A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Fanatic Friends of Craftster now have the ability to disable ads on Craftster! Read more here.
Total Members: 302,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
461 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Unconditional Swapper Swap (SEPTEMBER)  (Read 25359 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

defunctbuffalo
« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2005 07:17:00 PM »

Okay!  So I'm signed up to give, and now I'm signing up to  (hopefully) get, as well.  I really like this swap, it sounds like a lot of fun.  I like picking items to give that I know I can make well.

1.  Circle skirt-- my sewing machine died a spectacular death, and the time when I'll have money to buy a new one is far, far in the future.  But I love the simple circle skirts with the stretchy waistbands that are all over Craftster, either circular or the square ones with the uneven hem.

2.  A scarf-- any kind, really.  Knitted and lacy, warm and fuzzy, smooth and sleek.  For my neck, for my head, for my waist, doesn't matter.  I live in Chicago, so we get every kind of scarf weather there is.  Smiley   (I edited this wish to be more specific, and it wound up more vague!  but hey.  scarves are fun.)

3.  A necklace-- either a big, funky pendant, or the kind that has lots of thin strands of beads, all kind of crazy.  That's a terrible description... they kind of look like vines, with stray bits all over the place.  Well, something like that.

Yay.  Smiley  (also, edited to say a HUGE thank you to whoever picked up my third wish--  you made me really happy.)

About me:  I like vibrant colors and jewel tones.  Nothing furry, or animal print, but anything else I'll probably love.  I have kind of a classic/boho style.     
« Last Edit: September 16, 2005 12:35:22 PM by defunctbuffalo » THIS ROCKS   Logged
lusterbunny
« Reply #21 on: September 05, 2005 07:18:29 PM »

It is really hard to pick out three things, there are so many great ideas out there.  I guess these are the things that I would be most interested in.
1. A cute tampon cozy
2. Some sort of combination case for my cell phone, Ipod and cords.  It would be nice to have them all together in my purse.  If that to much trouble  an individual one would be fine also. My Ipod is 4.1 " x 2.4" x .63".  I have a samsung flip top phone, it is 1 3/4" x 1" x 4 1/4" ( one inch of the height is the antenna nub).
3. This is a long shot, but someone posted that they would like to make a dog costume.  I would love a bumble bee outfit for my Chocolate lab (he is biggish about 80 lbs which is scary since he is still only 7 months old, and not full grown yet).

About me.  I am an artist.  I work primarily in ceramics.  I mostly do installation, but I also make other things.  If anyone is interested I do a lot of dinnerware reconstruction.  I take existing stuff and embellish them with new and vintage decals.  I also make a lot of tiles with Victorian and erotica images.
As far as my likes and dislikes go, I like quirky and or vintage stuff, I tend to not like bright neon colors.  Love browns mixed with pink, baby blue or orange.  I also really appreciate great craftsmanship
« Last Edit: September 15, 2005 03:13:58 PM by lusterbunny » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Check out my naughty tiles at www.lusterbunny.etsy.com
belleaurora
« Reply #22 on: September 05, 2005 07:29:18 PM »

Oooh, I'm tingling with anticipation!  But yes, my wish list... (it's as much fun as writing to Santa!)........ man, it's hard to make a list!  Here I go...

1.  A slouchy hobo bag (like Tinafish's!).  Cute, yet functional Smiley  I'd prefer a pocket (is that possible?  If not, um, I'd feel silly.  haha) because I tend to carry around a lot of little stuff.

2. A record purse (like bowlordie's).  Oh my goodness~!  Those things are brilliant.  It would be a staple for when I went out swing dancing!

3.  Some accessories.  A sweet scarf (it can get fairly cold here in WA) or some funky brooches or some other things that'll make a basic school wardrobe more fun! 

So I guess I should talk about my style... I'm Japanese-American, and grew up mostly in Japan, and I've always loved the "funky" Japanese style ("why are you wearing a dress over jeans?!  You're weird."  "Shush, I'm 1/2 Japanese."  Tongue).  I'm working on getting a funkier, more unique wardrobe  Cheesy  I love vintage things/styles combines with today's basics (and by vintage, I mean 80s and beyond... I'm listening to Olivia Newton-John as I speak).  I like most colors, but I avoid straight up oranges, yellows, and pinks.  I can handle them as accents, like with black or other colors.  I currently have a lot of green shirts/tops (I have no idea how that happened), so I'm trying to get away from that a bit.  I've recently discovered that I like purple.  I love to dance and have "secret" aspirations to be on Broadway.  And I think i've rambled on for faaaar too long  Embarrassed  The worst part is, I think it was sort of generic rambling...    *sorry!*
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005 09:00:36 PM by belleaurora » THIS ROCKS   Logged
snowflake
« Reply #23 on: September 05, 2005 07:33:39 PM »

I'm so excited about this swap!  Here's my wish list...

Waterlily centerpiece (the 3-D lily, not the doily)
http://www.stitchguide.com/stitches/filet_crochet/patterns/pdfs/Waterlily_Centerpiece.pdf

TP cover
http://crochetme.com/issue_1/sushi_tp_cover.html

Beads, lots of beads!!!
I just love beads of any kind. 

I love crocheted stuffs, but I just can't read the patterns for nuts.  These are just a few items that I've been drooling over.

My home is decorated in earthly tone, resort style.   The waterlily centerpiece will fit in just nice on my dining table.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005 09:51:10 PM by snowflake » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #24 on: September 05, 2005 07:37:31 PM »

About me.  I am an artist.  I work primarily in ceramics.  I mostly do installation, but I also make other things.  If anyone is interested I do a lot of dinnerware reconstruction.  I take existing stuff and embellish them with new and vintage decals.  I also make a lot of tiles with Victorian and erotica images.

you're making me rethink my wishlist!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
littleone1098

Let them eat cake she said

View Profile WWW
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2005 07:43:02 PM »

oh man, this is an awesome idea. I'm really excited to see what comes out of this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Every morning when I wake up I experince an exquisite joythe joy of being Salvador Daland I ask myself in rapture, What wonderful things this Salvador Dal is going to accomplish today?" -The one and only
bkqueen
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2005 08:44:44 PM »

This is great,
I checked the first page, already 9 of us have picked to send someone! I am glad this seems to be working.. and evn I found someone i can send something to! hahaha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
philodendron5
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2005 08:51:23 PM »

I AM SO FREAKIN' EXCTIED ABOUT THIS SWAP!!!!!!
I can't wait to make and send everything out! woot!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Meatwad: I'm satan's onion... or scallion, something like that.

Frylock: I think you mean minion.

Meatwad: oh yeah, that's right.
Morning Star
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

feel my chest when i look at you, baby you, you got my only heart.

suppose i said, you're my saving grace?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2005 10:52:05 PM »

Dear Santa Craftsters,

I'm really excited about this! I see a few things I'd like to make already. Smiley
Here's my wish list:

1. Some handspun yarn. I've been wanting some for forever! I'm going to learn how to knit this month (YAY!) when my friend's grandmother comes down, so I want some cool yarn to make stuff for winter. Any colors, kinds. As creative and fun as possible, but wearable and kinda soft Smiley

2. A tote bag. I only use big purses, so something to hold my digital camera, ipod, keys and crap, wallet, etc. and knitting and crochet stuff. maybe some pockets, too. maybe something with a funny movie quote or something. it doesn't matter! Smiley

3. something to hold my future knitting needles and crochet needles. nothing too big, cause I don't have a ton of them. but something that rolls up and is portable.

About moi: I love anything hand made. I love vintage things, music(john mayer is my fave), funny movies. Anything thats funny and exciting i love. I love almost all colors. I'm not crazy about dark colors unless they're mixed with something pretty. I'm pretty girly and I love pink and pale yellow the most. but i've been really really really into turquoise (the color, not stone) lately.

edit: i almost forgot! my name is ashley, and i'm 19 *waves to everyone shyly*
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005 01:25:17 PM by Morning Star » THIS ROCKS   Logged

-mayor west?
-how do you know my language?

i made an info blog for my swap partners.
http://mon-seul.livejournal.com/

i now have a wist list!

www.wists.com/morningstar
snowflake
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2005 12:46:48 AM »

This is such a unique idea that I'm sure the list is gonna get longer and longer.  I was scrolling through and had a little problem in identifying what wish has been picked and what's not.

I have one suggestion!  After our wish/wishes has been picked, can the individuals (jazzybee wouldn't be able to do that for us, rite?) go back into our wish list and strike it off, so it is easier for others to scroll through and see what has not been selected?  This would increase our chance to get picked, wouldn't it?

Or anyone has a better idea?  Pls suggest!!!

Example:
Waterlily centerpiece (the 3-D lily, not the doily)
http://www.stitchguide.com/stitches/filet_crochet/patterns/pdfs/Waterlily_Centerpiece.pdf

TP cover
http://crochetme.com/issue_1/sushi_tp_cover.html

Beads, lots of beads!!!
I just love beads of any kind. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
This Is a Car
How to Make Bunting for a Hen Party
Holiday DIY: Colorful Ornament Garland
How to Create a Modern Holiday Chandelier
Colorful Leaf Wreaths with Amy Sedaris
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Quick Summer Dress
Marvelous Matryoshkas
Meatless Monday: Creamy Pasta with Peas

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...