A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: If you see a project that you think is awesome and deserves to be a featured project, you can click the THIS ROCKS button to nominate it!
Total Members: 297,458
Currently Running With Scissors:
765 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Love Sweet Love (w/ tutorial)  (Read 1868 times)
Tags for this thread: tutorial  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

ambam
« on: September 01, 2005 05:58:51 PM »

I just got engaged this summer, and then my brother did, too, right after I did. I made an engagement greeting for him and his girlfriend (but I really wish someone would make something like this for me!!).

I thought anybody would love to get a homemade engagement greeting, especially such a cute one and with matching his and hers chocolate bars, and a personalized greeting inside!

Here's what you need to make one:

for the candy bars
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/25915love4.jpg
-aluminum foil
-two chocolate bars (doesn't matter which brand; mine are Meijer store brand)
-rub-on alphabet (I got mine at Hobby Lobby)

Carefully remove the original paper wrapping from the candy bars without tearing the inner foil or the paper wrapper.

Use one of the wrappers you removed as a guide for cutting two new wrappers from aluminum foil.
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/25915love5.jpg

Then, use the rub-on letters to write "his" and "hers" on the bars. Be careful not to put your hand or fingers on top of the letters next to the ones you're transferring, because they accidentally could be transferred onto your wrapper also.

Yay! Your very own candy bars. Now bunch up the sheet of tissue paper, put it in the bottom of the small giftbox and make a little space on each side so you can nestle the candy bars in together nice and neat.

http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/25915Love6.jpg

for the packaging Part I
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/25915love8.jpg
-one sheet of tissue paper
-one solid color of scrapbooking paper, and one cute patterned piece to coordinate (I used a brand called Scrapbook Walls.)
-matching thread and a sewing machine
-6 1/2" x 6 1/2" x 1 5/8" white giftbox (mine is from Container Store)

To decorate the inside of the top of the box, cut a square of patterned paper a little smaller than 6 1/2" by 6 1/2", and then a square of the solid color just a little bit smaller than that. You might want to write your message on the smaller solid piece of paper at this time in case you mess up. Or, you could do another one of those rub-on things.

The next part is fun -- go to the sewing machine and sew the smaller piece of paper to the center of the bigger square with a zigzag stitch, using coordinating thread.

Use a glue stick or double-sided tape to attach this sewn piece to the inside of the top of the little box.

for the packaging Part II
http://www.craftster.org/pictures/data/500/25915love7.jpg
-a solid piece of paper
-a cute sticker for the front of the package (mine is from Hobby Lobby)
-a pretty ribbon
-8" x 8" x 3 1/2" flip-open box (if you're going to mail this, you'll want to put it in an outer box. I was going to put it in a box just because, but then I realized it would away from the presentation.)

Also, if you do want to do the box-within-a-box thing, you'll need more sheets of tissue paper, and then some white butcher paper to wrap it up and mail it.

This was the hardest part (although not very hard). My paper wasn't big enough to go around the box completely, so I cute two strips and stuck them together with double-sided tape so I had a piece big enough to wrap around the box completely. Then I secured the end with double-sided tape, too.

Wrap the ribbon around the box, just around the middle of the paper wrapping. Secure the ends at the front with a cute sticker.

I'm going to make another one for my friend in London who just got engaged, but I don't know if the chocolate would melt in the mail .... ??
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011 09:12:15 AM by jungrrl - Reason: changed non-working images to links. » THIS ROCKS   Logged

CrazyCharlie

If I'm addicted to anything, it's sparklers

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005 04:27:56 PM »

That is so cute.. I adore it.. Maybe Ill make one for my brother... If not surely someone will be getting engaged soon..  Roll Eyes
THIS ROCKS   Logged
FancyShmancy

smoke. drink. craft.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2005 09:40:37 PM »

that's super cute!

congrats on your engagement!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

seriously? like, seriously.
Alexa_Angel
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2005 09:43:51 PM »

Very cute and thoughtful. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The purpose of life is not to be happy. It is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived, and lived well. ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
ambam
« Reply #4 on: September 14, 2005 09:02:37 PM »

:-*Thank you, you are all so sweet.
They loved it, by the way! They gobbled up the chocolate before they even left my house!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Interview With Author Christina Shelton
Targets of Revenge by Jeffrey Stephens
Far From the Tree Audiobook by Andrew Solomon
Room No. 10 by Åke Edwardson
J.A. Jance Discusses Deadly Stakes
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Sandwich Wrap
Falling Leaves
Meatless Monday: Provencal Inspired Quiche

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...