A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, it's easier for people to discover it if you choose a great title for your thread.
Total Members: 297,503
Currently Running With Scissors:
590 Guests and 20 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Ugly Old Lamp Revamped with Pin Up Girls  (Read 5279 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

princess nell
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005 10:30:10 AM »

Princess Nell, please post some pictures when you're finished, I'd love to see how you table turns out! Smiley
Working on it right now- Can I just say that I am now SICK of looking at pin-ups? I also bought some crafty scissors to give the picture edges an old-timey feel, which looks great. But maybe scissors from the local drugstore aren't the best for massive cutting projects.  Cheesy
Everything is sanded, primed and painted; I start pasting tomorrow! I've also been thinking about embroidering some pin up napkins to go with the table, maybe dinnerware.....maybe I should finish one project before starting another! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pinkcurtains
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005 10:30:43 AM »

that looks great!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Whiskey
Crafts fueled by Whiskey

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005 11:17:42 AM »

That is awesome...what are you going to do for a lamp shade?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

princess nell
« Reply #13 on: September 17, 2005 05:40:04 PM »

I just finished tonight- sorry about the dark pic, but I couldn't wait to post!.

You can't really tell, but the legs are now "chrome", not brown. And the glue isn't completely dry yet, which you  can see in the bottom pic. I'm pretty tickled!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
katiekat82

Here, kitty, kitty, kitty...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: September 19, 2005 03:09:09 PM »

That is so exciting! Thanks for showing the pictures. Smiley I have a table that same size and I think we need it to match the lamp...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dolly Parton is my spiritual leader, and Clint Eastwood is my sewing buddy.
Whtsmypaswrd
« Reply #15 on: September 19, 2005 03:14:03 PM »

How did you all do the edges since they have a bend to them? Is there a trick I missed?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Life is a remembrance of the inert that's taken to dancing. Everything is all the same.

Michael McClure
princess nell
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2005 07:41:33 PM »

How did you all do the edges since they have a bend to them? Is there a trick I missed?
No trick. For mine, the pictures overlapped the edges when I glued them on. I then ran an exacto around the table edges after they'd dried a little; they cut off nicely!

Here's a picture from just before I cut the edges off.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005 05:39:54 PM by princess nell » THIS ROCKS   Logged
modpodge
« Reply #17 on: September 22, 2005 07:51:55 AM »

I just finished tonight- sorry about the dark pic, but I couldn't wait to post!.

You can't really tell, but the legs are now "chrome", not brown. And the glue isn't completely dry yet, which you  can see in the bottom pic. I'm pretty tickled!

That is, by far, one of the best tables I have ever seen!! AMAZING JOB!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Pedeka

I love being a girl.

View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 22, 2005 07:58:33 AM »

I love these. Can I ask a REALLY silly question? I love doing decoupage, but I spend hours going tthrough garage sale books and old magazines and cataolgs and cutting out pictures with an exacto knife. I've used pictures that I print from the computer rarely, but maybe I just have a lousy printer, the pictures don't seem to have the "pop" when they come from the printer. Was that an issue in doing these larger projects?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
princess nell
« Reply #19 on: September 22, 2005 08:40:30 AM »

Not silly at all.
I printed from an HP Color LaserJet 3550N, which means nothing to me, but my bf (a computer guy) tells me that it's a really good printer.
If I were doing this without access to the printer at work, I would probably copy pictures from the net, burn them to cd, then take them to Kinkos or some other copy place and ask to have them printed.
Though, if one were to look at my printouts closely, they could still tell that they're from the computer.
If I'd had magazines, I would've used those. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Get Volume in Your Hair for Christmas
Messy Braids Hairstyle: Backstage at Nicole Miller Spring 2014 Show
How to Do Retro Rockabilly Hair
How to Use Dry Shampoo
How to Do Bright Ombre Tips
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month
September 19th - Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...