A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 297,122
Currently Running With Scissors:
675 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Irish Hiking Scarf KAL  (Read 14911 times)
Tags for this thread: cabled  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

funkyhooker
« Reply #50 on: December 12, 2005 08:17:00 PM »

I have been so motivated by all the gorgeous scarves that I decided to get brave and try cabeling.  I casted on this evening and LOOKY!   I'm frickin' good at this!  Grin  I wish I had started earlier,, dad would have totally gotten this for christmas!  not pink of course! ha ha.  But I noticed that a lot of people said theirs was stiff at the beginning.  Mine is turning out fantastically soft.  I'm just using some Caron Simply Soft 'cuz I had it by my chair.  I may turn this into wrist warmers because I already have a killer scarf with this color in it.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011 02:17:02 PM by jungrrl - Reason: fixed picture(s) » THIS ROCKS   Logged

I wist! http://www.wists.com/savagerabbit

-----BEGIN KNITTER'S GEEK CODE BLOCK-----
K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
poppysmum

Mei has arrived! Pic ASAP...

View Profile WWW
« Reply #51 on: December 12, 2005 08:31:40 PM »

I love it when people get excited! Knit on you knitty thing!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
funkyhooker
« Reply #52 on: December 12, 2005 09:08:15 PM »

thanks!  I AM excited.  This was a real confidence booster.  I keep showing it to my husband and even he is impressed!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

K E R Exp+ SPM Wood+ Bamboo ++ Steel+++ Baa+++ Syn-- Nov Lux+ @ Stash+++ Scale+ Fin Ent- FI- Int- Tex+ Lace-- Felt++  Flat Circ+ DPN+++ ML-- Swatch-- KIP+++ Blog SNB+++ EZ? FO? WIP3 F-- DK++ ALT Cr X Sw  
-----
hgflower

happiness is a bowl of noodles :)

View Profile WWW
« Reply #53 on: December 13, 2005 12:53:20 AM »

i know i'm not part of this kal, but i just wanted to add that i finished my first cabled project ever! i did the wrist warmers and they turned out beautifully! i can't wait to tackle the scarf (i plan on making another pair of wrist warmers, plus the scarf as an xmas gift) after tomorrow i can stop worrying about school and just dedicate all my time to holiday crafting! i'm so excited Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

my blog
my wist
favorite new song w/video! onerepublic - apologize
musicmob
have random thoughts? send them my way!
tejer
« Reply #54 on: December 13, 2005 05:20:14 AM »

I'm knitting this scarf at the moment and I went into Gap the other day. They are selling scarves almost exactly like it except for the border and the cables twist in the other direction. Anyway, I thought that it was pretty cool that I could knit something in a shop. Sorry, I don't know how much it was so I can't compare how much it was with mine.

I saw scarves almost exactly the same in JC Penney...except their scarves were all in sparkly yarn (almost like a sparkly lion brand wool ease). I think they were charging $25 for the scarves or something. Oh--I found the link for the hat, but not for the scarf:  http://www4.jcpenney.com/jcp/Products.aspx?DeptID=597&CatID=34988&CatTyp=DEP&ItemTyp=G&GrpTyp=PRD&ItemID=0d34040&ProdSeq=1&Cat=hats&Dep=Women%27s&PCat=Cold+Weather&PCatID=34971&RefPage=ProductList&Sale=&ProdCount=4&RecPtr=&ShowMenu=&TTYP=&ShopBy=0&RefPageName=CategoryAll%252Easpx&RefCatID=34971&RefDeptID=597 here

btw---I love the color of your scarf funkyhooker.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

funkyhooker
« Reply #55 on: December 13, 2005 06:14:12 AM »

Thanks!  It's called watermelon but I'm refering to it as Punky Brewster Pink at the moment.  Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-----
Sewer Rat
Fabric will be my downfall!

View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2006 09:40:26 PM »

Made with Jo Sharp 8-ply in the color "glade."  This yarn is a joy to work with.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organ donation rocks!  Recycle, reuse!
tejer
« Reply #57 on: February 25, 2006 01:54:16 PM »

This scarf is done in lion cotton

THIS ROCKS   Logged

irid3sc3nt

I <3 Halloween

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #58 on: February 25, 2006 08:20:00 PM »

That turned out lovely!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My Etsy Shop
Pinterest
I am interested in Halloween Rinchies!
funkyhooker
« Reply #59 on: February 25, 2006 08:47:00 PM »

yes, just gorgeous!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

-----
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a DIY Beach Cover-Up
Eco-Friendly Seed-Paper Stationery Wish Cards
How to Press Flowers and Display Them
How to Make a Clothespin Picture Wreath
Log Cabin Quilt Block Patterns
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Fleece Puppy Bed
Matchbox Mania!
Spotlight on: Woodburning

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...