A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 297,454
Currently Running With Scissors:
572 Guests and 29 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: purse help!  (Read 813 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

XfailureXbyXdesign
« on: April 21, 2004 11:57:00 AM »

First off I want to say hi and introduce myself (since I'm new to the forum), my name is Nicole.

I'm looking for some help. I'm in the process of starting my own purse/bag line (hopefully due out this summer) and I've been thinking up some ideas and one liners to put on the purses I make. I was wondering if anyone could help me come up with some ideas for decorations to use or even some catchy phrases/one liners. All the help will be appreciated. If anyone helps by giving me some ideas, I will make the bag and send it to you as a thank you! Since I don't really know how to give credit on a purse.

Also, can anyone give me some helpful tips on purse making? Like I said, I'm new to this whole thing and I don't know everything that has to be done in order to make a purse, but I'm trying! Ha! Any advice will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Nicole
P.S. If I posted this in the wrong section of the forum I'm super ultra sorry!
« Last Edit: April 26, 2004 07:27:50 AM by XfailureXbyXdesign » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use my body while I sleep My lungs are fresh and yours to keep Kept clean and they will let you breathe Is this the way a toy feels when its batteries run dry? I am the watch you always wear but you forget to wind
Nobody plans to be half a world away at times like these ...
dotty_gem

I'm a yorkshire lass! ee by eck!

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2004 05:26:04 AM »

hi that is a really cool idea! I don't know just how copyright works but you could use shakespeare quotes and then make some little pictures to go with them and give them a modern flavour! I love all of the "doth" and "thou"'s I think that you could make some really orignal pieces with them!! Hope that sparks some more ideas!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
XfailureXbyXdesign
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2004 07:46:02 AM »

Wow! That's a really great idea, original and creative. Thanks!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use my body while I sleep My lungs are fresh and yours to keep Kept clean and they will let you breathe Is this the way a toy feels when its batteries run dry? I am the watch you always wear but you forget to wind
Nobody plans to be half a world away at times like these ...
pixiestixchick65

"I can't believe I gave my panties to a geek."

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2004 02:12:37 PM »

I think you should also include some regular tote bags (I'm sure there are threads here somewhere on how to make them).  You can  make them out of retro fabrics, or maybe iron-on a pin-up girl or two.  As for sayings, take a look at my signature.  That would go perfectly with the whole pin-up girl feel........ Go to different websites with quotes, I'm sure you'll find something.

ciao xox
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ciao xox
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint With Digital Paint in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Work With Non-Destructive Editing in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Color Correction in Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use Adobe Photoshop CS3 Extended
How to Use the Image Processor in Adobe Bridge CS3
Latest Blog Articles
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...