown,etc..)

oops sorry if that is too much! lol I didn't know how much to add!

Edited to add links..
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005 04:50:30 PM by bkqueen » THIS ROCKS   Logged
purplefluffycow
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005 01:45:08 PM »

Ok, this is what I would love to receive:

1,  Some sort of messenger bag, I seriously need a new bag that I could take to work with me.  Nothing huge, just something that I can fit my lunch, purse, phone and things like that in.  I like the sort that I can carry by putting the strap over my head (If that makes any sense at all  Cheesy )

2,  Since it,ll soon be winter I would love a scarf.  I like the big snuggly looking ones.  I can never a scarf that I like so fingers crossed....
The sort I would like is one of those made with the silky tinsel like yarn. (You may be gathering that I'm rubbish at explaining what I'm thinking!)  Really I would just adore any sort of snuggly scarf  Grin

3,  And finally,  I would like a cool new top.  Nothing special, It could just be a reconstructed top using an old t-shirt.  The types I would love are a halter, or one of those cute tops with the corset type tops made from a t-shirt.  Forgot to mention... pm me for size  =)

I hope I'm not asking for anything that would be too much.

My style, likes and dislikes:
My favourite colours are black, hot pink, red, silver and purple.  I especially like black combined with either red or really bright pinks.  The only colour that I hate is gold.
My dress style is sort of gothic cowgirl if that would help any.
I love anything to to with cows.  I also have a major love affair with checkered or stripy patterns and stars.
I'm not sure if this would be helpful but my favourite types of music are rock and metal.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2005 09:42:18 AM by purplefluffycow » THIS ROCKS   Logged

kategirl
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

queen of awkward

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005 02:03:43 PM »

1 - a messenger bag.  smallish, but large enough to hold a few notebooks and with pockets to hold purse type stuff.  must be semi heavy duty, preferably with black/grey outside and some fun colored inside (pink, red, etc...  and fuzzy would be really wonderful!).  I like slick, modern, streamlined designs best.

2 - a cute skirt.  calf length (about 28->30 inches long) would be best, preferably lined or of a heavier fabric since it'll be winter soon.  I like full, flowy types best.  colors are up to you, just not too much green or orange.  my waist is about 30->32 inches and hips are about 40 inches.

3 - knit convertable mittens.  I will forever love anyone who makes these for me.  they're a little too advanced for me.  I'd love any color/yarn you made them in.  hand is 4 inches wide at the widest part (side of thumb to other side of hand) and about 8 inches long (base of hand to tip of middle finger).

thank you so much, whomever is sending me the messenger bag!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005 09:39:50 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

KraftyKT
FeMailler, and proud of it!

Say no!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005 02:19:06 PM »

This is SO exciting! Okay, for my wishes...
 1- A messenger bag I can use for school. Something that would fit lunch, a few books, and a phone.
 2- A funky chainmaille necklace.
 3- A skirt. Out of anything that would be comfy.  I dont know how to make them, and i really want one. Has to come below the knees though (30-34 inches or so). Any type would rock! ( Waist 31, Hips 41)

Colors: I dont like pink very much. My favorite colors are black, lime/neon green, and bright blue. My favorite color combo is black and lime green. Neon blue and black come in close second.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005 09:41:01 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

www.facebook.com/KraftybyKT - See and Buy Chainmaille!

etsy.com/kraftybykt - Steampunk supplies!

How I pay for my craft supplies (in amazon giftcards) - http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/BewareTheThinker
The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005 02:40:40 PM »

Yeay!!! I can't wait!! Here's my wish list:
1. A pincushion! Any size, type, material, anything!
2. A tote bag! I love totes. I use them for trips to the library and for school, so something around at least 10 inches deep would be used on a daily basis.
3. Stationary! I LOVE paperstuffs. I especially love postcards and lettersets. Even just a couple of decorated/stamped/handmade postcards would send me over the moon! Any style or theme! I try to send new postcards to my friends all the time.

I made this page for my swap partners to know alot about me in a little time: http://www.geocities.com/melababy/swap.html. I think it will help see the kinds of stuff I like/dont like easily.  Grin

ETA: Thanks, you two secrety craftsters out there!!
Also, just to add for the sake of adding, my birthday is Sept. 10th! I'll be 21!!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005 09:41:39 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
m8888888
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005 02:43:47 PM »

Yay! This swap sounds neato! I already found one thing to give to somebody else, too!
My wishes:
1. Arm or wrist warmers. Knitted or crocheted in some nice warm, snuggly yarn, please! I like blues, pinks, browns, black, or any combo of those colors. I have, um, normal-sized arms. Nothin' special.
2. A piece of art to hang on my wall. A painting or a print you made or whatever. I love love love other people's art! I get tired of just seeing my own all the time! I love contemporary art the most of all, and collage, and... anything! Really!
3. A cool, different necklace. Not the type that you see every day. Something a bit chunky, yet innovative. Was that vague/specific enough?! I love jewelry, & I like wearing all different kinds!

Alright, I hope my wishes weren't too strange or picky! Thanks!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005 09:42:47 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Favorite moment of the year?  That commercial when m8888888 dropped her towel and jumped naked into the arms of Tony Danza.
staralee
l'etoile

mmmm...koolaid yarn...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005 02:47:38 PM »

Hi all!
I wish for:
 1) Handspun yarn--I really really looove Handspun yarn with all the lumps, bumps, sequins-anything!
 2) a ruffly, tiered skirt (PM me for sizes!)
3)Pins or brooches...any jeweled or beaded kind (I knit, so I can make the flower (or felt) ones myself) I put on my purse or my jacket...anything is great (well, just not sexually explicit, although I'm gonna make myself a knit vagina...)
My fave color is blue, but I pretty much love them all except PURPLE! I hate most purples...
My blog is here: staralee.blogspot.com in case you wanna see what I do!
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005 09:20:08 AM by staralee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheEverFalling

Almost, but not quite, entirely unlike tea

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005 03:48:33 PM »

Hello! I'm so excited for this swap.

My Wishlist:
1. A strange hat.. you know, like that chicken viking hat or something.  Knitted/crocheted/any material! I wish I had that skill! Cheesy
2. Modified! Something to hold my crochet stuff in, like a hook holder! I'm just starting to crochet, and i love it!
3. Basically anything you enjoy making.. I love fresh, fun things! Truly,  I love anything I get from stationary to bags to gloves... and would appreciate it very much.

Hmm.. let's see.. I'm a high school student planning on majoring in communication disorders.. possibly northwestern? Like it matters. I LOVE music, especially classic rock and classical (Beatles, Springsteen, and Chopin are favorites). I play bassoon, clarinet, and piano. I'm obsessed with all things non-American. My style is punkish-goth-ish-hippyish casual, I suppose! My new favorite things are those belly dancer skirts.  Cheesy My favorite colors are red, black, and purple. I don't really knit or crochet, but I'd really like to learn! PM me with any questions!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005 09:43:29 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That doesn't make sense to me. But then again, you are very small."~Treebeard
philodendron5
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005 03:57:21 PM »

Hello! What fun!
Things that I would love to have in my life:
1. A knitted hat, of something soft with a roly poly end part. I"m getting rid of all of my hair in October, and Vermont is COLD. It needs to be something I can wear ALL the time. I have a fruity-pattootie hat that I love. (yep, I'm a dork) My head is umm... medium? But who knows what it'll be without all of this stupid hair. It can be any color at all, cause I'm no colorist!  Grin
2. Earrings! They can be anything, as long as the hook/post is hypo allergenic. Wouldn't want to have green ears... well maybe if I was into aliens. I mean, I like aliens, I don't want to be one.
3. A cuddly cat bed for my two babies to share. Maggie (short for Magpie) is a beautiful kitty who likes the sound of paper crunching and the feeling of felted wool. Buddy (short for Lord Stinkbutt)  is a 12 week old handsome gray boy, whose  likes include chasing balloons and gently carrying them around, sleeping on down comforters, and singing in the bath tub. This loving pair of kitties love to sleep on top of the computer monitor and chase letters. They love sleeping on anything that I don't want them too.  Grin

Things to know about me! I am KATE! I've felt the need over the years to add capitalization and punctuation to my oh so popular name. At one point, it was believed I would grow out of it, but it never happened as I"m now rockin' the right side of 21 (yep a whole 22 years old). I live in Vermont, and I'm very much a country girl. I love nature. I can most often be found on the water or in the woods. I am a vegetarian, but I'm not militant. I'm a Pisces! Also, I just graduated with a a BA in psychology and I'm working as a residential counselor in a program for teens. Pottery and Photography (B&W) are my favorite art forms. I wish I could knit! And i have a tendency to babble...  Grin

PS THANK YOU FABULOUS SWAPPERS!!!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005 05:13:37 PM by philodendron5 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meatwad: I'm satan's onion... or scallion, something like that.

Frylock: I think you mean minion.

Meatwad: oh yeah, that's right.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Beauty Quickie: The Quickest, Easiest Reverse French Manicure
Learn How Get a Denim Look on Your Nails
Get The Most Out Of Your Skin Care Routine
How to Wear Grown-Up Glitter Eye Makeup
Beauty Test Lab: Brush-On Mascara
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pumpkin Spice Latte
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...