A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 302,383
Currently Running With Scissors:
622 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 104
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knifty Knitters!  (Read 191074 times)
Tags for this thread: knitting_loom  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

motleycruiser
Anitsocial Butterfly

View Profile WWW
« Reply #210 on: January 26, 2007 05:30:07 PM »

anyone here done any felting?

I've got a skein of wool yarn, but no idea what I want to make with it. I want to felt what ever I made, I think. LOL

it's like 220 yds.

I felted my pantas.

If you use one strand with your project it comes out pretty dense after 1 run thru the wash (I was using patons classic wool which is 100%)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bruisinraincloud
☺B U L L Y☺

bully

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #211 on: January 29, 2007 08:05:32 PM »

I love the KK. I have a rectangle one (the purple one) but it is giving me fits!

Thankfullly the round ones are wonderful!

Ive made hats, & I love it!

I would love to learn how to knit by hand *I even purchased the knitting needles, but havent learned yet!*

so thankful to have found this place
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nothing tastes as good as being fit feels! Did you workout today???
butterflymary
The Dominatrix of Craft

I Bitch, Therefore I Stitch

View Profile WWW
« Reply #212 on: January 31, 2007 11:01:22 PM »

My daughter has one. I bought her the three ring set. I'm thinking of making a skirt for myself, it's a fun toy.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now get craftin'!
bruisinraincloud
☺B U L L Y☺

bully

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #213 on: February 08, 2007 11:29:31 AM »

I have recently started using a knifty knitter, and was wondering if anyone else uses a loom?

I started using this because I can not seem to teach myself how to do it 'the old fashioned way'...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nothing tastes as good as being fit feels! Did you workout today???
jax3303
« Reply #214 on: February 08, 2007 12:17:12 PM »

do a search of the board for knifty knitter or loom knitting, you'll get tons of results.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarush
« Reply #215 on: February 09, 2007 07:56:04 PM »

a loom is all i know how to use!

i have only made scarfs and hats. i bought a special loom (non knifty brand) for making mittens but they turned out crazy bad.

i have the four pack set for the round looms from knifty and then i also bought the long rectangle one. that is what i use to make scarfs.

i've attempted to make a drawstring bag with the kiddy size hat (the blue round one i think), it is supposed to be a gift for a friend, but i'm not sure how i can close it or attach ribbon/string for the drawstring, or if i want a liner in it. i just thought to search for knifty knitter forums tonight and i see lots of other projects people are doing so i may start to try those.

wow...sorry to write you a novel. but good luck with the knifty knitting. i love how perfect the end results are and best of all, i understand how to do it! i don't know if i could knit for real; i've never tried or had anyone try to show me.

*stephanie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

[ craft log ] [ wists ]

my job is sending me to training in the dc area from october to march. great for the career and social life but bad for the crafting.
jloveg
Tutorial Contributor

GOD LOVES YOU AND SO DO I!!!

need me email me! jat42171@yahoo.com

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #216 on: February 09, 2007 08:11:43 PM »

there  are  several  on here that  have  posted  from loom knitting  I know  I have.. do a  quick  search  it  will  pulll up  lots!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

looking for instant coffee from australia or russia made with mustard and champagne.  VIOLET CRUMBLES and VEGEMITE would be welcome swap items!!
mavans
« Reply #217 on: February 10, 2007 07:46:28 AM »

Loom knitter here, who can't needle knit. LOL

On the drawstring purse, you should be able to put a drawstring through the finished edge (the beginning). Then gather like a hat at the other end to close it up.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Martha
wifeofbath

Tiber Swim Team

View Profile WWW
« Reply #218 on: February 12, 2007 07:35:20 PM »

Speaking of drawstring bags on the little blue KK loom, I recently got around to trying an idea I had last summer and made a dice bag with a woven bottom. The idea worked, but it took a long time to make the bottom and it didn't look quite as good as I'd hoped; in retrospect, I should have saved the time and just made the dice bag like an inverted baby hat. I just mention it as a variant form of bag in case anyone is interested.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"An old cloak makes a new jerkin..." (Wm Shakespeare, recycling and DIY enthusiast)
Zeute
« Reply #219 on: February 17, 2007 05:56:03 PM »

Smiley Would you believe I just read all 22 pages!  Shocked

I just recently purchased KK and have taken my first project apart 3x. The first and second times it was just too loose; the third time I had it wrapped too tight and I couldn't pull the loops over the pegs. Getting ready to try it again.

I came across this site trying to find instructions on how to change colors. (and tips on even stitches!) I'm making a scarf for my sister using two different skeins in two different shades of blue. I want to do stripes on each end and am knitting the middle using one strand for each skein.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 104 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
5 Minute Makeup Tutorial
An Easy Way to Apply Eyeliner
How to Get Gorgeous With Charlotte Tilbury
VF COLLECTIONS: Angel Sanchez Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
VF COLLECTIONS: Jenny Packham Spring/Summer 2015 - NYFW
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Kitchen Dishtowels with Fabric Accents
Tomato/Tomahto
Meatless Monday: Veggie Bolognese Sauce

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...