A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,054
Currently Running With Scissors:
759 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tape Measure Belt.  (Read 24334 times)
Tags for this thread: featured_project  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

feal
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2005 05:38:42 AM »

cool idea! and to think your friend paid so much money for something like it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
coccyx
« Reply #31 on: June 07, 2005 03:57:37 PM »

I can't decide if I dislike it because it says "vanity" or if I like it because it thumbs its nose at society's obsession with waist size.  Please tell me it's the second.  Wink

Or maybe I'm just jealous cos I want one for the second reason, but mine would say 42...  Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stargirl52
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 07, 2005 11:45:59 PM »

I can't decide if I dislike it because it says "vanity" or if I like it because it thumbs its nose at society's obsession with waist size.  Please tell me it's the second.  Wink

Or maybe I'm just jealous cos I want one for the second reason, but mine would say 42...  Cry
Well, it's really neither. I thought the tape measure was pretty... (ha, how uneducated do i sound?)
Thumbs up for your deep look at it, however.
I really should get up a picture of how it looks now, quite different really.
-G.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I want your lungs to stop working without me.

http://georgianess.livejournal.com
Icemaiden
CSI addict!!

Annoy me...I'll set my pet sock,stripy, on you!!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2005 03:32:21 PM »

wow,what a cool idea!!I think a pink tape measure belt would look very pwetty....although I'll need to cut off a fair few inches at the start,lol.

Huggles

Ice Maiden
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Ninety-nine bottles of beer on the wall,ninety-nine bottles of beer.Swab one down,run it through CODIS,ninety-eight bottles of beer on the wall"

"Would you mind if I took a picture for my bite collection?"
"Whatever rubs your Buddha."

"Don't touch me.I'm evidence
Sad.
« Reply #34 on: June 10, 2005 02:33:58 AM »

Wow, I've been trying to find a buckle to make one of these before I even read your board. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Era Vera
« Reply #35 on: June 15, 2005 12:17:51 PM »

I really need to make one of these. I have masses of measuring tapes and I love them all an inordinate amount. I think the main reason I like to sew is I can put my measuring tape around my neck and hold pins in my mouth and feel all cool like a seamstress with my pretty sewing machine.

I used this idea about a week ago. I was late running out the door to go to a show my friend's band was playing at and I realized my pants were practically falling off my ass because they were too big. I didn't have time to go upstairs and dig through my room to find a belt or a different pair of pants, so I grabbed the nearest thing which looked like it could hold up my pants. Which just so happened to be a tape measure. Slipped it through my belt loops and tied it in a knot on the side and it worked great! Got tons of compliments on it and I plan to turn one of my measuring tapes into a real belt with a buckle. I just can't decide which one.

I would also like to know where to get belt buckles. Especially cool ones like used for this belt.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://eravera.blogspot.com/ <-rarely updated crafting blog
http://modaveloce.blogspot.com/ <-fashion-y blog with some diy and photography/art stuff
moonpie
« Reply #36 on: July 14, 2005 09:50:19 PM »

Oh stargirl52, it's so funny that you said you want to draw attention away from your belly, becauseI was just sitting here being jealous of your skinny little tummy in your pictures.  Don't worry about it, missy!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Sewlikewhoa
« Reply #37 on: November 18, 2005 08:02:19 AM »

Yeah this is old but still, I liked this comment, and this belt. So anyway, mine would read the same, and everyone can see what I look like, I dont think I would feel so self-conscience of putting a number to it. I want to make one now,and before, but now I want to wear one for the second reason.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"underwater, I wrote drowning"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Stalled at Comicon
Art of VIBE: Hebru Brantley Puts His Chicago South Side Roots Into His Art
Art of VIBE: Painter John Park Protects Originality Through Complex Process
Visually Impaired Artist Jeff Hanson Wants to Change the World
The Lab TV: Eric White
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...