A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 300,948
Currently Running With Scissors:
757 Guests and 22 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Wonderfalls  (Read 2454 times)
Tags for this thread: wonderfalls , tv  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« on: September 02, 2005 07:33:26 AM »

Has anyone seen the show Wonderfalls? It was on briefly last year and stupidly by fox canceled and now its out on DVD. Well the main charater Jaye is always wearing something either crocheted or knitted. I was wondering if anyone had read about the actress knitting all those things or if people had  copied any of the designs. I love her scarf in the episode where her boyfriends wife is in the hosiptal and its light blue with flowers on it.
Thanks
*h
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beastbunny
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005 07:36:39 AM »

Oh, my husband and I both LOVED Wonderfalls.  I'm going to have to go back and watch some episodes and check out her accessories, I never really noticed.  But I guess you're right, I remember scarves and also a crochet lace skullcap type hat too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
polkadotdog
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005 05:39:21 PM »

Fox is notorious for cancelling great shows before they have a chance to "catch on", not to mention that they move them all over the schedule so that it makes it really hard to find them, even if you have "caught on"...

FIREFLY, anyone??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Want something sparkly and fun??  Click here!!   www.polkadotdog.etsy.com

Looking for some original and unusual art?  Here's some!  www.artbystu.etsy.com
ctgirl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005 07:36:55 PM »

I LOVE Wonderfalls!!!  I was so sad when it was canceled.  And I love all the outfits Jaye wears.....I was actually going to post about the show when I first got the DVD, but never did.  But being the dork that I am I listened to the commentary and the costume designer make alot the the sweaters etc. thought is sounded like she cut up existing sweaters and altered them.  I love her shirt in the "Safety Canary" episode....it looks like just a plain t-shirt with striped crocheted sleeves (from a scarf) and she wears this orange turtleneck sweater in "Wound up Penguin" that has a huge split collar that is really cool. 

I have watched the DVD at least 4 times already and now I want to watch them again.....Damn you Fox for canceling it!

I loved Firefly too......at least they aired more than 4 episodes before canceling!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
squeakyweasels

Knitter, Writer, Yarner

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005 07:25:55 PM »

I adore Wonderfalls!!! We loved it while it was on and then watched all the episodes practically straight through. I was just learning to knit when it was on Fox, and I kept nudging my husband and saying, "Oooh, I want to make THAT!"

Firefly is actually next on our list of good shows on DVD...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I sell ecofriendly luxury yarn, recycled at
http://stitchpop.artfire.com
catboy
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2005 10:23:27 PM »

I am also marked as a mad Wonderfalls fan.  I had heard great things about it and took the chance and ordered it from the US because it has never been aired in any form over here. It was the best possibly-misspent money ever!
I am now trying to convert as many people as i can to it's brilliance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
hillarybillary
your a pansy I'm a cowboy....

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 06, 2005 07:07:09 AM »

I just started dead like me and it too is wonderful. The same people created it. I am happy to know other noticed the neat things in the show, but sad no one has found patterns either. IF anyone does pease post!
*h
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Nuno930
« Reply #7 on: September 06, 2005 11:00:02 AM »

Fox is notorious for cancelling great shows before they have a chance to "catch on", not to mention that they move them all over the schedule so that it makes it really hard to find them, even if you have "caught on"...

FIREFLY, anyone??

*grumblegrumble*Tru Calling*grumble grumble*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
wrybrarian
« Reply #8 on: September 06, 2005 02:18:48 PM »

Don't worry - all of the episodes are on Netflix! That's how I watch it. And now I'm going to have to go back and look at her scarves, too!

Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

crazycatladymel
« Reply #9 on: September 06, 2005 03:47:51 PM »

Love that show! I faithfully watched all 3 episodes before it was cancelled and got the DVD as soon as possible (actually, hubby probably got it for me, like he got Lost for me today). I loved checking out all the knitwear.

Weird aside -- I commented about this on an email group and William Sadler's cousin was on it. She said she'd have to go back and watch for all the knit stuff.

adding to the grumbling... Firefly. dammit.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Create a Brushed Metal Texture in Photoshop CS3
How to Create a Chrome Metal Text Effect in Photoshop CS3
How to Create a Custom Color Palette From an Image in Fireworks CS3
How to Create a Glossy Text Effect in Photoshop CS3
How to Create a Layer Mask in Photoshop CS3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Chalkboard Wine Glasses
Handmade Gift Ideas: Wooden Chain
Handmade Gift Ideas: Upcycled Car Trash Bag

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...