A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
511 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Funky Coloured Plastic Name Necklace & Star Charm  (Read 36488 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« Reply #30 on: September 12, 2005 05:11:41 AM »

I loveee those! I think I need to make one for everyone I know.. even though I don't think anyone else but me would wear them Wink

I haven't used shrinkydinks before, so pardon my silly question, but when they dry are they hard?  Embarrassed

Yep!

Where can I buy shrinky dinks???  Would Michaels have them?  The necklaces are awsome!!!  My name, Kyra, is so rare that I'm never able to find it anywhere so this project is so neat-o!

I've gotten them at Michaels in the kiddie craft section, and I've also seen them in the scrapbook section.   
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #31 on: September 12, 2005 12:05:06 PM »

My name, Kyra, is so rare that I'm never able to find it anywhere so this project is so neat-o!

Meep! My name is Anushka, but even if I went to Russia to find my name, I STILL wouldn't have it, b/c,

a) it'd be in Russian, and
b) if in English, Anushka is most commonly spel Anoushka (EEEEEEEEEEE!! I do NOT like being called anooooooooshka.)

It's so annoying.
Anoushka, Anouchka, Anusha, Anousha, Anuskha. It's spelt as pronounced.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
gemjams
« Reply #32 on: September 12, 2005 12:41:40 PM »

These are soooo cool! I live in England but don't have the luck of living near a hobbycraft so it's Ebay for me! I love Tatty Devine I was lucky enough to do some work experience for the a few years back! It was the best two weeks of my life they make all their stuff in a little room at the back of the shop AND I managed to get loads of freebies when they were throwing out old stock!!!!! I KNOW! And I could pick anything I wanted in the shop so I went for the classic plectrum necklace which was way before Miss Selfridge and Topshop ripped them off with tacky oversized plectrums(I hold a bit of a grudge as you can see) They were no-where near as good as the ones that at Tatty or that people make on craftster out of REAL plectrums! So anyway these are really good and the girls would be proud of you all (if not a little out of pocket)!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Handmade jewellery, clothing and accessories

http://www.etsy.com/shop/BettyStiletto
scissorchic
« Reply #33 on: September 14, 2005 07:54:43 PM »

Okay, so I ran to my local Michaels and bought a pack of shrinky dinks.  They were only $3.99 for a pack of 6!!!  They were in the scrapbook section just like you guys said.  Well I didn't notice that your page is clear and mine is white.  I tried it and mine isn't as pretty.  I went back and looked and our Michaels doesn't have the clear.   Sad  I guess I'll have to buy some on ebay.  I'll post mine when I get a chance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

nushybum
nushybum the magnificent

Masquerade!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #34 on: September 14, 2005 11:17:13 PM »

Mine are white; I think I'm going to make a charm bracelet with cards on, 'cause I've developed a sudden obsession for the queen of hearts <3
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Shock Paper Scissors - a modern magazine for contempory crafters

Magic Fingers - a craft blog
brena80

She isn't real... I can't make her real

View Profile WWW
« Reply #35 on: September 15, 2005 03:27:31 AM »

Okay, so I ran to my local Michaels and bought a pack of shrinky dinks.  They were only $3.99 for a pack of 6!!!  They were in the scrapbook section just like you guys said.  Well I didn't notice that your page is clear and mine is white.  I tried it and mine isn't as pretty.  I went back and looked and our Michaels doesn't have the clear.   Sad  I guess I'll have to buy some on ebay.  I'll post mine when I get a chance.

Oh!   Did you buy the printable kind?   The printable kind rocks, I use it alll the time.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

scissorchic
« Reply #36 on: September 15, 2005 07:10:55 AM »

No, not the printable kind.  Although I will be buying that one next week.  It was $9.99 and we always get coupons on Wednesdays for Michaels so I'm gonna wait on thoses.  The package says "bright white" and they sort of leave marker streaks when you color them too. Tongue
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Dysfunctional Doll
« Reply #37 on: September 16, 2005 05:15:55 PM »

I thought this idea was too cute, so I made myself one! I've been trying to get my pics on my comp, but they aren't taking. I stinking love my new necklace!  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DysfunctionalDoll.e tsy.com
dysfunctionaldoll.d eviantart.com
loves2experiment
Swap Moderator
Image Reproduction Techniques Moderator

Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Irreverent. Indomitable. Incorrigible.

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #38 on: September 18, 2005 08:24:55 AM »

The directions that came with my package of shrinky dinks did mention that sanding the surface is an option.  However, it was recommended for folks who wish to use colored pencils.  I did wonder what would happen if I sanded the surface and used permanent markers instead.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

...loves to experiment...not a monogamous crafter...

STS Spring Market 2014
00babygirl
« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2005 08:32:57 AM »

Ooh, I wanna try this so much but I don't have an oven that works. Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 16 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Vanilla French Butter Cream Recipe
Torched Marshmallow Icing Recipe
Manhattan Ice Cream Float Recipe
Rum & Coke Float Recipe
Limoncello Ice Cream Float Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...