A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 302,549
Currently Running With Scissors:
731 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 104
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knifty Knitters!  (Read 173511 times)
Tags for this thread: knitting_loom  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

LimeRiot
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator
Miscellaneous Topics Moderator

Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Sublime

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #930 on: June 17, 2009 09:57:58 AM »

I just got one for my Mom who has always wanted to knit but has trouble with her hands - holding the two needles was difficult for her.

She's doing great with the knifty knitter though! Project ideas are limited but she likes keeping her hands busy while she watches TV. It's perfect for her.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Pinterest!
My Blog!

Craftster has gone mobile!!  Read the news here.
Jatoha
« Reply #931 on: June 24, 2009 06:49:06 AM »

I just got one for my Mom who has always wanted to knit but has trouble with her hands - holding the two needles was difficult for her.

She's doing great with the knifty knitter though! Project ideas are limited but she likes keeping her hands busy while she watches TV. It's perfect for her.

If you search, you'll be surprised how many projects are possible with the knifty knitter.  Check out Purling Sprite's website as a starting point!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cfbandit

Rock on with your bad self, Penny!

« Reply #932 on: June 28, 2009 03:20:16 PM »

Hi all! I haven't been active in this thread for awhile but I wanted to say that while I haven't made anything with my looms in awhile, but I have been teaching a ton of new students at the knitting guild I belong to!

Hobby Lobby adding some of the newer nice looms seems to have added some interest to the field. I see a lot of new people on the Yahoo groups as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Blog: http://craftingyoohooville.blogspot.com
My Wist: http://www.wists.com/cfbandit

Ravelry: cfbandit

Member of the Al-ette Fan Club
Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #933 on: June 28, 2009 07:09:37 PM »

I haven't finished my hat. I think it's still sitting. I got way to frustrated with the directions for the cables. I just can't keep track of them at all. I think I may rip it out and try my own pattern with perhaps one cable pair running up one side of the hat and the k2p2 rib I like on the band.
I thought the pattern book I bought would have the cables from the hat pattern in it but it didn't have anything similar. So That was very tiring. anywho I've pretty much turned all my yahoo groups off because they were SOOO busy I was getting flooded in my e-mail! It's exciting to see so many people loom knitting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ladysarahjane
« Reply #934 on: July 22, 2009 08:37:51 PM »

I have a question on finishing a flat panel.  No matter what method I use (crochet removal or "flat panel" removal - similar to the way you finishing knitting a piece with needles) its always too tight.  The bottom part, my starting row is nice and stretching but no matter how loose I knit the last row, its always too tight.

Any suggestions?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fantasticmio
Tutorial Contributor

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Yarn Hacker

Smells like chicken!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #935 on: July 23, 2009 04:04:35 AM »

There is a loose bind off where you use a yarn needle.  I've only ever done it on a tube, but I don't see why it wouldn't work for a flat pannel...

Basically, with the piece still on the loom, use the needle to pull the yarn up through the loop two pegs away, then down through the yarn on the previous peg, and repeat until you get to the end.  Tie it off and lift the piece off of the loom.

I'm not sure if this will display properly, but here's a bit of a diagram:

Follow the arrows in the order of the numbers.

2  4
\/ \/
|  |  |  |  |  |  |  <-pegs
   ^ ^
   1  3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

« Reply #936 on: July 23, 2009 10:33:53 AM »

I also find if the method fantsticmio mentioned doesn't work I use a large crochet hook (about size j) and will crochet off but add a chain of 1-2 between the rows of knitting. That seems to work and isn't too noticable.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
schultzie
« Reply #937 on: October 17, 2009 03:39:28 PM »

I love my knifty knitter when it comes to hats and scarves!!!!!!
They have turned out beautiful! and I have taught my coworkers to use it and they are having a blast. Now I want to learn how to do fancier stitches on it. Just need to time to take a class...if I can find one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mieljolie
« Reply #938 on: October 17, 2009 06:00:07 PM »

...Now I want to learn how to do fancier stitches on it. Just need to time to take a class...if I can find one.

You might try joining one of the looming classes in yahoo groups, like this one.  They sometimes have classes to learn new stitches and techniques.  The last interesting project I remember was looming beads and wire.

On another topic, I just finished my HP Unity Scarf on my DIY pickup stick loom/board.  The craftster post is here and my blog post is here.  Can't wait to see my mom wearing it!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

minowisbitt8lo
I'm your thing in a jar...all illuminated

valerian dreamer

View Profile WWW
« Reply #939 on: December 09, 2009 01:21:14 PM »

made my own  Grin

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=330489.new#new
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"see, if we all thought the same way, we'd all have the same ideas.  it's a good thing to be different.  but minowis...what ARE you doing with that?"

CHOWI!!  I'm swapping again!
Dotees Round 9
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 92 93 [94] 95 96 ... 104 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Red Deer Photographs
How to Photograph a Red Deer
Red Squirrel Photographs
Photographing a Red Squirrel
Tools of the Trade
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...