A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,098
Currently Running With Scissors:
619 Guests and 17 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Hurricane Katrina one way swap?  (Read 467 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

funkensteins
« on: September 03, 2005 09:32:37 PM »

I read this post: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=51668.0

And realized there may be lots of craftsters who lost their supplies. If somebody would be intersted in organizing a swap where we send out supplies to craftsters who lost them, that would be nice.
We all have boxes full of supplies that didn't work for us, or we haven't gotten to, I have piles of lace scraps, and lots of neckties. I also have some clay I could part with and lots of fabric scraps.

Does this sound like a good idea?
Would anyone be interested in organizing it? (I don't meet the qualifications)
Are there enough craftsters without supplies who would be interested in getting gifts like this?  I will be happy to participate if somebody wants to organize it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

craftydame
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

i love glitter and glitter loves me.

hi craftster! i've missed you!!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005 10:33:06 PM »

i think this sounds like a really neat idea, but it should probably wait a little while. as much as we all love crafting, they probably have other priorities right now! (and besides, is there even postal service in all the areas affected? i kinda doubt it)

if there are people who are interested in sending, and people who are interested in recieving, i'd be willing to organize, maybe in a month or so?

i think the timing would have to be flexible, until we see how quickly people are able to rebuild and get settled again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

check out my crafty blog!

i like exclamation marks.
shade72
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2005 10:00:59 AM »

this is a fabulous and generous idea! i think we should def. wait a while. all the displaced people have nowhere to craft anyway.  i have a lot of stuff i'd be willing to part with. i just have way too much craft stuff and not enough time to work on them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jaami
was born with roses in her eyes

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 07, 2005 11:36:11 PM »

i think this sounds like a really neat idea, but it should probably wait a little while. as much as we all love crafting, they probably have other priorities right now! (and besides, is there even postal service in all the areas affected? i kinda doubt it)

if there are people who are interested in sending, and people who are interested in recieving, i'd be willing to organize, maybe in a month or so?

i think the timing would have to be flexible, until we see how quickly people are able to rebuild and get settled again.

definitely a great idea... i'd be pretty lost without all my stuff, let alone everything else being lost in one sweep. i think this sounds like a fantastic idea, but like crafty_dame said, perhaps it should wait a little while. let these people be with their families and friends and slowly get back into creating life again... definitely taking into consideration the fact that it will take a long time for homes to return to being homes. keep me updated if something happens?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I've been away from the site going through lots of medical testing. If I have not wrote you or mailed something, please understand that my concerns right now are my health and I will send things asap!

Please DO NOT COPY the toys, drawings or stickers I make. They're copyrighted!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Who Wore The Givenchy Leather Skirt Best: Kim Kardashian or Kanye West?
Who Wore It Best: Jennifer Lawrence or Lara Stone In Red Calvin Klein
Reveal of the Santa Claus Makeover
4 Different Ways To Wear Leather Pants
Anne Hathaway Has Wardrobe Malfunction At Les Miserables Premiere
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...