A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,048
Currently Running With Scissors:
865 Guests and 27 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 89
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: panta! (from a finnish pattern).  (Read 244214 times)
Tags for this thread: headband , pattern  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

frefre
« Reply #190 on: October 22, 2005 09:49:26 PM »

It's the other way around for me. I taught myself to knit about six months ago and that's going great. I've tried crocheting the other day and find it much harder. It puts much more strain on my wrists. I do want to learn though so I will give it another go.

I learned to crochet first, and find that knitting is hard on my wrists.  I think that whatever you learn to do first feels the most natural.  I'm knitting a bunch now just to teach myself how to relax my wrists.  I am so mean to them.

I just happened upon this thread this evening (I am relatively new to Craftster),and even though I have a ton of projects I need to complete before the winter solstice (read:  Christmas!), I think I am going to bang one of these bad girls out!  it is getting cold and I need something toasty for me ears.  I have single skeins of some cool vintage yarns and I coudln't figure out what to make them... I think I know now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you pay careful attention, you will notice that there is a creativity in everything; do you have the ability to be tickled?
humblestumble
Craftster enhances life.

Retro crafty.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #191 on: October 22, 2005 09:57:40 PM »

I actually learned crochet first and find knitting very natural to me. I can do both, but prefer to knit Smiley Someday. I will knit this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.amschwengler.com

http://craftster.ourtoolbar.com <-- I made a Craftster toolbar for us obsessed Craftster members

"Takes 2 steps to get up and one to fall down."
bronxie
I like yarn! Yarn, Yarn, yarn

View Profile
« Reply #192 on: October 23, 2005 06:58:39 AM »

I finally wore mine yesterday! Very cool. I think I'm going to make another one.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frefre
« Reply #193 on: October 23, 2005 08:08:01 AM »

I've noticed that quite of few of you said that as the pattern is, it makes the panta a little bit too loose.  how much length would you take off?  I've just started mine, and I was thinking of getting rid of some of the length in the middle...  I can't decide to take of one or two inches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

if you pay careful attention, you will notice that there is a creativity in everything; do you have the ability to be tickled?
box of purls
« Reply #194 on: October 23, 2005 09:04:39 AM »

I've noticed that quite of few of you said that as the pattern is, it makes the panta a little bit too loose.  how much length would you take off?  I've just started mine, and I was thinking of getting rid of some of the length in the middle...  I can't decide to take of one or two inches.

I too off 2 inches and it wasn't too tight....but I don't know if different fibers are more stretchy than others...mine was acrylic...but I'd also made one with wool that I thought was too small (but I think I'm going to go back and redo) and it wasn't as stretchy...I don't think.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pleko
« Reply #195 on: October 23, 2005 09:29:33 AM »

Mine came out a bit too big. I used size 6 needles and I think the pattern may have called for size 5. When I make it again I think I'll shorten it by two inches.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
bronxie
I like yarn! Yarn, Yarn, yarn

View Profile
« Reply #196 on: October 23, 2005 10:20:48 AM »

If I remember correctly, I stopped mine at 21" and it was still loose. I sewed it up yesterday and now it's nice and snug (that's how I like it). I say stop at 20"
THIS ROCKS   Logged
frefre
« Reply #197 on: October 23, 2005 11:44:25 AM »

thanks everyone!  I'm almost half-way done!  can't wait to finish.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

frefre
« Reply #198 on: October 24, 2005 08:43:08 PM »

I finished my panta!  annnnnd.... I modified it!

before...

after putting a brim on!

I got the brim from Stitch 'N Bitch Nation, it's from the Headline News cabled newsboy cap.  the pattern calls for it to measure out 2" in the center, but I found that it looked too floppy on the panta... so it's about 1 1/4 - 1 1/2" out from the center instead.

so what does everyone think?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nixx
« Reply #199 on: October 25, 2005 04:25:15 AM »

frefre... I LOVE IT!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Ford, you're turning into a penguin.  Stop it.
--
www.uber-dork.net ; www.myspace.com/nikkirawr
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 [20] 21 22 ... 89 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Paint Flowers with Watercolors
How to Paint with Watercolors
Watercolor Painting: How to Paint Round Objects
Watercolor Painting: How to Paint Greens
Supervillain Origins: Catwoman
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight On: Amigurumi
Mr X Stitch Presents: The Cutting (& Stitching) Edge - Karen Casper
Tute Tuesday: Wooden Chain

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...