A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,030
Currently Running With Scissors:
637 Guests and 24 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Crocheted Flower Earrings from Embroidery Floss  (Read 8868 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ctgirl
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2005 06:51:11 PM »

I thought these earrings were super cute, that I had to try them myself.  And since I too am trying to use up my massive amount of raft supplies, I thought this would be a great project for me.  (though I must confess I had to by the earring loops)

Here's my first pair of earrings.  I looked for the varigated floss, but couldn't find it anywhere.  I thought they made really cool earrings.  I thought the earrings turned out cute, but I almost never wear earrings so I thought they looked kinda goofy on me (and my brother said it looked like I was wearing snowflakes on my ears.)

But they inspired me to make this necklace which I really like.  I wanted it to look like a sun....it might have been better in multicolor, but I think it is pretty cool.  The only problem that it is really light, so it doesn't stay flat very well.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
zitrone21

Ooh, I'm so blurry . . .

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2005 06:40:24 AM »

Here's my first pair of earrings.  I looked for the varigated floss, but couldn't find it anywhere.  I thought they made really cool earrings.  I thought the earrings turned out cute, but I almost never wear earrings so I thought they looked kinda goofy on me (and my brother said it looked like I was wearing snowflakes on my ears.)

But they inspired me to make this necklace which I really like.  I wanted it to look like a sun....it might have been better in multicolor, but I think it is pretty cool.  The only problem that it is really light, so it doesn't stay flat very well.

What do brothers know about earrings, anyway?  I really like your pendant, too.  Though I have no suggestions for making it lay flat--maybe glue a penny to the back to give it a little more weight (or a button).

Inspired by zitrone21
I could not make ones like yours yet but came up with these after many trys and crossed eyed Im pretty happy with these first ones.

Good job.  I like how those came out.

i think they are beautiful! i wish i could make some...
These crocheted flowers are one of the few hand made jewelry items that I've ever seen that I actally want to wear. I now have to learn to crochet, there goes my next pay check.

You could always just buy them  Kiss      www.aske.etsy.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justwantacraft
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2005 07:57:25 AM »

TaDa

I love the neckless too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zitrone21

Ooh, I'm so blurry . . .

View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 12, 2005 11:13:54 AM »

I've started a little crochet movement here . . .
THIS ROCKS   Logged
amy_ng
« Reply #34 on: September 13, 2005 02:28:21 AM »

Looks good, was wondering if some fabric stiffener will make it look sturdier and won't flap so much in the wind..

THIS ROCKS   Logged
justwantacraft
« Reply #35 on: September 17, 2005 12:20:47 PM »

Check out these they are reallly cute, going to make some for my daughter as she is musician.
http://www.freepatterns.com/fp_pdfs/Other/Crochet/Musical_Ear_Wire_Set.pdf
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justwantacraft
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2005 09:57:30 AM »

First like to Thank  zitrone21 for getting me started and now have gift for daughter pattern above post with photo but you have to scroll down to see pattern k. Here are my earring notes.

Then I also have MrSun tryed to write a pattern for it here:
For Mr Sun earrings I did this:
Chain 5 join w/slip stitch to form a loop and then 10 half double crochet inside loop, join w/slip stitch.
Then slip stitch in next sc and chain 4 then slip stitch back down next 3 and back into first slip stitch.
Then on to the next sc do the same all around fasten off.

And then I made these pink ones forgot how though just winged em.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zitrone21

Ooh, I'm so blurry . . .

View Profile
« Reply #37 on: September 19, 2005 07:21:53 AM »

justwantacraft--All your earrings came out great.  I especially like the Mr Sun ones  (and the name, too--I tend to call everything "Mr" something: Mr Puppy, Mr Novel, etc.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged
justwantacraft
« Reply #38 on: November 10, 2005 05:59:34 PM »

I sometimes get request for the red flower earring pattern so I will put the link here I used a tiny steel hook and embroidery floss
http://www.hgtv.com/hgtv/cr_needlework_crochet/article/0,,HGTV_3260_3298661,00.html

and heres another link other flower patterns
http://home.inreach.com/marthac/flower.html

THIS ROCKS   Logged
sporkx71

Like anything I made? http://sporkx71.etsy.com

View Profile WWW
« Reply #39 on: November 13, 2005 12:33:05 PM »

i love these earrings!!! they are so cute! i wish i could understand a pattern so i could make them, patterns are so confusing to me. i have no idea what their talking about.  Undecided Cry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Like anything I've made? BUY it here: http://sporkx71.etsy.com
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Piecing Together the Story of Unclaimed Riches
To Frack or Not To Frack: Russell Gold
The Sound by Sarah Alderson
The Science of What Makes Things Funny
This Side of Salvation by Jeri Smith-Ready
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Faux Cross Stitch Sweatshirt
More Great Crafts Using Cardboard Tubes
Meatless Monday: No Meat Lasagna

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...