A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,792
Currently Running With Scissors:
751 Guests and 34 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: HELPPPP last-minute school concern!!!  (Read 442 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

samcris2008
« on: August 31, 2005 08:01:00 AM »

well first of all, i know im such a procrastinator for doing this all last minute, cuz i start school in less than a week Undecided, but im soooo anxious to go. sooo in my school there are three floors, my locker is on the top floor, and 5 out of 7 of my classes are either on the main floor or the bottom. so i barely have time to run up to my locker and grab my notebook/binder for whatever class i have next. so i want my load to be light as possible, because i will be carrying my stuff around with me. i dont carry around a backpack, because it just seems super-geeky to do (and also whenever i wear a mini skirt, it tends to lift it up and show off my butt  Tongue).

i have all honors classes this year, therefore i get tonsss of homework and notes. so i need a way to carry all my notes/homework for that particular class and others if i cant go to my locker. i want to get a spiral notebook cuz a binder is quite large for my small figure, and also quite on the heavy side, but the thing is--- i want to be able to take notes out and put back in....

i feel bad that this post is soo long.. but i had this problem last year and it really sucked.
i appreciate GREATLY any suggestions and ideas!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it would REALLY make my school time more enjoyable and easier!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
zippecar
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005 08:21:26 AM »

Does someone have a copier that you could use to make copies of your books by chapter or unit, one year I managed to get four pages of a smaller textbook on one sheet of paper using 2 sided function and then I only had to carry a chapter at a time rather than lug the entire book around.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Please spay or neuter your pet!!!!
sarahk
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005 08:26:18 AM »

I love a clip borad. Notetote has a great one out this year ( i got mine at Staples) Why don't u use that to take notes and then transfer it into a binder filled with all the notes from one class. If u can copy ur book pages and have them ready for each class then you could be set.
Good Luck in School this year!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
uber-crazy
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005 08:43:26 AM »

im going to have a problem with books this year too.tonnes of books and a far away locker. What im going to do i use a dou-tang for each class, and when we are finished each unit, you can use a new dou-tang <i've done this before and it actually helps with studying>
hope this helps
-D-
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Grade 11 is poopy! Breakfast Club and A Night At the Roxbury - both kick serious butt - Woot
thommoose
Moose

mind if I borrow your light green Sharpie?

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005 08:52:04 AM »

My solution to this (considering my HS was a sprawling campus- and Honors labs were always WAAYYYY down on the opposite corners of the campus) was to use manilla folders to hold the day's required items for each class- and keep a binder at the locker with those clear-page protector pockets...  I could load up the page protectors with a chapter/unit when I was done with it- and move onto another one...  Kinda a $$$ solution- but it worked wonderfully...
Also- if- and only if you're a super geek--- you can find pdf versions of a lot of text books these days- and load them onto a pda. (Yes, I did that in college- I'm a dork, I know.)  My Journada carried everything for a semester's worth of classes- and I could synch it to my pc at the dorm...
On the clip board side--- can I recommend the aluminum kind that have a "box" on the bottom to hold other loose pages, pens, even a small book?  You can find them at Staples and such- and they're amazingly handy--- and aluminum, so they're light and shiny.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"...those that matter do not judge and those that judge do not matter..."  -unknown

"Can I do this? Or do I look like some sort of gay superhero?" - Sterling
momof2angels
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005 09:31:51 AM »

If you are still wanting to do a spiral for your classes, instead have you thought about the pocket folders with brads?  You can get them in the plastic type stuff so they would last longer, and you could put dividers so you could use the same one for all of your classes.  At the end of the day, you could transfer your notes to a binder.

Good luck,
Carmen
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Make a Pork Roast
How to Make Stuffed Pork Chops
How to Make Pork Chops
Pork Recipe Collection
How to Make Herb Rubbed Pork Chops with Fire Roasted Sweet Potatoes
Latest Blog Articles
Cardboard Tube? Craft Supply!
Spotlight on: Art Dolls
Meatless Monday: Texas Pecan Pesto

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...