A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Cookie Policy | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 303,159
Currently Running With Scissors:
409 Guests and 12 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shrinky Dinks in Australia?  (Read 3740 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2005 08:35:00 PM »

I bought a mixed pack - it came with clear, "translucent" - which is like a frosted finish, white, and black.  So far I've used the clear and translucent, but I've seen the white used and it looks really good.

I've found that all kinds of pens, pencils, permanent and non permanent textas, gel pens etc have all worked really well.  One of the things you can do with the LuckySquirrel polyshrink is sand it lightly, and then almost any marker takes to it really well.  Once its shrunk, a light coat of clear gloss - acrylic craft gloss - about $2 from Spotlight, brings the surface shiny again, and the colours are amazingly vibrant and perfect.

I'm loving it.
Pin-Up Wench

I Walked With a Zombie...

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2005 09:08:32 PM »

wow, i'mplannignan adventure to brisbane soon just find this fabled 'warehouse'

When I saw You Piss on the rug, it was then that i knew it was love, true love..

i love craft, weezer, napoleon dynamite, etc.

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 01, 2005 09:57:52 PM »

i'm about to get some from workshop it , the white, i'll let you know how it goes....

i love my rabbit, sam. and he loves me.

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #13 on: June 02, 2006 08:56:06 AM »

anybody feel like sending me some inkjet printer stuff? i will pay you handsomely in craft or funds made of money.

i love personal swaps :: www.osier.com.au
« Reply #14 on: June 03, 2006 10:38:25 PM »

Just went to workshop it (melbourne) today - and they only hv the black sheets left. It's A$14.35 for 6 sheets there. They are not sure when the new orders for the clear ones will come.

Anyhow, some online surfing got me to www.polymerclay.com.au - which has all 4 types of polyshrink - A$13.95 for 8 sheets, but don't know what the postage is.

BlogFlickr  |  Swap info

Join the  Handmade Felt Food  Flickr group.
« Reply #15 on: June 07, 2006 03:57:39 AM »

About the shrinking of chip packets does anyone know how to actually doe this? I mean like how long to leave it in the oven for.
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006 11:35:14 PM »

I haven't done it in years, but when we used to do it I think we'd just watch the chip packets until they were small. And then we'd take it out, let it cool, and take a hole punch to it to make it into a keyring Smiley

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2006 09:49:08 PM »

I found some!  I found some! I found some!  I found some!  I found some!  I found some!  I found some!   Grin
He he.  Can you tell I'm a little excited about it?  I found a little book that comes with four pages of shrinky paper.  The paper isn't big, but hey, the whole deal only set me back ten Aussie bucks.  It will keep me busy while I wait for on-line purchases to arrive anyway.  Oh yeah, it was from Borders.  I wish I'd thought to look there earlier, because I already knew it was an American franchise.  And they do seem to have almost everything.  I figure most capital cities will have a Borders store, but I can assure you Brisbane is out of stock.  I took the last one.  The sales guy there said they are happy to order stuff in for folks.

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
Bond Girl
« Reply #18 on: July 14, 2006 01:33:45 AM »

Thanks for letting us know, Miss_ Vicki, but Borders, really!?  What section of Borders was it in?

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.

"Oh my stars and garters!"

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2006 10:12:09 PM »

Yup!  Borders really.  In the childerns section.  There is a Klutz stand full of fun craft kits and books for kiddies.  There was quilting, sculpey, hair braiding, how-to-draw-Marvel-heros and shrinky dinks.

I heart Hank McCoy

http://www.wists.com/Miss_Vicki                     http://missvicki.wordpress.com/
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Adding Luminosity to an Image
Adding Subtle Colors to a Black and White Image in Lightroom
How to Backup Your Photos on Location
Image Search Engine Walkthrough
Split Toning in Lightroom
Latest Blog Articles
Craftster Quickies: How to Make Spooky Halloween Decorations
Craft Challenge #110 Announced - Halloween Costume Contest!
Tute Tuesday: Witch Hat Fascinator

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...

Follow Craftster...