A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: When you post a project, remember that you can always click the Modify button to edit the post and add additional information.
Total Members: 302,583
Currently Running With Scissors:
499 Guests and 4 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Irish Hiking Scarf KAL  (Read 14761 times)
Tags for this thread: cabled  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

gaiter_girl

Hullo, My name is Bear. Grrrrrrrrrr.

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 09, 2005 05:47:40 AM »

Silly but quick question...where is this pattern from?  I'm newbie-ish and have wanted to move onto cabling but was a little intimidated by the idea of a cabled sweater (what can I say...I get bored quickly with projects, a cabled sweater would NEVER get finished).

Everyone's scarves are turning out beautifully...I really would like to give this a try.  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My my...aren't we a knotty little girl?
kadreath

best sweater.....ever

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 09, 2005 07:14:44 AM »

Kimmy, my scarf isn't drapey either.  It's more like a cabled plank.  Would using bigger needles make my next scarf less stiff?

i'm not actually knitting this scarf right now, but i live with the guy who is using the kid classic Smiley  bigger needles would definitely make it drape more--you just need to find the happy medium between drapey and hole-y.

Gaiter_girl--at the bottom of the very first post in this thread is a link to the pattern!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kimmy
« Reply #12 on: September 09, 2005 07:32:40 AM »

Oh my goodness, cabled plank is right. I have about three feet done now, and I hope my husband's neck doesn't break when he wears it.

THIS ROCKS   Logged
MmmKnits
« Reply #13 on: September 09, 2005 12:03:39 PM »

Thanks for posting the link to that pattern, Sewer Rat. I can't promise to knit along with you, but I'd love to make that scarf for myself someday (I vowed to finish all my projects for Christmas before starting something for myself, and the way I'm going it will probably be New Years before I get a chance!). Keep us updated on your progress!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
gaiter_girl

Hullo, My name is Bear. Grrrrrrrrrr.

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 10, 2005 04:38:32 PM »

Oh man...just checking back.  Yeah, I'm SOOO blind for not seeing the link. Embarrassed  At least now I know where the pattern is...

*skulks back into dark corner to hide embarassment*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

My my...aren't we a knotty little girl?
atla

I play with string

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: September 11, 2005 11:37:41 AM »

So I'm not knitting this scarf.  I am, however, knitting the complimentary wrist warmers & will knit the scarf soon-ish.  The pattern for the wrist warmers is here:  http://wineandneedles.blogspot.com/2004/12/wrist-warmer-pattern.html

And here's what I have done

The pattern (that is not mine, just one that I came across) is just a modified version of the original, is also very easy, and is just letting me do something small while I wait on yarn to come in for my mum's bday gift.  Plus it's great practice for the actual scarf.

« Last Edit: September 11, 2005 12:30:28 PM by atla » THIS ROCKS   Logged

atla

I play with string

View Profile WWW
« Reply #16 on: September 11, 2005 09:04:06 PM »

Okay, so I finished my wrist warmers a few minutes ago.  They were a great project for my day off

I'm  debating on whether I want to dye them or not.  They match everything right now, which I like, but they're kind of bland, which I don't.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Sewer Rat
Fabric will be my downfall!

View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2005 06:11:34 AM »

Whoa, atla, those look great!  I will definitely make some for Christmas presents.  If you do dye your wristwarmers, please post a pic.  Was the mattress stitch hard?  I've never successfully seamed anything.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Organ donation rocks!  Recycle, reuse!
mayerlove
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2005 07:44:50 AM »

i finished one armwarmer yesterday! it was really easy, they only took me a few hours, and the second one is about 1/4 done. i love the pattern. i used carron simply soft in grey, and added ribbing at the top, too! they turned out wonderful. i love everyone's projects!

sewer rat- the mattress stitch wasn't hard at all, and w/ the pattern, it looks great.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
atla

I play with string

View Profile WWW
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2005 08:11:51 AM »

I second that.  The mattress stitch was surprisingly easy.  This was my first project using it, too.  (since this was my second project ever, and the first was a scarf.)
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 11 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
Pan-Fried Tofu Recipe from Chef Judy Joo
Vietnamese Steak and Asparagus Salad Recipe
Spider Roll Recipe
Rainbow Roll Recipe
Chakin Sushi Recipe
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...