A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Please remember to SEARCH before asking a question that may have already been answered. Thanks!
Total Members: 297,567
Currently Running With Scissors:
575 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Shrinky Dinks in Australia?  (Read 3266 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Rock_n_rollKitty
Pin-Up Wench

I Walked With a Zombie...

View Profile
« on: September 01, 2005 12:27:24 AM »

Anyone know where to find them? No one seems to have any idea what I'm talking about. I remember you used to get little shrinky-dink-ish charms in your King Wheeties breakfast cereal packs, but that was a very long time ago.

Can anyone help!?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When I saw You Piss on the rug, it was then that i knew it was love, true love..
Bond Girl
« Reply #1 on: September 03, 2005 01:37:48 AM »

I started this thread after reading about them on this forum:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=36065.0

Hope this helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'm very into Britney Spears' early work, before she sold out, so mostly her, um, finger painting and macaroni art.
Rock_n_rollKitty
Pin-Up Wench

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2005 06:16:09 AM »

Hi,
i remember the Weeties shrinkies! The only similar thing I find when I do searches on the net is a special plastic you can get from craft shops that you can draw on and cut up into shapes and then shrink.

I do also remember that when I was a little'n (god that was long ago!)we used to shrink Samboy chip and Twisties packets in a really low oven to make little shrunken charms of the chip packets! They were really cool and cute!
They might make the packets out of different stuff now though...
Its worth a try...
Hope that helps...  Grin

haha, u can make the shrinky chip packets stilL! i do it out of maltesers and the smith's crisps mini packets! anythign made off that plasticy stuff! But then i went overboard and tried to shrink the remote control for the vcr.... it didn't work, it just melted...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

When I saw You Piss on the rug, it was then that i knew it was love, true love..
Rock_n_rollKitty
Pin-Up Wench

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2005 06:18:43 AM »

I started this thread after reading about them on this forum:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=36065.0

Hope this helps!

i usually always search for everything before i post it... thistime i didn't.... i'm an idiot! but thanks anyway!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brokendove
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2005 05:27:42 AM »

A good craft stockist will have this, we have quite a few sheets left over from our old shop, so they are available

try The CRaft Warehouse in Brisbane
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Website is
http://www.Craftbits.com
http://www.Craftbits.com.au
& now www.craftgossip.com

Free & Funky Craft Projects
Step by Step instructions
Soap & Beauty Recipes
Knitting & Sewing Projects
and 1000's more projects
Rock_n_rollKitty
Pin-Up Wench

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 30, 2005 04:07:38 AM »

A good craft stockist will have this, we have quite a few sheets left over from our old shop, so they are available

try The CRaft Warehouse in Brisbane

Hey sweet, whereabouts is that? I found similar shrinky-dinky stuff at garden city in mt gravatt in an art shop but they had pre-printed butterflies on it... no thanks! >.<
THIS ROCKS   Logged

blytheswideshut
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2005 05:22:48 AM »

Wow - I wish I'd known about Craft Warehouse before....

I looked everywhere (well except for the places that seem to sell it!), and ended up ordering from www.luckysquirrel.com where I ended up getting a large pack (24 sheets) for $13.99 US - which including the postage set me back about $19 AU.  In the beginning I couldn't even imagine how I'd ever use it all, but I'm half way through the packet already, and it's only been on my desk for a couple of weeks.

Rock-n-Roll Kitty are you on the Southside in Brisbane - I'd be happy to sell you a sheet for a $1 if you want to have a try.  I live just near Garden City shopping centre...pm me if you're interested.

I am now planning an expedition to The Craft Warehouse, anyone interested?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Rock_n_rollKitty
Pin-Up Wench

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2005 11:58:01 PM »

I looked everywhere (well except for the places that seem to sell it!), and ended up ordering from www.luckysquirrel.com where I ended up getting a large pack (24 sheets) for $13.99 US - which including the postage set me back about $19 AU.  In the beginning I couldn't even imagine how I'd ever use it all, but I'm half way through the packet already, and it's only been on my desk for a couple of weeks.

Rock-n-Roll Kitty are you on the Southside in Brisbane - I'd be happy to sell you a sheet for a $1 if you want to have a try.  I live just near Garden City shopping centre...pm me if you're interested.

i actually live in toowoomba -lol- but i frequent brisneyland o so often! I'd love to investigate teh craft warehouse!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Rock_n_rollKitty
Pin-Up Wench

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2005 11:59:07 PM »

o i just checked otu that website, did u get clear or white? which do u think would work best?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hertrigger
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Vacation

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #9 on: October 14, 2005 12:04:01 AM »

clear is much better.. i have both and i dont like the white.. i dont know something about it.. on white you have to color with permenant marker and you have streaks and such if you dont do it all in the same path, i just like how clear turns out better

i hope that worked Smiley

you can also get them here: http://www.shrinkydinks.com/

they are really cheap Smiley they also have other colors, like almond and such, but i still <3 the clear!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-- thepromoshop.etsy.com

I am out of state for the month of August. All packages will be sent when I get back home!
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Need to Know: The Return of Penny Loafers, Cheap Eats, and Closed Circuit
8 Mistakes You Should Avoid When Applying Makeup
How To Prep Oily Skin For Makeup
KateBosworthSKII.Mov
Tips For Colored Hair, Lashes and Natural Lips
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...