A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 297,177
Currently Running With Scissors:
632 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: eyebrows?  (Read 1831 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

elephantcrazy
« on: September 04, 2005 09:05:30 PM »

ok well this weekend I was trying to pluck my eyebrows but it hurt a lot so I started using this perfect touch or w/e its called. its the thing w/ a razor type shaver for eyebrows etc. well I kinda lost half of my left eyebrow using it. anybody know how I can hide my screw up?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Flareon
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2005 09:32:49 PM »

Ooh.  Sorry about your loss.   

Well to start, eyebrows should not be messed without proper knowhow.  And I have to say plucking is really the easiest way (unless you want to go to a professional) to prevent mistakes.  The pain is worst the first time, after which hairs come out readily and with minimal pain.  Also, try taking a hot shower right before you pluck, it will loosen the follicles.  And pull your skin taut; the sting worsens when your skin is loose.   

Anyway, for now you can try to "re-draw" the eyebrow but that will be tricky.  Get an eye brow pencil in the color as close to the shade of your brow and sharpen into a point.  Then ever-so-lightly draw in the clank space in tiny strokes.  Don't press, you'll want to barely graze the skin to leave a mark. 

Consider trimming your other brow slightly (be careful!).  Most will barely notice if your browS are shaped a little funny, but they will really notice if they don't match.  Fortunately, eyebrows grow back pretty fast.  When they are in the bristly fumky stage, you can dip a toothbrush or a brow comb in some gel and smooth your hairs so they lie flat. 

I hope this helps.  Good luck. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sacrdplce

Roadrunner ... the coyote's after you ...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005 09:52:41 PM »

Great ideas Flareon! I just wanted to add that some makeup counterpersons (in department stores) will do your makeup for free--and they can help you get a good match on an eyebrow pencil color. Downside to that is the cost of the product is usually double that of drugstore makeup. On the other hand some drugstores will refund your purchase when you donn't get the color you wanted.

You may want to talk to someone who waxes eyebrows for a living. I'm sure they've seen similar snafus before. And heck, they are the professionals here.

Oh, and you're not the only person to ever have a beauty disaster. I let my best friend cut my hair in high school. Bad idea. All I could do was laugh, and cry. It took months to grow out. The weird thing is I got lots of compliments from the adults around me--not a good thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness.           Gilda Radner
Flareon
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2005 10:08:06 PM »

Thanks. Smiley  BTW, I LOVE The Little Prince!  It's such a gem of a book. 

Elephantcrazy, I just wanted to add that you can also do a Jessica Rabbit (read: hair draped over one eye) if all else fails.  Who knows, maybe it'll become popular again. 

THIS ROCKS   Logged
elephantcrazy
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2005 10:08:44 PM »

lol thanks. I have tried 'drawing' my eyebrow back but it doesn't seem to stay. but w/e
THIS ROCKS   Logged
elephantcrazy
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2005 10:13:15 PM »

yeah I tried doing the 'jessica rabbit' (I didn't know it had a name Tongue) but I usually put my hair in a pony-tail w/o realizing it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Abandoned
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2005 10:19:59 PM »

Oh man, eyebrow problems!!!!! haha.. I know alllll about this. Like early last year, I tried to pluck. I LOVE the feeling. Well, I ended up plucking them all off, I was bald there lol. I cant draw em on at all and I hate that idea/look as well. Every single time a few eyebrows will pop up.. I plucked em. I was addicted to it for so long. Recently, I finally stopped plucking.. I now have the first layer of eyebrows back ( they are still fairly light and full ). So yayyyyy I finally have eyebrows.. not just a few dorky pieces of hairs. It took about 3 months to get where I am now. Only advice I can give is to just put the razor thing, tweezers, and so forth away. Drawing them on looks stupid to me and I hate it. Just hang in there and they will be back.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sacrdplce

Roadrunner ... the coyote's after you ...

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005 07:41:41 AM »

BTW, I LOVE The Little Prince!  It's such a gem of a book. 

Flareon- Nicely put. Plus, it has pictures!

elephantcrazy- Hang in there! Consider, in the grand scheme, what's a few months growing out half an eyebrow?

Abandoned- Congrats on beating the addiction! I've never been able to quit my 24-year knuckle popping addiction (I know, yuck). Bad habits are hard to break.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness.           Gilda Radner
elephantcrazy
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005 03:19:50 PM »

alright, thanks for the advice and all that.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
viciouskittie
one crafty bitch

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2005 06:01:51 PM »

i love eyebrow waxing!! its cheap and they always look great! thinking about it, im starting to look like i have a catapillar running across my face..i think im getting my done tomorrow..
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hi my names kate, and im a craft addict..

www.wists.com/veganedgekate
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Ultimate Guide To A Perfectly Curly Hairstyle
Top Products for Oily Skin
How to Get Candy Cane Nails
3 Spices That Speed Up Your Metabolism
Dazzle Her with Diamonds This Holiday
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: DIY Drum Light
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...