A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have an idea for improving the Craftster swap process?  Suggest and discuss it here on the Talk About The Swap Process board.
Total Members: 297,440
Currently Running With Scissors:
481 Guests and 13 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Tons of really nice leather.  (Read 738 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

StookeyDough
« on: August 30, 2005 03:49:33 PM »

My mom used to work at "Creative Leather".  If you don't know what that is, it's basically a furniture store featuring really nice leather sofas, chairs, ect.  She brought home "samples" of leather for me.  It's really nice, soft and such and couldn't work for something very stable, more as a fabric.  Tough to sew by hand, and I dont really want to ruin my machine.  The pieces all vary, but they are usually like two feet by one, or really small like 6 inches by 6 inches.

thanks in advance.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

lady4feet
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005 06:00:12 PM »

Ohhh I want some, lol. But really your possibilities are endless. You could make some moccasins or you could bind a special notebook or regular book.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

cutout
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2005 01:39:27 PM »

Make cuffs and chokers, cut strips of it and then little shapes out of other colours and glue them on, etc. Like you could make little flowers or ice creams or something! Man I wish I had lots of leather, it's so handy for accessories.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kellyk
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2005 02:33:44 PM »

Buy a leather stamping kit!  Very fun, theraputic and easy results!  I had one by Tandy.  You just wet the leather, then stamp designs in. 
THIS ROCKS   Logged
qt37
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2005 01:09:43 PM »

well you could make a sort of boustie and with leather you dont have to hemm!! if you dont want some ill take it!! but fyi i dont like beige too much or brown i just find them kinda dull. OMG you could make a purse!! its so endless!! make a sirt useing thicker strips or something
THIS ROCKS   Logged
MissKitty
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2005 05:01:22 PM »

I cut strips 3/4" wide out of red, tan, and black leather. Then I wove them together alternating colors and used that to cover the seat of an old bar stool. First i put foam padding on with spray glue. Then I used the spray glue for the leather too, and it looks great.

The foam I had, had material bonded to one side, (It was actually headliner material for cars)  but you could just glue any material in between the foam and leather.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Edit Your First Movie
How to Shoot Your First Movie
How to Make Your First Movie: Using Proper Gear
How to Make Your First Movie: Audio
How to Make Your First Movie: Lighting
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Buzy Bee Activity Chart
Craft Challenge #103 Announced - Foodie Frenzy 2
How to Make Tshirt Rugs

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...