A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 297,579
Currently Running With Scissors:
469 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: The Unconditional Swapper Swap (SEPTEMBER)  (Read 23928 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

surfergrl311

&& don't be so so sure. this is all it adds up to

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 05, 2005 04:25:35 PM »

ok here is what i'd like to recieve!

1. a slouchy (tinafish) hobo bag! i love hers to death but don't have a sewing machine Cry or really any kind of bag, messenger, jordy, tote, as long as its big and slouchy! Cheesy

2. FL doesn't really get cold but I'd love a thin knit or crochet scarf..i'm up for either

3. some funky 1 inch buttons...thats one thing i really can't make and would love to recieve

some things about me:

my name is kasey
i'm a picses
i have a boho/surf style
i love bold fun colors, turquoise, green, corals, pink, red, orange, browns!
colors i dsilike are purple and grey
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005 09:44:08 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

starpiste
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2005 04:31:29 PM »

Seeing other peoples lists are super inspiring. It's great!

1. Soap. I'd love any soap with natural and exfoliating additives. No colour or scent preferences but the more natural seeming the better.

2. Handspun yarn. Something that's multiweight, multicoloured and 100% natural fibers. I want to make a chunky but soft winter scarf out of it. Colour wise I like blues, greys, purples, yellows, pinks, aquas, black, creams.

3. Pins. I just want a few to alternate on the lapel of my wool winter coat. Classic, bright, simple, darling are all words I'd like to associate with them. I like things with graphical type qualities. I'd like them to stay under 1.5 inches big and around 1 inch would be best. Felt pins or metal/paper pins would both work.

I'm 23 and a classics and art major. I love simpliticy and cleanliness. I like things that are cute and girly but in a subtle and classic way.
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005 09:45:11 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

bkqueen
« Reply #12 on: September 05, 2005 04:39:12 PM »

sorry, just wanted to infiltrate the list to add.. we should set up a gallery once everyone starts getting things.. so we  can see each others work.. I would love to see how some people interpret other peoples words into their own art.. did that make sense? ha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jane Doe
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: September 05, 2005 04:50:34 PM »

I don't mean to be a douche bag, but how is this different to the
"Finished Crafts Wanted for Trade" section in the classifieds?

http://www.craftster.org/classifieds/index.php?cat=28

I guess more people participate in the trades than the classifieds though
THIS ROCKS   Logged

StarSix
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2005 04:51:37 PM »

My wishes:  *and a warning, I'm in Canada*

1.  A funky belt.  Made of whatever - just funky, unique, and original.  (waist size = about 30)
2.  One inch pins, buttons, or brooches, of any kind.
3.  Head scarves or hairbands.

I like pink, brown, blue, and boho styles...any questions, ask!
« Last Edit: September 13, 2005 09:45:40 PM by kategirl » THIS ROCKS   Logged

It's not Beethoven, but it sure bounces!

~ The Aristocats
aschnebly
I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)

Yarnaholic

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 05, 2005 05:03:32 PM »

I have already been picked twice, thanks all!
I am so excited after reading through everyone's wishes!

Here are mine!

1. Knit Baby Ugg Boots in the 9-12 mo. size for my daughter.   I saw the thread here on Craftster and it once again depressed me that I can not knit!  Links for reference incase you haven't seen how cute these are--
Here is the hat and boot set Cheekymama made --http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=14033.0 Pattern on DIY Network --http://www.diynet.com/diy/na_knitting/article/0,2025,DIY_14141_3148516,00.html  There is certainly no need for them to be made of the expensive yarn at all, or even tan, any color would be absolutely perfect!

2. A "Vines" scarf-- Pattern by Dansk, It's breathtakinghttp://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51065.0 or a creative scarf or cloche ala anthropologie style

3. A pair of crocheted doilie or flower earrings or a knitted or crocheted flower pin or hair clips or a hair tie or anything Smiley

Right now I'm into earthy colors like browns, tan, camel, burnt orange, but I also love black, teal/turquoise, greens,  and pink.  As you can probably tell, I can't knit, or crochet, and I envy all of you who can!  I am a sew-er, so I have no idea how time consuming any of these things are!

My birthday is August 9th, 1981, which makes me a Leo and 24 years old.  I'm a stay at home mom in Las Vegas, but I was schooled in Journalism in Boston.  My dream job (other than Mom, but that just came about recently) would be a designer, or a dessert chef, or a professional poker player.  I love funky, girly, boho, folkie, prarie, menswearish tailored,  but basically an eclectic mix of styles

I really can't wait to see people start receiving... everyone's wishes sound so great!
**Edited to add some more info!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2005 02:45:51 PM by aschnebly » THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #16 on: September 05, 2005 05:56:49 PM »

I think this will be fun. Is it cool if we change our wishes later? Like, if someone asks for a scarf, and gets three in the first three months, could they put something else on their wish list after that? Cause Im really damn indecisive!

Anyway, my wishes-

- I would LOVE if someone would make me some fun single earrings. I dont wear matching earrings, so I never want to buy them cause Ill have an extra! I like big chunky dramatic jewelery, nothing delicate. And they have to be made with shepherds hook earrings, so that I can bend them to fit them through my tunnels. (but feel free to use nickel hooks, cause they dont actually touch my skin)  and silver please, no gold. Ive always wanted a guitar pick earring, and I love the ones people are making with plastic charms, that sort of thing. My favourite earring in the world right now is a chunky black acrylic skull with rhinestones on it.

- Art work. I would love something cool to hang on my wall. Im totally lusting over fouficats stuff at http://www.hula-la.com/, but its totally out of my current price range (I have one of her postcards up on my fridge, but its not enough!) I like that style, and I also love GunSt.Girls stuff at http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=991. i like art that's vibrant colours, not neccessarily bright, but definitely vibrant. and i love when art has curvy girls in it, or gothy girls. i'm a sucker for gothy girls.

- zine stuff. your zines, or 1 buttons for your zines/distro, or patches for your zine/distro. I particularily love crafty zines, personal zines, and zines about queer or gender issues, but Id really be happy with anything zine related!

As for me-

I love black. I wear it constantly. I wear accessories in brighter colours too though. I love neon pink/fuscia, sometimes turquoise (the colour, not the stone), red, dark/bright purple, almost all shades of blue and white. I dont wear pastels, gold or natural colours like browns, oranges, yellows or greens.

I love catholic stuff like the sacred heart, the virgin mary, the lady of Guadalupe. I like burlesque style stuff, and I love clara bow. My style is a mix of goth/punk/glam, somewhat scenestery and also kinda over the top pin up style. I like tiny stripes and all sized polka dots. Ive recently fallen in love with leopard print all over again. I like zippers, studs, rhinestones and feathers. And glitter!

I like skulls, but I already have quite a bit of skull stuff. and I like mans ruin (aka sailor jerry) style tattoo art. stars are my absolute favourite symbol or image though.

EDITED TO ADD: i'm not really all that picky, i'm just trying to give lots of information!
« Last Edit: September 28, 2005 12:26:23 AM by crafty_dame » THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
bkqueen
« Reply #17 on: September 05, 2005 06:06:15 PM »

craftydame;
Yes the way it works is that every month when the organizer changes, we sign up again with new or the same stuff.. I think anyway! lol.. I was thinking about that earlier because everytime i see someones list i say .. ooh i want that too! haha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princess_me

You can't make me grow up!!!

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2005 06:34:22 PM »

i see a couple thing i can make for people already. here is my list.

i think this bag is so cool and would love something like this for my laptop or general use. (see deminsions above for laptop size) i love how this looks crazy
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51997.0

a funky colored sock monkey

i love glass beads so i guess thats something i want

i love the combination of black and pink or pink and silver or just pink by itself.
 invader zim
i am 22 but am turning 23 on september 20th

« Last Edit: September 11, 2005 05:10:12 AM by princess_me » THIS ROCKS   Logged
sleepywalkin
« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2005 06:52:01 PM »

wow, i didn't know it would be so hard to think of 3 things that i really want/need!  i'd really be happy with anything!

anyway, here goes:

-- a beaded cuff.  i don't wear much jewelry (mostly b/c i don't have any!) and i think the thickness would come in handy to hide my wrist tattoo when on business trips.  it can be stretchy or wire...big glass beads or seed beads...whatever you can think up!

-- a purse/bag with an owl on it.  i LOVE owls (will be my next tattoo!) and would like to incorporate them into my wardrobe somehow.  i could use a tote bag to cart around my books/lunch/etc for work...or a handbag for everyday use...or even a clutch to take to the bar on weekends.  simple or eyecatching or overdone or feminine...anything goes.

-- something wiccan-related.  i know there are lots of wiccans/pagans around here and i was fascinated (but too intimated to join) the wiccan and goddess swaps.  i've got a few books on the subject and i'm still definitely learning, but something wiccan-related could really inspire me to put more effort where my interest is.  whether it's a single item (with some sort of explanation/background) or an "intro to wicca" kit - anything would be appreciated.

there ya go, i tried to give a lot of detail but don't let that scare you.  i'm open to all types of things.  some general info - i like all things retro/vintage, polka dots, "rockabilly", read obsessively, 23 yrs old, college grad, newly single, live in philly with roommates that i hardly ever see, have a cat.  now i'm off to search to see if anyone is wishing for some paper crafts!!  *fingers crossed*
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005 04:28:23 AM by sleepywalkin » THIS ROCKS   Logged

we are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars - oscar wilde
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 4/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 3/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 5/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 1/8
How to Crochet a Star Shape Part 2/8
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...