A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,095
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 104
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Knifty Knitters!  (Read 170195 times)
Tags for this thread: knitting_loom  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Eliea
Tutorial Contributor

Proverbs 31:13 "She seeketh wool, and flax, and worketh willingly with her hands."

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1000 on: December 24, 2010 10:16:27 AM »

MareMare that's an awesome list! Great to see so many resources in one place!

Lots of them were from you! I meant to pm ya and see what else you knew of that I could add to the list Grin
lol I love using google. maybe a bit to much. I can go through my bookmarks and see if there's anything else in there!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
trac2lynn
« Reply #1001 on: December 28, 2010 08:52:16 AM »

hi everyone, I want to make a cowl using the yellow loom. Does anyone have a pattern or suggestions on what stitch to use?

Thanks,
Tracie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Life is Moving Along Splendidly

Make all things!!

« Reply #1002 on: December 28, 2010 02:20:53 PM »

http://www.lionbrand.com/patterns/60438.html?r=1

This is a really easy cowl pattern but it requires that you register with Lion Brand for the free pattern. Just enter a user name and password, basically...they have other patterns for free as well here:

http://springyknitting.com/_wsn/page2.html
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Mega Crafter
Mega Man Maniac

View Profile
« Reply #1003 on: December 28, 2010 10:15:00 PM »

I've spent a bit of free time over the last few days reading this entire thread from start to finish (yep, all 101 pages), and I wanted to say thanks for all of the incredibly useful posts, links, and hints that are contained herein. (Also, hello! I usually sew and hang out over in the "Toys, Dolls, and Playthings" section. Tongue)

I can't figure out needle-knitting at all (I've tried, but it was disastrous!), and accordingly I was given a set of round looms for Christmas (along with Isela Phelps' book, "A Beginner's Guide to Knitting on a Loom", and a big bag containing a large amount of yarn), and I'm going to get started tomorrow. My first project is going to be a small carrying-bag for a Kindle which will be a gift, but after that I have several plans for making plushies with the looms, which I can see being a lot of fun. I will be sure to post those here at some point. Smiley

Thanks again for all of the information and advice in this thread!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010 10:17:18 PM by Mega Crafter » THIS ROCKS   Logged
LaughingLark
« Reply #1004 on: December 31, 2010 02:30:53 PM »

I made the cowl from Lion Brand Yarn's site. It was really fun and fast. I ended up not putting the pom-poms on it, though I might on the next one I make. I found it helpful to baste a line with waste yarn to mark where I should sew the turned top edge down. I did this before trying to take it off the loom.

I don't do a great job of taking pictures of myself, so my four year old son let me take a few shots of him in the cowl. This is the best of the lot. This yarn is blue and teal and chestnut brown. It does not photograph well. It's Lion Brand Homespun in the colorway Lagoon. I think I might have enough left in the skein for a hat. Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged

lapoli

Catching the Undead Since 2011!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1005 on: December 31, 2010 02:51:22 PM »

Pretty! And one project down for the year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1006 on: January 01, 2011 08:03:57 AM »

I printed off that pattern for 2011!  Glad you tried it out...it looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #1007 on: January 02, 2011 07:33:56 PM »

Alwayinmyroom, it was fun to do. I just cast on another one. This time, I will be more careful to not do the first few rows as tight. I didn't want pom poms on the blue one, but if I did, I would have had trouble flattening out the bottom of the cowl because I wrapped my pegs tighter than I should have. It rolled up, and I just let it stay that way.

I wore the blue one out in the cold yesterday, and it was better than a scarf at keeping me warm. One thing I really liked was being able to keep the lower part of my face warm without having the steam from my breath fogging up my glasses. When I keep a scarf over my face, my glasses fog up immediately. I'm nearsighted, so that's not a good thing. The cowl works by acting as a wind-block, but it's far away enough from my face to let my breath out. Every one of my coats will have a coordinating cowl asap.

I saw that you were going to make it. I found it on Lion Brand's Site, and had been meaning to try it. I finally printed it off when I saw your link. It's wonderful evening project.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alwaysinmyroom
Craftalongs Moderator

Make all things!!

« Reply #1008 on: January 02, 2011 07:37:23 PM »

I cast on mine as well--it is a bright red wool...and I do want the pompoms because I got a pompom maker for Christmas! Cheesy

My coat is black so it will be nice...thanks for your tips...I can't wait to sit back and get it done!  I thought the Lion Brand one was the best one I could find...I keep hunting patterns even though I am not suppose to be buying yarn, right? Cheesy (ie Destashing again in 2011!)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

LaughingLark
« Reply #1009 on: January 02, 2011 08:00:23 PM »

I just saw this one, which would not be as good for keeping cold off the face, but looks easy and fun to make as an accessory. If you've ever made a hat with a brim on the KK, this is just a giant brim.  Smiley
http://candjmoore.blogspot.com/2010/11/infinity-scarf-follow-up.html

I think you would have to be careful to use a drapey yarn. If not the Lion brand homespun, something with a soft hand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 99 100 [101] 102 103 104 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Sing You Home Book Trailer
How to Woo a Reluctant Lady Book Trailer
Ruth Davis Konigsberg Talks About The Truth About Grief
Ruth Davis Konigsberg Talks About The Five Stages of Grief
Rebecca Burns Talks About Burial for a King
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...