A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News: Craftster Best of 2014 have been announced!  Check out the winning projects here!
Total Members: 301,110
Currently Running With Scissors:
463 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Earring Binge round 2?!  (Read 2500 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

waterpolocathy
« Reply #20 on: September 02, 2005 08:51:19 AM »

preg_replace('/(.{49})/', '$1 ', 'yayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayayaya')!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
olive + orange
« Reply #21 on: September 02, 2005 02:40:19 PM »

I know that DCs aren't reasonable for people who live outside the US. So I don't expect you guys to get them.

For those of us that live within the US, DCs will be required! That means shipping will have to be done in padded envelopes (either the kind you buy at the PO or at an office supply store) or in a small box (like a cassette tape box from the PO). If you live in the US & you can't/don't want to spend about $1.50 to $3.00 a box with DCs, don't sign up!

I'm very excited about round 2!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Faerietail
Wing-Maker Extraordinaire

When force is gone, there's always Mom. Hi Mom!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2005 06:35:25 AM »

Hurray! I'm waiting for feedback on my first swap, but if it comes in before the sign ups for this one, I'm so totally in Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Buy some fairy wings! - www.faerietail.com
Buy hand spun yarn - fey.etsy.com
prettyinskulls

i gave my heart to rock n roll

View Profile WWW
« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2005 12:09:11 AM »

does anyone know what size the padded envelope should be in order to qualify for DC?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

MyrnaLoy
Queen of All of the World

I never spoke to warn the Ghost Tart of Stockholm

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2005 08:41:37 PM »

oh you know I'm in
THIS ROCKS   Logged

yes please! I'd love to swap ATC's with you.
kaleesi
Craftaholic

Rae'Lynn Grace - 5 months old

View Profile
« Reply #25 on: September 05, 2005 03:49:00 AM »

Lurking...
Deciding....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I have a gorgeous granddaughter Smiley

Not allowed to craft without supervision Wink
God is big enough.....
Avian Flight
« Reply #26 on: September 05, 2005 11:29:22 AM »

What if I'm a reliable swapper and I'm willing to spend money for boxes/packages with DC but go to a college in the middle of no where and am not sure whether I can get a DC from a post office or not? (I usually mail packages within my school mail system which gets picked up..) I really really want to participate! I've done swaps before without delivery confirmations or tracking numbers before and all my packages arrived. (i just finished the miyazaki swap but status has not been placed yet, you can check the thread if you want).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Wists
eula.wordpress.com - updated frequently! (food and bento)
kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #27 on: September 05, 2005 11:54:55 AM »

all US Post Offices will have the Fluorescent Green PS Form 152 - if it is not PS Form 152 it is not a DC. This form will only cost you $0.45 or $0.55 cents on top of how much it cost to deliver. http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/extraservices/deliveryconfirmationservice.htm

You can also have these forms delivered for free to your home from USPS.com -  FREE - a lot of people don't realize that they will ship you certain supplies for free.
http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/postal_store_non_ssl/display_products/productCategory.jsp?prodCat=/Shipping+Supplies/Forms+and+Labels
THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
belleaurora
« Reply #28 on: September 05, 2005 01:36:51 PM »

all US Post Offices will have the Fluorescent Green PS Form 152 - if it is not PS Form 152 it is not a DC. This form will only cost you $0.45 or $0.55 cents on top of how much it cost to deliver. http://www.usps.com/send/waystosendmail/extraservices/deliveryconfirmationservice.htm

You can also have these forms delivered for free to your home from USPS.com -  FREE - a lot of people don't realize that they will ship you certain supplies for free.
http://shop.usps.com/cgi-bin/vsbv/postal_store_non_ssl/display_products/productCategory.jsp?prodCat=/Shipping+Supplies/Forms+and+Labels

Wait... so does that mean if you order them and use them, you don't have to pay for DC?   Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kiki*eks
"Alis volat propiis"

if i'm online i am procrastinating

View Profile WWW
« Reply #29 on: September 05, 2005 02:44:11 PM »

Wait... so does that mean if you order them and use them, you don't have to pay for DC?   Huh

NO - You order them if you think you will be sending out a lot for swaps (you will have your own stash so you don't have to fill them out in the Post Office) you take your filled out DC form to the PO and then the postmaster will charge you either 45cents or 55cents to use it on top of how much it is to send.
It is free to order the forms and have them delivered to your home. That is if you think your post office ran out or does not carry them. 

If you send 2 day priority you will be charged an extra 45 cents for the DC, if you send 3 day first class then its 55 cents for the DC. It's usually cheaper just to do First Class and the 55 cents.
example: sending a 4 oz padded envelope from Portland, OR to San Mateo, CA
2 day Priority at $3.85 + $0.45 for the DC = $4.30
3 day First Class at $1.06 + $0.55 for the DC =$1.61

the only way you would pay more then .45 or .55 cents is that you are using the wrong form and might be using a Certified Delivery Confermation.

You can use Delivery Confirmation with:
First-Class Mail Parcels - Envelopes and small packages weighing 13 ounces or less. Applies only to boxes or envelopes measuring at least 3/4 at thickest point.
 Priority Mail - Cost effective delivery in an average of 2-3 days.
 Package Services Parcels - Send small and large packages, envelopes, and tubes. Includes Parcel Post, Media Mail, Bound Printed Matter, and Library Mail.
 Standard Mail Parcels - Items weighing less than 16 ounces can be sent at discounted presorted and automation rates. Available only for pieces subject to the residual shape surcharge and mailed at the Electronic rate.
 Parcel Select - Send large volumes of packages at a discount.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2005 02:46:14 PM by kiki_eks » THIS ROCKS   Logged

The Pink Ladies Pledge is to act cool, to look cool and to be cool, till death do us part, Think Pink!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Learn About Hue/Saturation in Lightroom 2
How to Use The Develop Module in Lightroom 2
How To Create A Screensaver
The Animation Chefs - Episode 5 - How to Lawn Surf
How to Use the Color Range Command - Photoshop CS4 - Peachpit TV
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Marinara Sauce
April 17, 2015 Featured Projects
@Home This Weekend: Upcycled Mini-Cabinet

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...