A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 299,133
Currently Running With Scissors:
657 Guests and 16 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 104
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knifty Knitters!  (Read 179986 times)
Tags for this thread: knitting_loom  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Livvie
« Reply #950 on: February 10, 2010 04:43:38 PM »

I just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone on this thread. I actually read through all 95 pages and there is a ton of really great information here.

I've been using the Knifty Knitter circle and long looms for about five months now and I'm totally in love with them. I tried taking a ton of knitting classes and just could not pick it up for the life of me. Looming knitting lets me still knit without getting constantly frustrated and upset.

I've done some hats, different styles of scarves, cellphone cases. And with all the new patterns and info linked on this thread, I'm excited to do even more.

So again, thanks so much!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jatoha
« Reply #951 on: February 10, 2010 04:57:13 PM »

I just wanted to say thanks so much to everyone on this thread. I actually read through all 95 pages and there is a ton of really great information here.

I've been using the Knifty Knitter circle and long looms for about five months now and I'm totally in love with them. I tried taking a ton of knitting classes and just could not pick it up for the life of me. Looming knitting lets me still knit without getting constantly frustrated and upset.

I've done some hats, different styles of scarves, cellphone cases. And with all the new patterns and info linked on this thread, I'm excited to do even more.

So again, thanks so much!

That's so great, Livvie!! 

I was the same way, loom knitting made it possible for me to create so many things.  I was completely baffled by crochet and knitting.

However, after being so successful with the knifty knitters, I went on to try crochet and now I'm an avid crocheter.  So I'll warn you, loom knitting can be a gateway craft to other yarn skills!!  Grin

BTW, for everyone:  I saw Isela Phelps book on discount at Hamilton Books, check it out!! http://www.hamiltonbook.com/hamiltonbook.filereader?4b7340a6000334ff271dd8b1903b0686+EN/products/7475209
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Livvie
« Reply #952 on: February 11, 2010 01:18:17 PM »

That's so great, Livvie!! 

I was the same way, loom knitting made it possible for me to create so many things.  I was completely baffled by crochet and knitting.

However, after being so successful with the knifty knitters, I went on to try crochet and now I'm an avid crocheter.  So I'll warn you, loom knitting can be a gateway craft to other yarn skills!!  Grin

I actually took a class with the knifty knitter and that is how I got into it. While I was in the class, the teacher said I should try crochet, that I might be more suited to it than knitting.

Luckily for me, I have a friend who crochets and has promised to teach me. That barring, I think for sure I will take a class this summer.

It's all about finding what works for you. Hobbies are fun. If they weren't, they would be called work. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trac2lynn
« Reply #953 on: June 01, 2010 09:29:26 AM »

Hi everyone I was wondering dies anyone have a pattern for a headband? Or could you give me an idea on how I would it? Thanks!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #954 on: June 01, 2010 12:27:27 PM »

Hi everyone I was wondering dies anyone have a pattern for a headband? Or could you give me an idea on how I would it? Thanks!!
I know I've seen one but in my googling I can't seem to find it. Basically I would knit back and forth the width you want the headband to be and then keep going till it's the length that will wrap around your head. Add a button and a loop or stitch the two ends together.

You can play with knitting, purling or ribbing, or a seed stitch by alternating between the two throughout the whole thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trac2lynn
« Reply #955 on: June 01, 2010 12:30:56 PM »

Thank you!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #956 on: June 01, 2010 01:15:32 PM »

Thank you!!!
No problem!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #957 on: June 01, 2010 01:25:04 PM »

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51877.msg2146882#msg2146882

Did you guys know you can use the search and just search this topic to see if the question has already been asked? Wink

I put in the link to the discussion we had earlier on headbands made with a loom--maybe you can use it?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #958 on: June 01, 2010 01:53:15 PM »

You know what else would be great? A knitting loom board. ^_-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #959 on: June 02, 2010 05:31:16 AM »

You know what else would be great? A knitting loom board. ^_-
Seconded! Smiley
I love my other looms, too, like these:
http://www.knittingboard.com/
They are similar in a way to the long KK looms, but have an adjustable gauge and you only use them for double knit, so the patterns for them are different.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 94 95 [96] 97 98 ... 104 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Style Your Hair for a Heart-Shaped Face
Get a Great Hairstyle For an Oval-Shaped Face With Straight Hair
Get the Best Haircut and Style for a Square-Shaped Face
Get a Great Hairstyle For an Oval-Shaped Face With Curly Hair
How to Avoid Bad Hair Extensions
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hostess Gift
Handmade Gift Ideas: Mini Book Jewelry
Handmade Gift Ideas: Bunny Travel Pillow

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...