A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 298,061
Currently Running With Scissors:
696 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Erotic Transference  (Read 2599 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

amyshrugged

ohhh...we could start over again

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2005 06:21:17 PM »

This is part of the package I sent for the Wes Anderson swap (see the whole gallery here: http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=48737.0).  I would love opinions on my bookbinding, as I am thinking of selling some on Etsy.  (They wouldn't be Royal Tenenbaums-themed, just blank journals.. unless there is a big interest?  Smiley)  For fellow bookbinding know-it-alls and other interested parties, this is a non-adhesive Keith Smith binding with two signatures sewn directly onto the leather spine.

this was taken at the weird angle to show off the decorative spine stitching

inside cover and first page

and an example of the inside pages, which have quotes from the movie on them... I know you can't read this, but it says, "I think we're just going to have to be secretly in love with each other and leave it at that, Richie."

Let me know what you think!
« Last Edit: January 04, 2010 10:45:52 AM by rackycoo - Reason: to fix images » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now accepting orders for custom handmade books.. treat yourself to a new handbound journal or sketchbook! 
PM me for details.

etsy shop coming soon!
mel-my-issa

f*** it dude, let's go bowling.

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005 10:25:02 AM »

That is amazing! I'm green with envy! Your swap partner is so lucky! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amyshrugged

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005 12:40:36 PM »

You are too kind!!  I am going to give Etsy a try.. surely someone needs a handbound journal?  Now I just need a good name.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Now accepting orders for custom handmade books.. treat yourself to a new handbound journal or sketchbook! 
PM me for details.

etsy shop coming soon!
worthwhilegirl
my metal baby

We can't all be girl scouts Millie.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005 04:16:41 PM »

That is so cool! I would def. buy something like that! It would make a great gift!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.betweenstupidandclever.com
yep I got a knitting blog

-It's making me blue, Pantone 292....
mel-my-issa

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2005 11:26:40 AM »

I would buy something like that too.  Smiley Let us know if you get an etsy shop going!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

amyshrugged

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 07, 2005 03:02:11 PM »

That is so cool! I would def. buy something like that! It would make a great gift!!!

I would buy something like that too.  Smiley Let us know if you get an etsy shop going!

thanks for the comments!  I'm getting so excited.  I signed up for an etsy shop (whoo me!  finally!), so now I just need to get my butt in gear and bind some fab books. 

Question (for anyone/everyone to answer): are you interested in the tenenbaums-themed book in particular, or just similarly-constructed blank books in general?  I have another blank journal in the completed projects board too... something more like that?  And what kind of prices would you be willing to pay?  Don't worry, this is not a legally-binding contract that you'll purchase from me, I'm just trying to work everything out.   Smiley
« Last Edit: September 07, 2005 03:15:29 PM by amyshrugged » THIS ROCKS   Logged

PM me for details.

etsy shop coming soon!
mel-my-issa

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 07, 2005 04:30:30 PM »

thanks for the comments!  I'm getting so excited.  I signed up for an etsy shop (whoo me!  finally!), so now I just need to get my butt in gear and bind some fab books. 

Question (for anyone/everyone to answer): are you interested in the tenenbaums-themed book in particular, or just similarly-constructed blank books in general?  I have another blank journal in the completed projects board too... something more like that?  And what kind of prices would you be willing to pay?  Don't worry, this is not a legally-binding contract that you'll purchase from me, I'm just trying to work everything out.   Smiley

I would be interested in theme notebooks (any wes anderson movies). I like how the Royal Tenenbaums notebook has movie quotes on the bottom of the pages. I'm not sure how much I would pay. How many pages are in the journals? What kind of paper is in them? I guess I would pay between $10 and $20. Is that too little? I'm not sure if they are super expensive to make so I hope I didn't throw a super low number out and hurt your feelings Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scuffmark21
MadelineAwesome

my hobbies are crafts and befriending rockstars.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2005 11:18:43 AM »

the royal tenenbaums is my favorite movie of all time! that journal is incredible.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"So, in conclusion, air-bud is a completely fictional story because in real life dogs are never allowed to play in soccer or in anysport for that matter."
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Fashion Trends Your Kids Will Want to Rock for Back-To-School
Only Jessica Alba Can Make This Color Combo Look Chic
Trend Takeout: How to Throw On and Go Your Dress This Summer
Tara Lipinski and Johnny Weir Show Us What Olympians Wear to Work
Back to School Style Tips
Latest Blog Articles
These Are a Few of My Favorite (Spooky!) Things
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...