A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 301,506
Currently Running With Scissors:
366 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Yo!  (Read 24227 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

actionallison
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2004 12:32:45 PM »

I'm in Edgewood, which isn't too far from Providence.

Where did you hear about the book signing? I'd love to check that out.

allison
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewngoth
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2004 12:53:38 PM »

hey i think we should start are own stich and bitch group we could go to a star bucks like kamico suggested and we could break out some yarn and just chat drink some coffee and knit. I up for it if everyone else is.  Ithik there's enough of us to start a little circle
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kamico
craft, garden, cook, create

I'm a llama!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2004 02:05:24 PM »

http://www.knithappens.com/
The tour info is here.

I've never actually knitted, i just check out some of the knitting blogs from time to time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

actionallison
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2004 02:12:01 PM »

There actually is a Providence SnB already...I emailed the woman that runs it and got a really nice reply, but I was too intimidated to go because not only did it seem like I would be the youngest one there,  it was also held at someone's house. I just felt funny going to a stranger's home by myself. Oh, well.

Either way, we should all gather for a group of some sort.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
actionallison
« Reply #14 on: February 04, 2004 02:16:41 PM »

I've never actually knitted, i just check out some of the knitting blogs from time to time.

knitting is super fun...i've been pretty busy lately, and i love how easy it is to pick up and put down whenever. you should try it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
sewngoth
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2004 03:58:58 AM »

yeah i also emailed her i  felt the same about the whole being young and goin to some one house but hey we could start our own like a once a month thing im only 20 so to get a group together in the same age group would be cool  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
fuzzybub
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2004 06:26:31 AM »

I feel the same about going to someone's house for a stitch n' bitch and I'm 31 - I'm not quite there yet with my knitting confidence! I think for now I'd rather meet a group in a public space so when I spill my beverage all over everything I don't feel as bad.  

I also think it'd be cool to have some kind of general portable craft thing going on instead of just knitting because I'm trying to expand my horizons.

I've signed up for knitting.meetup.com, but they meet the third Wednesday each month (I think?) and I have class on Wednesdays...most of the meetups have been cancelled for lack of interest but some of you might want to check that out.

A girl on the getcrafty boards started something up last fall but there wasn't much interest over there at the time - we met at nick-a-nees once, which was fun! Only two of us though...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
actionallison
« Reply #17 on: February 05, 2004 10:56:45 AM »

we met at nick-a-nees once

is nick-a-nees the bar that looks like a barn? like, it definitely looks like a pig roast could be happening inside? i went there once, but i was scared away when the open mic jam session started.

if it's the same place, anyway... i'd go again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Mojo
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2004 08:56:27 AM »

There's a message board here on Craftster regarding the Stitch and Bitch book.  I've completed two projects from it and just love them.  I'm just about finished with my very first sweater!  

I'd be interested in getting together too.  Which Starbucks are you all thinking of?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fuzzybub
« Reply #19 on: February 06, 2004 09:35:08 AM »

nick-a-nees is actually a tiny dive-ish bar in the jewelry district - it's a bit smokey but everyone's usually really nice and they allow dogs (not that I have one!).

I haven't been in, but the starbucks at the biltmore looks cool - it's got window seats! Parking would be an issue for some people though...

THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 14 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
4 Top Celebrity Hair Trends Anyone Can Do
Best Products For Voluminous Hair
Bed Head Hair For Effortless Style
Top 3 Back to School Hairstyles
How to Create a Grecian Updo Hairstyle
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Mirror Wall
January 21, 2015 Featured Projects
January 21st is Squirrel Appreciation Day!

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...