A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can now organize your bookmarks into folders!  Read more here.
Total Members: 302,547
Currently Running With Scissors:
707 Guests and 28 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Parents helped out big time!!  (Read 1053 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

aliasgracie
« on: August 31, 2005 07:19:26 AM »

I just separated from my husband and moved out on my own, it was a good separation and my ex and I are still really good friends.  My parents have helped me paint my new place (my kitchen is orange!!) and the paid for the paint.  Then they bought me groceries, kitchen stuff area rug etc... they spent about $400.  My parents aren't wealthy and work hard for their money and won't accept cash in return. 

My parents love spending time together, they love their yard.  My mom is going through a tough time, as her family is...well crazy, and are not talking to her.
Help me make something special please.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Common sense is the collection of prejudices
- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
Happychick
« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2005 07:31:33 AM »

how about a gift basket w/some homemade jam (sorry, jelly!), seeds, plant pot, trowel, homey things, or you could go to the other extreme, and give them a luxurious gift basket, w/champagne, nice chocolates, cheese + biscuits, wine, that kind of stuff.
Also you could cook them a nice meal, or give them a gift voucher to a nice resteraunt.
xoxox
Happychick
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Lv2ScrpBk
-~Alicia Ann~-

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2005 07:37:26 AM »

I was also thinking romantic things, how about.. "Night In in a Box" (I can never think of good names). Besides the mentioned you could include candles, bubblebath, supplies to make pasta, anything romantic. Or on another note what about a gift certificate for a massage or some spa type thing.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"If you get the chance to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance."<br /><br />"To Err is Human, To Forgive is Devine"
Retro_Turtle13

Im a Barbie Girl! In a Barbie World...

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2005 10:11:07 AM »

I don't know if you have the money to pay them back or not, but you could get them a night at a really nice hotel with a spa and let your dad go golfing for the day(if hes into that) or just like a little country club. You could also just clean, cook, and do little favors for them. Sorry my brain isnt exactly flowing with ideas right now, but I will keep thinking about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
aliasgracie
« Reply #4 on: August 31, 2005 12:04:58 PM »

Thanks for the suggestions, I would love to send them to the spa, my budget is a little tight and with the fuel prices on the rise it just got tighter!!  I do like the idea of cleanning for them though.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 31, 2005 12:11:57 PM »

Maybe you could make your mom a spa at home?! You could use your craftiness to make her some homemade soaps and bath fizzies. Maybe make her a CD of calming music and give her a mani/pedi while you have some girl talk. Smiley Oh and bring your dad a good movie, that book he has been dying to read, and his favorite desert. I bet they would appreciate that. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Visit Grannyscupboard.net for great bath products made of all natural ingrediants. Soaps,Bath Balls, Shower Gels, Bubble Bath, Luxurious handcrafted soaps, and more. They are all at your fingertips! Go now!
aliasgracie
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2005 12:37:25 PM »

OK those are terrific!  Thanks!  I can make her lattes too.  (She loves them).  Dad is a movie buff maybe I can afford tickets to a show for him and mom's date night.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

- Albert Einstein

50 things 6/50
Retro_Turtle13

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2005 12:38:38 PM »

Great! I hope it all goes well!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

GloryB
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

I have a sewing machine, and I know how to use it

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2005 12:44:06 PM »

Since you parents helped you financially, I am assuming that your pretty strapped for cash right now.  I've been on both sides of that fence.  Help them with yard work, I would love it if my daughter mowed the lawn once in while for me, as a way of paying me back for babysitting and occasionally paying her rent.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Eibhinn
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2005 12:51:28 PM »

I'm a poor student with similarly awesome parents who would give me anything I needed.
I help them out with renovations and cleaning on their house, yardwork, etc. I also like to cook for them every once in a while (not very often because I'm vegetarian and they are really meat and potatoes-type people). I also hem and repair clothes for them. You could ask them if there is anything for their garden that they might want to do- like install a new flower bed or paving stones: the type of things they might be wary of doing because of heavy labour... I can always tell mom and dad know how much I appreciate them because I'm always trying to find stuff to do for them.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a 5 Stitch Ruffle Border
How to Crochet a 4 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 2/3
How to Crochet a 5 Chain Ruffle Border
How to Crochet a 4 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 3/3
How to Crochet a 5 Inch Hole Christmas Tree Skirt Part 1/3
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer
Craft Challenge 101 Announced - Stash Buster

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...