A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Monday, May 23 News:  Why party hats?  Today, we officially welcome our newest Moderators, lindyv321, pottermouth, PerfectlyBohemian, Mistress Jennie and LovelyMiss to the team!  If you see them on the boards, congratulate them!
Total Members: 305,622
Currently Running With Scissors:
251 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: tiered skirt: how to crinkle?  (Read 1367 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« on: September 05, 2005 08:13:14 AM »

I know how you twist it and tie it up to dry that way, but I'm thinking of the little wrinkles that seem to always be there.. is there a special fabric that's wrinkly already or do you make it that way?



I'm AliceKathryn on Ravelry :)
Offline Offline

Posts: 961
Joined: 20-Jul-2005


View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005 08:51:45 AM »

Here's a link I've had bookmarked, scroll to the bottom for how to do the broomstick effect...



« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005 12:52:00 PM »

i have fabric that is already crinkled. not sure what it's called though .. i got it at wal-mart .. they ahve lots of colors. it's basically a really tyhin, soft cotton that has wrinkles running vertically. woo, i got some today for $1 a yard!
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005 12:49:25 PM »

I just got some fabric from Joann's that's was already wrinkled. She said it was called gauzy fabric. You might want to do what I did and just ask someone at your fabric store what they have that is already wrinkled. Good luck.

Why is it that I can no longer buy anything that has a slight chance I could make it myself? Even if I don't know how to make it, or it's cheaper to buy...I can no longer buy it because "I could make that myself".
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Offline Offline

Posts: 4596
Joined: 23-Jan-2004

I eat seakittens.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2005 09:05:24 AM »

Eh, gauzy fabric isn't always crinkled.  I got some at Walmart, too, probably the same stuff as skier.  It's 100% cotton, a nice loose weave (It IS gauzy, but that's beside the point) and crinkled.  And it's called crinkle cotton.  Or at least, most of the seamstresses I know call it that.  It's probably not the technical name, but if you asked someone if they had crinkle cotton, they'd know what you were talking about.  If you ask for "gauzy fabric", which is even more ambiguous than "crinkle cotton" you could get anything from crepe to cheesecloth.

Find craft patterns, supplies and humor at Lothruin.com!

Find me on Ravelry as Lothruin!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

How-To Videos
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Import Images
Adobe Photoshop Lightroom - How to Use Adobe Lightroom
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Using Autoflow for Automatic Documents
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Pre-Linking and Adjusting Text Frame Options
Adobe InDesign CS2 - Setting up Text Links Across Multiple Frames
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Gluten Free Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Coffee, the nectar of life!
@Home This Weekend: Expecto Patronum Night Light!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...

Powered by MySQL Powered by PHP Powered by SMF 1.1.11 | SMF © 2006-2009, Simple Machines LLC
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal
Valid XHTML 1.0! Valid CSS!

Copyright ©2003-2016, Craftster.org an Internet Brands company.