A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Craftster is for freely sharing how to make things! Don't post pics of things you sell in hopes of getting some sales or we'll have to bust out the LIMBO stick on you! Wink
Total Members: 307,596
Currently Running With Scissors:
546 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Scarf  (Read 2106 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

mangosplash
« on: September 04, 2005 04:24:27 PM »

Thought I'd start a thread to keep track of any scarves that I work on.  If you have a scarf, add it here!  With winter quickly approaching, I bet that more people will start knitting these to stay warm! (At least up here in Canada, anyways! hehe!)  So come on - let's see how many pictures of scarves we can add!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What have you done today to make you feel proud?" - Heather Small
kimski
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2005 07:42:21 AM »

Oh Yay!!!!!!!!

I really like the colours. Green is so soothing, and combined with white, so bold.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
chasingthenuns
« Reply #2 on: September 07, 2005 11:40:43 AM »

A thread I can add something to.  How exciting! 

I love your scarf.  You did a really great job.

I'm afraid if I put the images on here they will be huge and I'm not sure how to size them down, so I'm just going to put links.

scarf 1 (this was the second scarf I ever made): http://www.wiu.edu/users/musjk1/scarf.jpg

scarf 2 (for a friends bday):  http://www.wiu.edu/users/musjk1/bdayscarf.jpg

scarf 3 (somebody offered to pay me for this one): http://www.wiu.edu/users/musjk1/mandiscarf.jpg
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emily
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005 04:14:41 PM »

I love threads with lots of pictures!

« Last Edit: March 22, 2010 02:51:32 PM by jungrrl - Reason: tried to fix pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emily
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005 04:19:09 PM »

Here's one I did for my sister, I also made a matching collar for her rottweiler, I was afraid she'd hate me for it but she loved it so much both her cats also ended up with matching neckwear!
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010 02:53:00 PM by jungrrl - Reason: tried to fix pictures » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mangosplash
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005 06:19:18 PM »

Great pics so far everyone!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"What have you done today to make you feel proud?" - Heather Small
tinytallgirl
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005 10:53:10 PM »

My roundabout scarf:

close-up
THIS ROCKS   Logged

What the deuce?
Puppina
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2005 02:02:09 AM »

OMG I love this so much! It looks like that twiddly pasta!

Damn, I wish I knew how to knit...
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010 02:54:58 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged
knittingal

The Phantom of the Opera is there...*ooh, where?*

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2005 03:18:47 AM »

OMG I love this so much! It looks like that twiddly pasta!

Damn, I wish I knew how to knit...
that's exactly what i thought...about the pasta at least! that is very cool- how did ya do it???
i have a couple of scarves to post (i've never posted piccies b4 *yikes* any help appreciated, I'm currently working on a stripy scarf *yay for stripes* and some matching fingerless mitts)
« Last Edit: March 22, 2010 02:59:28 PM by jungrrl - Reason: please remove img tags when quoting » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Knit, knit, knit, knit, knit, knit,
knit a lil scarf for me!
Cheesy
Emily
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2005 08:54:52 AM »

Grin  I think everyone has the same thought...I refer to that scarf as 'the noodle'.  I got the pattern from Scarf Style but it also appears in Loop-d-loop.  It's done with short rows...and it took forever, all the back and forth of little tiny rows!  yikes! 

There's another way to get a similiar effect, cast on lengthwise, then knit a row, then knit a row increasing every stitch, then knit a row, then knit a row increasing every stitch...

I'm working on a scarf in this method now, I'll post a pic when it's done, it's a pain in the ass though...by the time I'm finished I think I'll have to bind off a couple thousand stitches.  I've been working on one increase row for what seems like an eternity, in reality it's probably a couple hours...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Christmas Tree Hat for a Cat
Handmade Holiday Gift Guide 2016: Hot/Cold Rice Packs
Tute Tuesday: Tea Wallet

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...