A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 298,068
Currently Running With Scissors:
426 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ugly yellow shirt needs help!  (Read 953 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Jenna_Kenji
« on: September 04, 2005 04:16:04 PM »

Ok, so I've had this for quite a while but i just cant throw it away because i feel something amazing can come out of it....but my brain just draws blanks!!! ARG!  anyone have any ideas?  I need to resize it, and the sleeves are too short for me...I would loooove to keep the collar, and the buttons could go to make it show more chest, it kinda makes me look tomboyish since it doesnt go as low as it should.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Talk to me, dance with me....
Jenna_Kenji
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2005 07:54:54 AM »

please? anyone have ideas??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sacrdplce

Roadrunner ... the coyote's after you ...

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2005 09:01:46 AM »

Maybe you can take off the sleeves altogether? Then, it would be good for layering when it gets cooler. What about a sun applique on one side, or a light bulb, or a zombie (with "damn happy zombie" stitched above it)?

I was drawn to your post because I wore a shirt almost exactly like this for my first job--except the sleeves were short. I sold snow cones--actually "gormet" shaved ice. Yeah, gourmet was spelled wrong on the shirts. Almost nobody noticed that though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness.           Gilda Radner
modpodge
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2005 09:03:48 AM »

You could chop off the sleeves near the top, make it a short sleeve collar shirt, then stitch or stencil your own little logo on it. Like those vintage polo shirts with the alligators on them...a little deer would be cute.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jenna_Kenji
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2005 10:06:08 AM »

I was thinking princess sleeves?  but how can i do it? any tuts around?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

waterpolocathy
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2005 10:13:53 AM »

you could make it into a shrug/bolero...there's a post with a great tute somewhere. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Jenna_Kenji
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2005 12:39:24 PM »

I cut the sleeves and resized it....but it still looks boring =/
THIS ROCKS   Logged

littlebiddle
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2005 01:24:39 PM »

since you didn't say how you cut the sleeves, i'm not sure what you have let to work with. 

i was thinking either sleeveless, or short sleeves.  then maybe taking the left over sleeve fabric to make it tie in the back. 

and then maybe a little embroidery or stenciling either on the upper chest or maybe a bordery thing around the whole bottom.  does that make any sense!
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005 01:28:08 PM by littlebiddle » THIS ROCKS   Logged
mireneh

working like a dog?!?!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2005 01:54:34 PM »

you could add some ribbon or similar trim around the collar.  Or, make a ribbon tie instead of button front.  just some thoughts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Support your local animal shelters and be a responsible pet owner by spaying or neutering your pet.

Chronic Fatigue Syndrome is waaaay more than being tired - imagine having the flu every day, quadruple that, and that's me on a good day!  No, I did not stay up too late last night either.....
sacrdplce

Roadrunner ... the coyote's after you ...

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2005 04:43:42 PM »

...stitch or stencil your own little logo on it. Like those vintage polo shirts with the alligators on them...a little deer would be cute.

I love the little deer!

...maybe a little embroidery or stenciling either on the upper chest or maybe a bordery thing around the whole bottom...

This is a good one too. Little stencils done with fabric paint could be really cute. I'd go with navy blue or cranberrry for your paint color. Remember, this is for a "little" group of stencils.

The other thought I had was little cranberry tulips on each side of the collar-either embroidered or stenciled.

Waiting to see how this one turns out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

While we have the gift of life, it seems to me that the only tragedy is to allow part of us to die - whether it is our spirit, our creativity, or our glorious uniqueness.           Gilda Radner
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Real-Time Fashion: Graphic Arts
Real-Time Fashion: Menswear
Real-Time Fashion: Knitting Factory
What Key Pieces Should I Invest In?
Real-Time Fashion: Emerald City
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Scrabble Afghan
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...