A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,083
Currently Running With Scissors:
530 Guests and 9 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Looking for old ties-crafting for charity!  (Read 607 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

bkqueen
« on: September 02, 2005 11:18:48 PM »

Hi Guys!

If anyone can help me out this would be great.. I have started making a few bags to sell at the smaller shows(we go to some big shows  with our art, but jury process does not work with charity art,etc.. anyway) along with a compilation CD i am in the works of making, but am still getting confirmation and permission for the artists.
All proceeds from the CD and some proceeds from the bag(minus mostly overhead & costs) will be given directly to three charities in Ghana(west africa) specifically in a very rural and poor area in the north, called Bolgatanga(or Bolga). The three charities are the Anglican Mother and Baby Home(an orphanage, where I used to work) as well as an organization called Rural Help Integrated(www.ruralhelp.org) that focuses on training traditional birth attendants and midwives in safe medical practices, as well as counselling for those clients who they recognize might be in need of it,etc.. He is a doctor who has worked and written f or the UNFPA, Dr. Kwasi Odoi-Agyarko.

And lastly, Maata 'n' tudu, ("Women of the North'-translated.. ) it is a micro-credit organization, thta is completely self reliant and  self sustaining. Incredibly strong women..

Anyway. I am looking for as many neckties(not making necktie bags, but using them..) and also looking for as many pins(anything with writing/logo,etc..etc..NOT pushpins!) as I can.. PLEASE

IF YOU CAN help email or pm me for an address, if you are in the ottawa area i can pick up.. if you can send me more than 10 ties ill send you a free bag,(would send CD's as well, but I don't have all the  copyright permission yet! sorry!)

Lyz
elaurin@gmail.com
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vegetarian Japanese Bento Box Recipes
How to Make Foie Gras for a Japanese Bento Box
How to Prepare a Japanese Bento Box for Kids
How to Make Pickled Vegetables for a Japanese Bento Box
Slow Food Fast: Dal with Poached Eggs, Cilantro and Yogurt
Latest Blog Articles
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects
Spotlight On: Amigurumi

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...