A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 308,222
Currently Running With Scissors:
328 Guests and 11 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2]  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: ghetto chicken  (Read 2169 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

CraftyChef

Am I retired yet?

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: November 16, 2005 03:48:55 PM »

If it involves potato chips, it must be good! Nasty and good, oh yeah...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Debzzzbee
« Reply #11 on: November 16, 2005 07:38:21 PM »

is it spicy after it's cooked? i don't do well with spicy food, but i do like chicken and i could use some tasty recipes!

Its only spicy according to the flavor of chips used. I use Red-Hot BB-Q myself, but you could substitute with any type of chip you like...even Doritos.

that recipe sounds great!

i made a casserole i like to call "trashy broccoli", because it has got to be one of the unhealthiest treatments of broccoli around short of being deep fried (it's not deathly, but still... all the stuff together)

parboil some broccoli florets in salted water, drain and set aside or, chop the broccoli up REALLY finely, and skip the parboiling.

mix together mayonnaise, grated sharp cheddar, and some pepper. stir in the broccoli.

the additions are what make it great. i like to add in 1/2 a jar of hormel real bacon bits. i also like to top it with crushed up saltines and sometimes frenchfried onion strips. a plain salted potato chip topping would likely taste great, too. bake until hot and bubbly and top is browned (about 30-45 min at 350)

people just seem to go crazy for this stuff!

I made this and loved it !!  I love broccoli anyway ..and I love ranch dressing, so I substituted the mayo for Hidden Valley ranch.  Im thinking this would be great for upcoming holiday-bring-a-dish type of things I go to. Thanks for posting this recipe. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
laureg

*alchemist extraordinaire*

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2005 08:18:33 AM »

i made a casserole i like to call "trashy broccoli", because it has got to be one of the unhealthiest treatments of broccoli around short of being deep fried (it's not deathly, but still... all the stuff together)

parboil some broccoli florets in salted water, drain and set aside or, chop the broccoli up REALLY finely, and skip the parboiling.

mix together mayonnaise, grated sharp cheddar, and some pepper. stir in the broccoli.

the additions are what make it great. i like to add in 1/2 a jar of hormel real bacon bits. i also like to top it with crushed up saltines and sometimes frenchfried onion strips. a plain salted potato chip topping would likely taste great, too. bake until hot and bubbly and top is browned (about 30-45 min at 350)

I made this and loved it !!  I love broccoli anyway ..and I love ranch dressing, so I substituted the mayo for Hidden Valley ranch.  Im thinking this would be great for upcoming holiday-bring-a-dish type of things I go to. Thanks for posting this recipe. 
[/quote]

i'm so glad that you liked it!!! it IS pretty tasty... it's amazing what we can invent with stuff in the cupboards. now i'll definitely have to try the ranch version!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

you are not the boss of me
GirlyGirlBags
« Reply #13 on: November 17, 2005 01:24:32 PM »

Wow, ranch dressing and spicy chips sounds faboo!

I altered a recipe from Giada DeLaurentis (Everyday Italian on Food NEtwork) for baked chicken fingers.  You soak chicken fingers in buttermilk, then dredge in a mixture of grated paremsan cheese (like the Kraft in the green shaker container), garlic powder and she adds bread crumbs but since i didn't have any I substituted crushed up Ritz crackers.  bake them and YUMM!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

killer_threader
lord polly waffle

and unto them he said "borange"

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: November 17, 2005 06:25:27 PM »

I have actually eaten deep fried broccoli and yes it was tasty, but it was  in tempura batter. mmm mayonaise and cheese.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

and he said unto the people of the hills and valleys " and all ye who eat brunch shall be damned to hell" and unto the people of the plains and seas "ditto"
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2]  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Lemon Cornmeal Waffles
Whooops!
@Home This Weekend: Curtains!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...