A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 296,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
493 Guests and 7 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 89
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: panta! (from a finnish pattern).  (Read 246215 times)
Tags for this thread: headband , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

melosond
« Reply #150 on: October 03, 2005 04:45:25 AM »

humblestumble: in my pattern llama = 1/10 the circumference of your head. So measure your head where the headband would lie, and then divide by 10 -- so in the example I used, if your head is 20" then llama = 2". Each section, then, you would knit for 2".

Some people have been finding that makes it a little too big (keeping in mind that the headband will stretch), so you might want to do it for a little less than that, or just keep testing it to your head size as you knit, which is what I tended to do, especially at the end.

Good luck!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

skrillaknits
« Reply #151 on: October 03, 2005 06:01:50 AM »

I also assumed that it was 5mm, but I habitually use smaller needles than I "should". It takes longer this way, but I was happy with the result because like others have mentioned, this sucker stretches. My future pantas will be knit shorter before joining the ends.

Does anyone else feel like busting into a round of "It's a Small World After All" because of this knit? It's just so awesome that it's Brazilian/Scandinavian, and we're all so taken with it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Rast ich, so rost ich." [German Proverb]
naiara

ociffer, take me drunk, i'm home.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #152 on: October 05, 2005 04:12:54 AM »

yeah, the first time i saw the pattern and read it was finnish i wanted to make it right away! and since it was on a brazillian site, hey, let's share it on craftster Cheesy
it's great that a lot of people are enjoying making the pantas Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MirageTheDog
« Reply #153 on: October 06, 2005 08:18:15 AM »

Here's my panta. It's knit out of some Sugar 'n Cream cotton I had lying around. I love the cotton. It's soooo comfortable, and it doesn't irritate my forhead the way the arcryllic and wool does. I have 4 pink hoodies, so when I saw the pattern, it made sense to make it in pink.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged
jillofalltrades
« Reply #154 on: October 06, 2005 08:33:25 AM »

I want a one of these so bad! Is anyone selling them, and if so how much? I do not know how to knit well. Thanks in advance gals.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
TheDishclothQueen
« Reply #155 on: October 06, 2005 11:07:32 AM »

I want a one of these so bad! Is anyone selling them, and if so how much? I do not know how to knit well. Thanks in advance gals.

I could definately make up one of these for you, and I could probably do it with stash I've got around the house.  I'm thinking I'd probably charge about $5 or so.  (If you wanted wool, it might be a bit more...$7 or $8.)  If you email me <alimoges@usd.edu>, we can workout details!

Amanda
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Making an effort to use proper English and not 'net slang makes me much more willing to respond to your post.
Shmooey
« Reply #156 on: October 06, 2005 02:29:07 PM »

SO cute!  i hope to make one as the weather gets cooler Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
LadySpankington
« Reply #157 on: October 06, 2005 02:36:23 PM »

This damnable warm weather better end soon cause I want, no, I NEED to wear my green panta outside!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sewincbm

maybe i just like towels!!!!

View Profile
« Reply #158 on: October 06, 2005 05:12:23 PM »

i just finished mine!
it is so awesome, but when i make another one, i think i am going to use smaller needles (i used size 6 US) and make sure i measure   my llama more accurately (and actually measure my head, i just guessed how big it was and went from that).
other than that, i love it so much and cannot wait for that cool weather to kick in!

C
THIS ROCKS   Logged

holla
LauraPalmer
« Reply #159 on: October 08, 2005 01:49:16 AM »

I made one!  It's a gift for someone else, but one for me is already on the needles.  I got the gloves and the panta out of one hank of Nature Wool, and I still have a bunch left.  Not bad!

This one was done in pure wool on US5 needles.  The next will be in a cashmerino/microfiber blend on US7 needles.  Oh, and both this yarn and the new one are aran weight!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 89 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vincent Flynn Talks About Extreme Measures
Meet Author Tristan Bancks
A Message From Audrina Partridge
Demon from the Dark Book Trailer
Robin Wasserman Talks About Crashed
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto
@Home This Weekend: Celebrate Your State

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...