A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Join us for fun, contests and discussions on Craftster's Facebook page!
Total Members: 295,087
Currently Running With Scissors:
644 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you making your Mum for mothers day??  (Read 19988 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

linzasaurus
« Reply #40 on: May 02, 2005 03:03:20 PM »

i have no idea what to make/get my mom  Undecided
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mthompson828

Don't forget to bring a towel!

View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 02, 2005 03:58:39 PM »

Anyone notice that between replies 32 and 33, nearly a year had passed? This thread was begun re: Mom's Day 2004.

Actually, I missed that we were in 2004 time!  I had a near heart attack when I read the post that began, "So, Mother's Day is tomorrow..."  I thought I'd missed it!!

I think I'll whip up a knitting needle case - my mom's just getting into knitting.  I've picked up a whole bunch of knitting needles for free/cheap from tag sales, thrift shops, etc., so I'll probably put some of my duplicates in it for her to work on building her stash.  Also maybe some cheap/nice yarn from the bargain bin at my LYS - mom's a little short on cash, so she should appreciate a stash builder.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
tinathellama
Oh man!

I am the Depleted Uranium of Feminity!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #42 on: May 02, 2005 04:10:00 PM »

It's sort of a long story... but my mom was saying she should get a cane so she can beat people off with it when she is walking the dogs (she was sort of joking). So I bought a nifty one from the $1 store and I painted it black with flowers. I will post a picture soon!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

\m/
highschoolcrafter
« Reply #43 on: February 25, 2006 02:42:04 PM »

another time jump in this topic, just wanted to see if anyone had ne more ideas for mothers day this year? ive gota few i think, but since theres some time i wanted to start thinkin early, so i can make sumthin really cool  Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Adrienne
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2006 07:52:06 AM »

yeah i also want to make something really cool. actually i want to make 4 cool things.

one for my mom.
one for my boyfriend of 4 and a half years' mom.
one for my grandmother who will be spending her first mother's day without a husband. Sad
one for my other grandmother who is 89.

any help?

they are all awesome ladies and 3 of them are pretty hip and feministic.
my 89 year old nan is not...but come on! shes EIGHTY NINE!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Touch not the cat bot a glove.
javastain
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

javastain

Hello MC

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #45 on: March 08, 2006 08:23:22 AM »

Ok, so this is funny how this topic get refreshed every year about this time! My mom passed away (brain cancer) in 1999. But I still think about making her something every year! I also now am blessed with a mother in law, so I can make her something!

Anyway, here are some ideas hope something sounds good to you or you get inspired at least!!!
***An idea to go along with your flowers (crochet, duct tape or otherwise)... you need a stem you can write on or ribbon, and tie the ribbon at the base of each flower... then write a chore or task that you would do for your mom, like wash the front windows, or clean the garbage can, or wash her car, or paint her toe nails, things you know she would really like, then get a card or make one, and use the following poem;
   Roses are red
   Violets are blue
   Pick a chore
   And I'll do it for you!
so she picks a flower every day for a week, or every time you see her and you do a little chore for her!
*** You could plant flowers you grew from seeds for her
*** Bring her lunch at work in front of all her friends!
*** Have soemone take some pictures of you, and make a frame (I bet your mom doesn't have any current pics of you! Wink ) Or even give her a wallet size pic of you, go to one of those kiddie places and get a 'pro' pic taken, it is like 14 bucks to have a sheet printed at Walmart, and who knows maybe your dad (father's day) or gramma, or hubby might get one too!
***pillow case, make a pillow case, in any way, get a plain one and embellish (screen print, embroider, fabric paint), or get some cool print and make it
*** embellish a little mirror to hang from a ribbon or beaded string like wall art
***mixed CD

If I think of anything else...

THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please use the Help Desk for moderator questions.  I'm not currently available full-time.  Thanks!

I'd love to send you some hand spun for a poppet!

yep
nolitastarr
« Reply #46 on: April 28, 2006 02:54:19 PM »

Hi !

(I am brand new here, and moreover I am french and don't speak english perfectly ... so excuse me if I make some mistakes ^^).

Well, I am 17 and don't have money anymore, my father even lends me some money because I wanted to buy a digital camera ... The problem is that I must offer a present for Mother's day - and moreover, it is her birthday some days after the French date for Mother's day (May, 28th). So I mus find TWO ideas of gifts, and I even don't get one :-D

She is rather traditional, loves patchwork, flowers, couture, and old pretty things to decorate the house. She isn't interested at all in jewels, clothes, or fashion things. I read all the posts of that topic, and the idea of planting flowers for her is a good idea but perhaps a bit ... usual. I'd something a bit odd ^^ (But I'm not very talented to do handmade things !)
I also thought about taking pictures (with that brand new digital camera  Grin) and to stick them in a handmade journal, pictures of me and my daily life, but it isn't very interesting since she lives with me, and since the things she doesn't know ... are my secrets.

So I am a bit lost and looking for ideas ... If anyone can help me, I'd be really thankful. I need a brilliant idea  Tongue
Thank you !

PS : You're all do fantastic things and it makes me dream that one day I can also do gorgeous things like you do.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
StarFire
Maker of Things.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #47 on: April 29, 2006 11:18:01 AM »

I just got my Sublime stitching patterns yesterday and my grandma is getting a set of Days of the week tea towels (thanks Kmart) with Jenny's silly veggies embroidered on them.  This is her Mothers Day/Birthday combo gift since I wont see her until June or July, most likely.    AS far as my mom and other grandma, Im gonna get some nice potted plants for them...or pot some myself in pretty pots.  We'll have to see what my schedule with work calls for.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I can do personal swaps!  ^_^

Pinterest!  http://pinterest.com/dmlinc2179/
kahluakiggy
Tirelessly working to raise the next generation of Craftsters.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #48 on: May 10, 2006 11:47:30 AM »

My mom and MIL are both getting the same thing, assuming I get off of Craftster long enough to make it!  lol  My kids are each going to do 4 handprints in clay: one each for my mom, my MIL, my brother's wife (they live 10 hours away and we only see each other once a year or so - they're coming up on Sunday:D:D), and me.  I am going to attach the handprints to a long strip of fabric, ribbon-like, only stronger, because I have 4 kids, and I don't know if ribbon will hold 4 clay handprints  lol, and make a wall hanging.  Yeah...
 Oh, yeah.  And as they both loved the Jordy bag I just made, they will both be getting one in different fabrics from me.  Smiley
« Last Edit: May 10, 2006 11:50:43 AM by kahluakiggy » THIS ROCKS   Logged

What doesn't kill you makes you stranger. --The Joker

After all, to the well-organized mind, death is but the next great adventure. -- Albus Dumbledore

Sokka: My first girlfriend turned into the moon.
Zuko: Thats rough, buddy.
wittyandcreativex
« Reply #49 on: May 13, 2006 11:49:36 PM »

i am in the process of making my mom a flower pot pen thing with reasons why i love her attatched. yay :]
THIS ROCKS   Logged

oh my squash!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 8/10
How to Crochet a Waffle Cable Stitch Part 5/9
How to Crochet a Waffle Cable Stitch Part 6/9
How to Crochet a Waffle Cable Stitch Part 1/9
How to Crochet a Vintage Baby Hat Part 6/10
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Fairy Garden
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: 30th Birthday Tattoo
April 17, 2014 Featured Projects

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...