A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 300,875
Currently Running With Scissors:
623 Guests and 18 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: panta! (from a finnish pattern).  (Read 244375 times)
Tags for this thread: headband , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

queen_gueneviere
« Reply #880 on: August 17, 2007 01:14:04 PM »

Thanks so much, editorgrrl! You've been a tremendous help to me.  Grin
I'm so anxious to get started on this and thanks to you, I'm off and running. Yippeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PaperBag
« Reply #881 on: October 11, 2007 07:04:28 AM »

I know this post hasn't been active for a few months, but I just found it and made my first panta. Damn, I read a lot of you said it was just an evening project- I must be a REALLY slow knitter because it took me at least 10 hours. I mean, I knew I was a slow knitter since I"m new, but still.  Tongue

I used bamboo needles size 5 (US) and a very soft blend of alpaca and something (the ball band is in Japanese so I can't exactly read it lol). It took less than a 40g ball to make. I'm going to be making more of these. It's a great first project Smiley

« Last Edit: October 11, 2007 08:32:38 AM by PaperBag - Reason: smack me for grammar problems. :) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Deirdre
« Reply #882 on: October 11, 2007 08:10:10 AM »

It's alive!  I can't believe this thread is still active!  I think it's time for me to make another one!

PaperBag -- I love your panta!  Great colors.  I'm sorry it took 10 hours -- wow, that is a long time.  But the result is beautiful!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Curlyredheadgirl

Faith is the evidence of things not seen. Heb.11:1

View Profile WWW
« Reply #883 on: October 11, 2007 09:48:04 AM »

So funny... I woke up this morning thinking I need to make my stepdaughter one of these for her to wear on these chilly mornings!! I might just make another for me this year also - I just love these Panta's - with my curly hair they are the only thing that works for me! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

You can never change the past. But by the gace of God, you can win the future. So, remember those things which will help you forward, but forget about the things which will only hold you back.

My Blog - http://curlyredheadgirl.blogspot.com/
Craftini
Is it time for a martini?

View Profile
« Reply #884 on: October 11, 2007 02:27:46 PM »

PaperBag -- it took me forever to make my first panta too. And my second, come to think of it.  Cheesy

Congratulations on your first project though! It looks fantastic, and the colour's smashing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Emily
« Reply #885 on: October 11, 2007 04:45:24 PM »

I've been thinking about making myself a new panta ever since I lost my first one back in january...it's definitely getting to be the time of year when I want to warm my ears Smiley  Perhaps now is the time Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PhunkyThreads
this is the only craftster id I've ever had

wait for it....it wil come...

View Profile
« Reply #886 on: October 12, 2007 09:18:27 AM »

I have a crocheted one. I got it at a yard sale and didnt know what the heck it was tilll I came on here (thought it was a wierd headband). I think I will try making one. It looks fairly easy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

If speaking my mind gets me in trouble with the establishment,then I never want to be silent
kimski
« Reply #887 on: October 12, 2007 07:53:34 PM »

As of this post this thread has been viewed 142055 times. Way to go panta thread.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
PaperBag
« Reply #888 on: October 14, 2007 06:15:22 AM »

I have a question! It may have been covered in the past 89 pages somewhere, but I hope you all excuse my laziness of not reading all the pages to find out...  Tongue

Okay. I want the panta wider so it covers my whole ear. I still have a ball of that yarn and want to use that. It is recommended for size 5-7 needles... So, to make it wider, would I just use a larger needle (I used size 5 in the photo above) or do I need to add a row of ribbing (is that what it's called?).

I'm not very good at making my own patterns, and I'm hoping that making my needles bigger will make the piece wider. I would just try it, but I only have one ball left and I'm not in the country where I bought it at right now lol

Anyways, one of you must be able to help me out with this Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Emily
« Reply #889 on: October 16, 2007 12:59:54 PM »

I think either way would work, but I'd probably choose to add another row to the ribbing, assuming you like the way the yarn knit up on your original, changing needle size is going to change the fabric, your stitches will be looser...not as tight and snug, it's likely to be less warm that way...

or at least that's my best guess...
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
La La Anthony on Summer Beauty Trends
Get Bold, Bright Makeup Tips For Your Eye Color
Top Face Highlighters For Every Skin Tone
Brooke Shields Gets Personal
Beauty Made Easy: Applying Fake Lashes
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Stamping
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Jose Romussi
Tute Tuesday: Imprinting on Concrete

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...