A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 296,712
Currently Running With Scissors:
703 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bitten by the bead bug....(pic heavy)  (Read 2829 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

alohamom2three
I really should be sleeping...

Wow...can't believe I won something!

View Profile
« on: September 03, 2005 02:58:14 PM »

I love looking at everyone's jewelry so I thought I would post some of my own.  Right now, I'm obsessed with complicated seed bead patterns.  Someone said I have way too much stupid time on my hands but the truth is, with three children 6, 4, 2 years old, If I don't do something for myself, I will go crazy!
Enjoy.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am always doing what I don't know how to do, in order to learn how to do it. -Vincent Van Gogh
CatyX
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005 05:23:00 PM »

I am in awe of the amazingness of those- wow, It wouldve driven me insane to use beads that small. And You do not have to much time on your hands your doing something productive.

And Amazing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005 05:27:15 PM »

Wow!
I agree! Totally amazing! And the colors are gorgeous!
I wouldn't have the patience to do that even if I didn't have kids!!!!!!
« Last Edit: September 03, 2005 05:29:28 PM by kaleesi » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
Adaquinn
How beaded it is!!

Aren't I cute?!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005 07:03:28 PM »

Oh!!  Those are LOVELY!!!  I am very very impressed with your mad beading skills
THIS ROCKS   Logged
alohamom2three

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005 09:50:29 PM »

Oh, I'm so happy you like them guys.  I love creating them as gifts and although the people I give them to say they like them, it's nice to hear it from others...especially people who know what they are talking about.   Grin
I was thinking about selling them but they are so time intensive, I would have to charge at least $30 for the seed bead ropes...do you think anyone would pay that much?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am always doing what I don't know how to do, in order to learn how to do it. -Vincent Van Gogh
olenka

if i can't dance, i don't want your revolution

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005 10:21:55 PM »

Those are lovely, I'm so immersed.
 I learned Cellini rope this sumer but I don't think I would have a patience to mack whole rope, and considering you are a mother of 3 that tells a lot of about amount patience you have. I can also see that you don't waist your time on mackin things are not pretty.
Would you mind telling me how is wave on the last rope called I have seen it done couple of times but I couldn't identify the name.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

alohamom2three

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2005 10:31:04 PM »

Those are lovely, I'm so immersed.
 I learned Cellini rope this sumer but I don't think I would have a patience to mack whole rope, and considering you are a mother of 3 that tells a lot of about amount patience you have. I can also see that you don't waist your time on mackin things are not pretty.
Would you mind telling me how is wave on the last rope called I have seen it done couple of times but I couldn't identify the name.

I'm glad you like them!  The last pattern came from a Bead and Button project book...the book is:  "Seed Bead Chains" Projects 11....and the pattern is called Quadruple Helix.
The coolest thing about that necklace is that you never go through a bead...you go between beads and thread tension holds it together.  The pictures of course don't do it justice because it is incredibly luminous and seems to be lit from within.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

706Designs
"To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong" -Joseph Chilton Pearce

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2005 07:44:09 AM »

Thats really pretty.  I get annoyed at people who think that if you do any sort of crafting that you have too much time on your hands.  These are usually the people who spend way too much time in front of the tv.  Wink 

Keep up the great work and keep doing something for yourself!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jtfelix
« Reply #8 on: September 04, 2005 11:10:57 AM »

Your work is amazing! I think you must have so much patience! Not only to have 3 little ones running around, but to tackle these beading designs!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
norsgoebel

the cutest of the 7 deadly sins

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 04, 2005 02:12:45 PM »

Those are wonderful, I know I would never have the patience...I had to comment about the people who say you must have way too much time on your hands to do your beading.  I'm always offended when people say that, to me they are insulting how I am spending my time and that I should be doing something "better" My usual response is that it keeps me sane, but I don't think that gets across that I don't appreciate the little dig they just lobbed at me. I don't want to be confrontational, just want them to realize that their comment is offensive
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take a peek!
http://www.polytypicarts.etsy.com

2 sips from the cup of human kindness and I'm sh*tfaced...N.P.
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Age a White Card Stock for Scrapbooking
How to Craft a Christmas Gourd Santa
How to Craft a Button Brooch
How to Craft Duct Tape Fabric
How to Craft Apple Balloons
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...