A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Curious if a project is for sale, or if someone wants to do a private swap with you?  Please Personal Message the member rather than posting on the thread.
Total Members: 299,182
Currently Running With Scissors:
697 Guests and 21 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: School Storage ideas  (Read 574 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

sarahk
« on: August 31, 2005 09:08:36 AM »

I'm off to school in like 4 days and I'm worried that i won't have much room for all my stuff. There are still boxes yet to unpacked from when i moved home in June! So i got tons of stuff! Any ideas on how i can make more space for all my clothes and shoes???
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

Im a Barbie Girl! In a Barbie World...

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005 09:54:32 AM »

I have a few questions, before I can help:

Which do you have more of: Wall Space or Floor Space?
Do you have a budget?
Are all of your things you have essential or will you be willing to get rid of some?
How big is your room?
What are your main things to work with, ie. desk, corkboard, etc.?

I already have a few ideas for you, I just didnt want to write out a huge long thing and then you say...Oh well I have no floor space! LOL  Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
sarahk
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005 10:12:17 AM »

Yeah i should have added more info! HUH! My room is a nice size (a room in the attic of an old Victorian home) I like to keep more on the wall and less on the floor. I have a desk, single bed and dresser in the room. My closet is TINY. I'm trying to get rid of some of my stuff now...hopefully i can send some of my clothes to the victims of the hurricane in New Orleans. so pretty much looking for ideas to increase hanger space and find somewhere to stuff all my girly makeup and hair products! And of course my shoes!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005 10:15:43 AM »

Do you have a certain style you like your room??
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
sarahk
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005 10:30:29 AM »

Not really. I like colorful, clean, and neat. If that is a style?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005 10:46:27 AM »

Ok..LOL just one more question for now. Does your closet have doors that are on hinges or is it like one of those "folding" door tyoes?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sarahk
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005 11:24:54 AM »

It has a door that opens like a door to a room. Maybe i can put a shoes rack or something on it
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005 11:47:40 AM »

That was my idea. You didn't mention if you were on a budget or not, but I am assuming you are. 

I would say you should deffinitley check out some shoe racks because that will be a big help and It gives you a lot more space on the floor for storage. I bet Target and/or Walmart has some for sale that are cheap.

I am thinking you most likey have a shelf above you closet...No? If not then you will probably have to disregard this idea, but oh well. You can get cheap wicker baskets or even just bins. Label them and put all of your things such as Hats and Bags. That will look very neat and keep them from overflowing your closet.

If you have limited closet space, I would reccomend getting a second bar pheraphs.

It would be really usefull if you got a chest and put it at the bottom of your bed where you could store craft supplies, fabric, blankets, or clothes. It's a great investment.

Here are some baskets you can put on your walls to store magazines or books from PBteen:
http://ww1.pbteen.com/cat/pip.cfm?snav=1&pkey=corgsto&gids=p933&ctid=orgsto&area=shp

And here are some of those ones i was talking about putting above your closet:
http://ww1.pbteen.com/cat/pip.cfm?snav=1&pkey=corgsto&gids=p492&ctid=orgsto&area=shp

Also be sure to get a hanging belt organizer. It keeps your belts neat and hangs in your closet so it dosent take up much space, Here are two from Amazon.com:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B00024JVHC/qid=1125513827/sr=1-4/ref=sr_1_4/104-0580661-9286307?v=glance&s=kitchen

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/B0000ZU3J8/qid=1125513827/sr=1-6/ref=sr_1_6/104-0580661-9286307?v=glance&s=kitchen

Also here is a coat rack that is very cool, I thought you might like:
http://ww1.pbteen.com/cat/pip.cfm?snav=1&pkey=csalacc&gids=p717&ctid=salacc&area=shp

I dont know if this was what you were looking for in help, but that was just my two cents. If you have any more questions or anything I'd be happy to try and help.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2005 11:57:43 AM by Retro_Turtle13 » THIS ROCKS   Logged

Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005 11:48:45 AM »

Also you might want to move this topic to the Interiour Decorating section of the forum, because I bet you will get a lot more feedback there instead of here.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 11/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 14/29
How to Crochet Baby Booty High Tops Part 15/29
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 6/12
How to Crochet Baby Booties in 20 Minutes Part 5/12
Latest Blog Articles
Handmade Gift Ideas: Hippogriff
Handmade Gift Ideas: Exploding Needle Box
Handmade Gift Ideas: Japanese Shibori Dyeing

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...