A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 297,562
Currently Running With Scissors:
363 Guests and 8 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: No Coast Craft-o-Rama Discussion Here!  (Read 4369 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

pumpkingirl
« on: August 31, 2005 07:57:46 PM »

Hey cats! Here's a place to discuss all of your questions about the Craft-o-Rama, whether you be shopper or vendor!

If you are a vendor, we need some stuff from you:
--A 100x100 pixel image/logo/thing and a description for the website. If you go to www.nocoastcraft.com right now and click on vendors, you will see a few people have theirs done already. The sooner you get it in, the sooner the beautiful orb of hype will surround your crafty bizniz.
--A completed ST-19 form stating that you have a Tax ID number.

**Also if you are a vendor, we are scheduling a "Meet N Greet" November 5th, at 9 AM at Columbia Grounds, and we'll have more details to follow. We would love everyone to come pick up flyers at this event to help publicize this as well as possible. We need everyone to pitch in!

**If you want to donate something for the giveaways that will be going on all day, please send me a message or drop your item off at Crafty Planet before November 1st.

**If your business wants to sponsor (read: donate cash or other treats) the event, we would be eternally grateful! Send me a message.

**We are hopefully going to have an after-party for crafters and Craft-o-Rama enthusiasts. Stay tuned! Only THREE more months!! Yay!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
pumpkingirl
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2005 06:32:11 AM »

Hey everyone! Our webmistress Kristen has been busy putting up a list of the AWESOME VENDORS at the Craft-o-Rama! Check it out at: http://nocoastcraft.com/VendorInfo.html

YAY!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
dia.lee
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005 01:28:48 PM »

Great to have a discussion thread at Craftste!
   Was wondering how big are the round tables- so I can start looking for table cloth and plan displays, etc.
 Just an idea but maybe in addition to the soon to be provided No Coast posters, might we make some posters as well?
 Thanks and looking forward to the meet 'n greet!
cheers,
dianne
THIS ROCKS   Logged
pumpkingirl
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2005 03:35:18 PM »

Great to have a discussion thread at Craftste!
   Was wondering how big are the round tables- so I can start looking for table cloth and plan displays, etc.
 Just an idea but maybe in addition to the soon to be provided No Coast posters, might we make some posters as well?
 Thanks and looking forward to the meet 'n greet!
cheers,
dianne
Hi Dianne! The round tables are 5' across. And YES you can definitely start making your own posters! We welcome all the advertising we can get!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 03, 2005 03:19:00 PM »

I'm super excited and nervous about this!  Is anyone else doing this in the U of M area?  If there are others nearby, I think it would be neat for a few of us to have a weekly or bi-weekly "get crap done" night together, to motivate each other and all that jazz.  Anyone interested?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Take that you stupid corn!
dia.lee
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2005 11:55:05 AM »

maybe we could start brain storming about places to post posters, postcards etc for the Craft-o-rama. Might as well get a good head start and get the word out!
 Just to get the ball rolling...

co-ops
coffee shops
library
colleges

I know its general but we can add specific places then have a big list!
cheers,
dianne

An after though...t to use the bookcrossing for MN as a good resource for where to slap up posters-- also would be cool to release a bunch of books the day of the craft-o-rama
http://bookcrossing.com/hunt/1/24/travel_-USA-Minnesota
« Last Edit: September 11, 2005 11:59:15 AM by dia.lee » THIS ROCKS   Logged
pumpkingirl
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2005 05:27:26 AM »

The Crafters Local 612 does have a pretty extensive list of places to flyer since we had to do so during our "vendor drive" in which we somehow connected with all of you! I'll see if I can get that list out to everyone.

Good idea with bookcrossing. I never would have thought of that!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
Valoir

I knew I could make it myself!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: September 13, 2005 01:22:28 PM »

I won't be able to make the Nov. 5 event.  If you can email us when the posters are ready I can pick up and distribute in my area and I can take an assigned area as well.
Valerie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

it's all jewelry all the time!
http://www.valoirdesigns.com
motherofpearl
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2005 08:35:19 PM »

Hello, all!

It's late(for me anyway)and I did try the search engine for this problem but maybe I'm not asking the right question?   I've been trying to make sense of this NCAIS Code thing for the tax ID/registration questionnaire on the sales tax website. What the-?! Is there a specific code everyone would be using as a craft fair vendor,or does it vary? (I figured someone might know since we all have to be signed up with the gov'ment and all.....) And even if you couldn't specifically tell what code, what search trick did you use? I'm not findidng what I need yet. Uh, thanks in advance....!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Valoir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #9 on: September 14, 2005 09:15:39 AM »

to motherofpearl-
I'm pretty sure I used the independent artist category when I ran into the same problem.  Since I make a lot of things, it covers it all. 
Valerie
THIS ROCKS   Logged

motherofpearl
« Reply #10 on: September 14, 2005 11:28:33 AM »

Oh, great. Thanks Valoir. I'll try that.

(9:45 pm + old computer + long day = crabby crafter).

I almost forgot- the vendor page looks great! I wish I'd been a little more fancy -pants with my own presentation, but I'm still a little puffy -from pride. : )
« Last Edit: September 14, 2005 11:33:21 AM by motherofpearl » THIS ROCKS   Logged
meow!
« Reply #11 on: September 14, 2005 11:39:28 AM »

I work at Dunn Brothers in the library in Roseville and I plan on hanging flyers:
Library
Dunn Bros Roseville
Dunn Bros on Grand Avenue
Dunn Bros Downtown St Paul
Dunn Bros Downtown Minneapolis

I think it would be awesome to meet with people for a bi-weekly meeting/crafty get together!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

issue #3 of my zine is out! PM me for a free copy!
dia.lee
« Reply #12 on: September 14, 2005 12:31:41 PM »

For the tax id I just called and talked to a very nice person- it only took a few minutes and a few days later I got all the paper work in the mail.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meow!
« Reply #13 on: September 14, 2005 04:44:00 PM »

who did you call?Huh i need help!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dia.lee
« Reply #14 on: September 15, 2005 11:17:31 AM »

(651) 282-5225
here is the phone number with the link- the gal who helped me was very helpful and even wished me luck with the craft show. Good luck!

http://www.taxes.state.mn.us/taxes/business_taxpayers/business_registration/faq/contents/howtoregister.shtml
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blue_skiesMN
« Reply #15 on: September 15, 2005 03:17:16 PM »

Hey-o. The tax ID thing was stressing me out BIG TIME. I was ready to hire a CPA and everything, but my mom talked me through it (she once had a doll repair biz) and it really wasn't that hard after all. I did the "sole proprietor" option, I think for my NCAIS code I used the gifts/novelty category, and I used the "one time sale" option.

Looking forward to it!
(I'm under "k-collaborative" on the vendor page).
THIS ROCKS   Logged

motherofpearl
« Reply #16 on: September 18, 2005 06:47:47 AM »

Wow- thanks, all! I guess I'm not the only one having IRS anxieties. And a hoot to Meow! in Roseville! I work at the Freight House, you should come in and visit! Well,if you have time off from your everyday life and crafting.....: ) I may have to try the phone option since we need a new computer baaaaad.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meow!
« Reply #17 on: September 18, 2005 12:37:42 PM »

the freight house? where is that?Huh
THIS ROCKS   Logged

motherofpearl
« Reply #18 on: September 19, 2005 11:27:08 AM »

Not to hijack the thread, but the Freight House is the *ahem!* Dunn Bros. corporate store. It's by the 3rd Ave. bridge, near the Depot skating rink.(In Mpls).
But, anyway.......

How is everyone doing with their crafting? I'm trying not to get too wigged out about what/how much stuff I'll have done by fair-time, but it's not working. I'm trying to "craft hardcore" right now. Is that a bad idea? I don't want to get burned out. Any advice?

THIS ROCKS   Logged
pumpkingirl
« Reply #19 on: September 19, 2005 07:04:07 PM »

Hi everyone!! I sent two e-mails out to the vendors today so please check your inboxes and let me know if you didn't receive them. You might need to check your junk mail as they sometimes land there. Anyway, some updates and some reminders. Only TWO MORE MONTHS!! I am saving my pennies and ready to SHOP!

Anyone going to Renegade this weekend? I'll be there shopping! Just getting prepared for our sale, of course!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
hellsbelles
« Reply #20 on: September 22, 2005 03:33:40 PM »

Hi crafters! 

I'm a newbie (8 weeks into this business) and am so excited to be part of the elite team for the December 3 show.  As soon as I heard I was in, I've been telling everyone I know about it and to save the date.  I live very close to the Crafty Planet and would be more than happy to help distribute posters, fliers, etc. 

Also, I can donate a beverage (hot apple cider) and cookies for the event.

Looking forward to meeting many of you in November. 

Elizabeth
THIS ROCKS   Logged

e
dia.lee
« Reply #21 on: September 25, 2005 07:43:16 PM »

Er, didn't get the vendor e-mail. How can I pass along my e-mail address?
Thanks!
cheers,
dianne
THIS ROCKS   Logged
dia.lee
« Reply #22 on: September 25, 2005 07:47:29 PM »

Just sent an e-mail to the nocoastcraft e-mail on web site- sorry for the self answering posts
THIS ROCKS   Logged
blue_skiesMN
« Reply #23 on: October 19, 2005 09:47:48 PM »

Is anyone else stressing even a little bit about the show? I have this recurring nightmare that I show up and I only have like 5 things to sell, so I go out to my car and I'm scavaging Jiffy Lube receipts from my glove box...folding them into paper airplanes and such... Ugh. I need to get to work. For real. Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged

the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 19, 2005 11:13:12 PM »

You and me both!  I'm totally freaking out!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meow!
« Reply #25 on: October 20, 2005 02:22:47 PM »

ditto!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

j-me
« Reply #26 on: October 20, 2005 04:55:14 PM »

I'm glad I'm not the only one!  I am having a hard time getting motivated.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

dia.lee
« Reply #27 on: October 21, 2005 09:48:28 AM »

http://www.mnartists.org/resourceList.do?action=list&rid=224&pid=219

This is the link to the mnartist.org news- would be good to post the craft-o-rama close to the big day.  I also signed up on mnartist and might be a good resource for others as well.
 Any idea how many people could be coming? Any projected number? Just curious!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
stickeravenger

you are the trilobyte in my circus of love.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #28 on: October 21, 2005 11:47:30 AM »

I think we're expecting 750 people, but the onus is really on the participants now to get the word out and ensure that people come--and not just to look! Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged
meow!
« Reply #29 on: October 30, 2005 01:39:53 PM »

i was wondering if i could tag along with anyone (ie carpool) to the meet and greet. i was going with my co-creator but she can't make it and i don't have a car. i can give you gas money. i live in roseville right near snelling and 36.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pumpkingirl
« Reply #30 on: October 31, 2005 03:45:05 PM »

HEY VENDORS!

We are having a little "after party" at Wilde Roast immediately after the craft sale December 3rd. Please join us for some food, wine, coffee, whatever. It's going to be a nice time to take a deep breath and celebrate our accomplishments! Please invite anyone you'd like - it's totally open.

Tracy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
the littlest ninja

Feed that mustache, son.

View Profile
« Reply #31 on: November 06, 2005 08:02:21 AM »

Do we need to make reservations there at all?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pumpkingirl
« Reply #32 on: November 06, 2005 03:48:54 PM »

No, but we will be sending an e-vite to get a "guesstimate" on how many people we're expecting.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
runamok
« Reply #33 on: November 06, 2005 10:45:33 PM »

I was wondering if anyone noticed how tall the tables were at Columbia Manor? I was hoping to get/make a table cloth that would be long enough to hide the boxes I planned to carry things in underneath. (Sadly I realized I hadn't really looked at this just moments after leaving on Sat.) Sorry for the silly question--

Thanks,
Oona
THIS ROCKS   Logged

meow!
« Reply #34 on: November 07, 2005 05:47:09 AM »

how many people were at the meet and greet? i was gonna go and was so excited but i was sick all day and throwing up...eww...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Valoir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: November 07, 2005 10:54:53 AM »

I would love to get the table dimensions as well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pumpkingirl
« Reply #36 on: November 07, 2005 04:42:42 PM »

Sorry guys! I have no idea how tall the tables are! I would say, though, that you could probably sneak over there any time people are golfing - it's usually open.

I was SO EXCITED to see everyone at the meet and greet - seemed like there were at least 50 people there. Hopefully we answered everyone's questions! I just have to give a shout out to all the volunteers, too. We've been planning this thing for almost a year and none of us are getting paid. ; ) 

Oh, and big apologies to anyone who's info we goofed on our posters and postcards. We'll try and get it fixed for the next pressing. Hopefully the customers will still come! That's the really important thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
Valoir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #37 on: November 09, 2005 10:11:17 AM »

How can we get more posters and postcards?  Will there be some available at Crafty Planet?  I have over 200 people on my mailing list.
Thanks
THIS ROCKS   Logged

pumpkingirl
« Reply #38 on: November 09, 2005 12:09:15 PM »

As soon as the posters are corrected we'll get that posted on the site. The postcards have been ordered and should be here any day (and when they are, they can be picked up at Crafty Planet - we'll send an email), but we could not afford to get 200 for everyone. We ordered a total of 2000, which is roughly 34 per person. Obviously some people will want more or less depending on how they want to distribute them. Some of them should be left at area businesses, for sure.

You can also make and print your own advertising. I know one of the crafters mentioned a couple of ideas. She sent personal invitations to her mailing list. Also, she sent an evite to her personal friends, relatives and associates.

Hope that helps!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
dia.lee
« Reply #39 on: November 29, 2005 01:32:43 PM »

http://www.mnartists.org/resourceList.do?action=list&rid=224&pid=219

check it out! O-Rama is listed on mnartists news page- sweet!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
edamame
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2005 09:23:38 PM »

Congratulations to all who participated in the No Coast C-O-R! I was a customer about an hour and a half after it started and it was sooo packed, I was just pulled along caught in the current. Nice work getting the word out. Looking forward to hearing how it was from a vendor perspective...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

hellsbelles
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2005 10:06:38 AM »

Thank you Crafty Planet, Tracy and all of you who helped organize the first ever No Coast Craft-O-Rama!  It was our first show and we were overwhelmed by the positive response to our items and the number of people in attendance. 

Both my husband and I would like to volunteer to help organize the next one so it will not be such a large burden on so few.  We're sorry we couldn't make it to the after party.  We had a last minute invite to a relatives birthday bash and we were already so pooped, but we rode on the high from the show to get us through.  We would love to have a second chance or raincheck date to meet and get to know the vendors we shared our day with, so if anyone is interested after the holiday rush, post a note. 

Thanks again to all of you for making this such a great experience! 

Elizabeth & Maynard Shaw, hellsbelles designs
THIS ROCKS   Logged

e
meow!
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2005 05:27:46 PM »

i agree with helles belles! lindsey and I had a great time and the crowd was amazing! it was our first show too! the response to it was great!

we couldn't make it to the after party either. i had a holiday work party which i had to attend.  i would like to have another chance to meet the crafters as well! i loved everyones table!

i heard no complaints there and i also want to thank crafty planet for such a good show! we should do an outdoor summer show!

Sierra
Plumberry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Valoir

View Profile WWW
« Reply #43 on: December 05, 2005 12:02:59 PM »

I too was really impressed with the turnout - WOW!  And there were lots of shoppers (at least for my stuff) so it was a great day.  I ran out of business cards and gifts boxes, so that tells you that it went beyond my expectations.  Thanks to the organizers!!!!

Valerie

THIS ROCKS   Logged

pumpkingirl
« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2005 05:19:45 PM »

Well I hate to sound too cheesy, but this day was totally a dream come true for me (one of the organizers). I was leery about doing another one due to the time it takes to plan, but I am convinced after the turnout! We had over 2,600 people! Can you BELIEVE it!? Amazing. Thanks to all the vendors too for bringing in their friends, fans, and relatives!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Midwest Craftster!
UNIFORM studio
« Reply #45 on: December 07, 2005 05:35:25 PM »

I want to add my thanks to all of the organizers and volunteers.  You all put in so much work -and it payed off.  What an amazing turnout!  I almost completely sold out of everything I brought-I think 3/4 of it was gone by 11:30am!
I would also like to volunteer for the next one.

And I too missed the after party -there were some small neglected children who needed me- but would be interested in getting together again after the holidays.  I barely had time to run through the sale and see the other tables, much less stop and meet people.

Any one else interested in another get together?

Thanks again everyone.

Martha
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 ... 5 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Update a Side Braid Hairstyle
How to Get Christina Hendricks’s Emmys Hairstyle
Trendy Hairstyles for Kids
Hair Straightening Techniques
Sexy Short Hairstyle Tips
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Banana Pudding
@Home This Weekend: Seed Packet Gifts
Cooking: Honey Month

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...