A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Joining an Organized Swap? Please review the rules and info on a regular basis.
Total Members: 297,574
Currently Running With Scissors:
694 Guests and 33 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 89
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: panta! (from a finnish pattern).  (Read 248449 times)
Tags for this thread: headband , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

apfersic
« Reply #210 on: October 29, 2005 01:59:42 PM »

I have skein of lopi bulky that i bought one day just b/c I loved the color.
Has anyone here used a bulky yarn for theirs and would one skein of lopi bulky be enough?  its only 67 yards.  I might try it, if I do I'll post pictures of my results.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadySpankington
« Reply #211 on: October 30, 2005 07:40:43 AM »

I have skein of lopi bulky that i bought one day just b/c I loved the color.
Has anyone here used a bulky yarn for theirs and would one skein of lopi bulky be enough?  its only 67 yards.  I might try it, if I do I'll post pictures of my results.

apfersic -
I made my first one with bulky yarn (pink panta, page 6 of this thread). It turned out ok, but I like my worsted weight ones a little better(green one, page 15). The bulky one is warmer, but its a little, you know, bulky... I'm not sure how many yards it takes, but it's really not too many. For my bulky one, i used leftover yarn, and it was balled and about the size of a pool ball, if that helps. And I made one out of Wool of the Andes (which is worsted) and has 110 yards and I used a little less then half the skein.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

shooting star
« Reply #212 on: November 01, 2005 04:00:51 PM »

Hey folks, these are amazing, I really must make one!!

Right, a quick question, I can knit but I don't know the first thing about wool.  Can anyone help me out by suggesting the best wool to use??  I'm from the UK therefore I don't know if that makes any difference to the name etc of the types of wool I have available over here.

Cheers folks Smiley

Looking forward to a reply as as soon as I know whats the best wool to go for I am heading straight to the shop to buy some and get started!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
gurlwhopurls
« Reply #213 on: November 02, 2005 06:35:49 AM »

I found this on a brazillian website (actually this panta was the only pattern they had) and i loved it!
i don't really know what "panta" means.
so mom helped me out (she's a great knitter) and look! Found the website! Here it is:
http://trico.flogbrasil.terra.com.br/
I'm working on the translation of the pattern, but i still need help from an english-speaking knitter (or at least one that can help me with the specific knitting terms). Anyone?

Naiara,

The website wouldn't work for me. I really want to make one of these! they look great. Really nice job! It looks like theres a lot of patterns on this thread people made. which one looks the closest to the one you used? If you're still looking for help on translating the pattern I could try and help.
~Alex~ Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
illhtac

the progress is in the process

View Profile WWW
« Reply #214 on: November 02, 2005 10:52:41 AM »

I just finished one of these last night for a friend.  I love it.  It doesn't look very good on me, but it's super cute on her.  I'll post a picture later.  I'm making these for everyone I know for Christmas.  I'm thinking about trying to cut down the number of knit 'stripes',  increase the knit part to 4 sts, and cabling it.

shooting star, I'm in the UK right now and I used Cygnet wool ease, I think, that I got from John Lewis.  It's 75% wool and 25% acrylic.  It worked really well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emily
« Reply #215 on: November 02, 2005 11:57:22 AM »

No Pics but anyone who's on the fence really needs to make one (or 6!) of these! 

I made one, wore it out on sunday and got compliments from sooo many total strangers, things like 'I just had to come tell you how beautiful you are'

I'm figuring it musta been the panta...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
shooting star
« Reply #216 on: November 03, 2005 06:11:24 AM »

shooting star, I'm in the UK right now and I used Cygnet wool ease, I think, that I got from John Lewis.  It's 75% wool and 25% acrylic.  It worked really well.

thats brilliant, cheers  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Swap Shop

wists

My crafting blog

I'm looking for cable afghan (tunisian) crochet hooks. Personal swap anyone?
wints
« Reply #217 on: November 03, 2005 06:29:49 PM »

Here's my lovely panta made of Fleece Artist cashmere (sorry about the crap picture - the yarn is actually a lovely bright reddish-pink). I love this pattern! I made it up in one evening while watching tv - fast and easy. I used sportweight cashmere, doubled, on 4 mm. needles. My head is actually quite a bit bigger than my 'model', here, so it fits me pretty snugly. Thanks to naiara for posting this pattern and to melosond for her translation! Smiley

THIS ROCKS   Logged
gurlwhopurls
« Reply #218 on: November 05, 2005 08:42:38 AM »

woohoo. finished my panta! i started it with ilsa's pattern but got a little confused so i took it out and used melosond's pattern. it only took me one evening to make it. its great. i'll post some pictures of it soon once i take them. i've got to make some more of these though!!!!! Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gurlwhopurls
« Reply #219 on: November 05, 2005 11:57:22 AM »

ok well that didnt work and i can't get it to work so nevermind! lol. urgh.
 Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 89 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Messy Faux Bob
Full, Loose Curls at Desigual Fall 2014 NYFW
DIY at Home Mask for Dry Scalp and Hair
How to Rock Bangs Without Making a Big Cut
How to Get a Super Sleek Blowout Without the Frizz
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Rustic Fabric Pumpkins
Are You Ready For Some Football?
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...