A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
News 05/06/14: Craftster has gone mobile!  Read the big news here!
Total Members: 296,709
Currently Running With Scissors:
627 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: What are you making your Mum for mothers day??  (Read 20341 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

nolitastarr
« Reply #50 on: May 14, 2006 10:09:39 AM »

I finally did a box for my mother (http://vaderetrotomorrow.blogspirit.com/archive/2006/05/08/la-galere-de-fete-des-mere.html), I did an abcdaire very little and very cute ; and now I am doing a collage on a flower ot ... But it's not over. I'll post pictures.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
DragonEyze
« Reply #51 on: May 14, 2006 10:49:40 AM »

I stayed up dipping strawberrys in chocolate & white chocolate.  Its a good thing Mom's love what you get them no matter what, I think I sort botched the white chocolate.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Time you enjoy wasting, was not wasted."
John Lennon
nghna7t
« Reply #52 on: May 15, 2006 06:34:07 AM »

I made the same thing for my MiL, Grandmother, and mom - very simple, turned out very cute. Took plain sweatshirts, cut off the wrists and bottom ribbing, and then cut in half down the front.  I turned all the raw edges under and inch and used the honeycomb stich on my machine with an obvious thread color.  turn the ribbing around the neck down so it's folded in half and stich that with the machine - I added some iron on appliques and voila - took about 45 minutes for each one and they loved them.

Unfortunately you can't find sweatshirts out of season so I had to order them online - no problem, found them for $6 but because I waited too long I had to pay $20 to get them shipped in time!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I may grow old, but I will never grow up!
x0xmanda
« Reply #53 on: May 05, 2007 03:59:09 PM »

yay time gap again!!
i'm thinking of making some earring for my mom, and baking some cookies. im only 15 so i cant drive anywhere and get her something sneakily, she'd have to take me lol. i'm also completely BROKE.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moo!
Suriah
"I would love to talk dirty to you in bed...

....with perfect grammar, of course"

View Profile
« Reply #54 on: May 05, 2007 04:21:40 PM »

manda,
     I know what you mean about the broke part Cheesy  When I was younger and lived with my mum and couldn't drive I would usually get her a present at work (aka books)  but she always liked the cards I made her best.  If you do any crafting or scrapbooking you will already have all the mats and skills you need!  Try using fun, free/cheap stuff if you don't have any of those fancy expensive supplies from jo-anns.  Parts of magazines, postcards, scraps, things like that- all mums seem to like anything that you put time and effort into, even more than a purchased gift.  Or one year, after I had recently learned to knit I made her a cute little belt which could also be a skinny scarf when it is cooler outside.  If I have some brilliant ideas I will let you know Cheesy
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Suri~

"When vegetarians grow up, they become vegans"

"Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, "I've lost my electron." "The other says, "Are you sure?" The first replies, "Yes, I'm positive..."
x0xmanda
« Reply #55 on: May 05, 2007 04:38:52 PM »

thanks so much suriah!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moo!
cherryrose
« Reply #56 on: May 06, 2007 08:47:04 AM »

Mothers day is four days after my mothers birthday this year so I just made something small, a key chain hanger from felt, which colors match with the new wallpaper in the hallway.
I'm also thinking about making a paper bag scrapbook but I still live with my parents so  it depends on how much time I get alone at the house really.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

*I'm up for personal swaps!*
http://www.wists.com/cherryrose
Suriah
"I would love to talk dirty to you in bed...

....with perfect grammar, of course"

View Profile
« Reply #57 on: May 06, 2007 10:31:38 AM »

Cherryrose~
The felt keychain is a cool idea.  You should post a picture when you're done so we can see it Cheesy  And what do you mean by a paper bag scrapbook?  Are you using paper bag paper for the pages?

I still don't know what I'm giving my mum LOL.  Last month I bought my very first NEW sewing machine (im in love ::sigh:Smiley  So I think I'm going to sew something for her Cheesy  Maybe another purse...but she has so many...  I don't really have enough money to go fabric shopping (although that has never stopped me so far.....) so I'm trying to figure out something to do with my stash.  I did see a neat idea somewhere where someone just took the back pockets off their jeans and then did fun decorative stitching on them before sewing them back on.  It made them look "designer".  I wonder if I should really take apart her jeans without telling her though....heh.  Anyways, finals are this week so after wednesday I will have lots more time to think!!  Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~Suri~

"When vegetarians grow up, they become vegans"

"Two hydrogen atoms walk into a bar. One says, "I've lost my electron." "The other says, "Are you sure?" The first replies, "Yes, I'm positive..."
cherryrose
« Reply #58 on: May 07, 2007 02:31:30 AM »

I've already finished it! and yes a paper bag scrapbook is made out of paper bags! You could search for it, there are lovely ones on this forum!
And maybe an idea for others: Last year I painted her a picture of a cow, since she likes them, she really loved it!

this is the key chain hanger, front and back:
« Last Edit: May 07, 2007 02:43:42 AM by cherryrose » THIS ROCKS   Logged

*I'm up for personal swaps!*
http://www.wists.com/cherryrose
x0xmanda
« Reply #59 on: May 07, 2007 03:01:51 PM »

i finished one of the pairs of earrings!! Check em out in their thread:
http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=169144.msg1725388#msg1725388
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Moo!
Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
The Demonolgist from Andrew Pyper
Fran Byrne Performs His Poems "Nerve Cell" and "Science Soulmates"
Bridget Minamore Performs Her Poem "Kings College Hospital"
On the Road With Atria’s Great Mystery Bus Tour
Anne Easter Smith on Richard III
Latest Blog Articles
Tute Tuesday: Art Pen Case
Sock It To Me!
Meatless Monday: Kale and Edamame Salad

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...