A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you have a crafty tattoo?  We'd love to feature it in our Crafty Tattoos blog series!  Share it with us here!
Total Members: 302,582
Currently Running With Scissors:
670 Guests and 25 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Pillow Case Swap; Everyone received!  (Read 3419 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

kmsmaverick
« on: August 30, 2005 10:11:12 AM »

Swap name: Pillow Case Swap
 Craftster member who is organizing this swap: kmsMaverick
 Sign-up date range: 31 August, 2005 through 10 September, 2005
 Date to send item by: 26 September, 2005

Details of swap: Will you sew or will you stencil? That is the question.

We will be making pillow cases of some sort for our partners. They can consist of two different varieties: sleeping pillows, and couch pillows. The parameters are this: two cases for a bed, or four for couches. I dont want to get too carried away with all the different sizes and styles and varieties of pillows, so Id like to just stick with bed pillows (20x30 or 20x26) and couch pillows (12x12 or 18x18.

You may embellish crafted (sewn) or store bought ones.

Please remember that this forum is allowing store bought items, but that they should be altered to qualify for craftiness, and sewn cases should also have some cleverness other than just two squares of fabric sewn together.

List of partners:
Sporkx71 <--> Dragons muse
sugarhandgrenade <--> bunnygirl82
rayno24 <--> Space Cowgirl
Dixie_Terror <--> MichelleCooley
TTchica78 <--> theatreGirl25
BrokenPencil <--> TheMeowWon'tPurr
SeaOfStars <--> kmsMaverick

Please note that the ship date has not been altered, and the shipping date is still the 26 of September. Note too that a tracking number of some sort is required upon shipping. tracking numbers are available from UPS, fedex, the usps and DHL.

questionarries have been sent, so have a look at your messages, and let me know if i sent you your own questionaire. sometimes i think that copy and paste is not my friend.

hoo hoo hoo!
« Last Edit: September 12, 2005 11:13:50 AM by kmsmaverick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

racehorse87
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2005 10:28:26 AM »

Awwwww...bummer. I'm outside of the US. *sniff*
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brokenpencil
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2005 10:29:15 AM »

This is the perfect swap!!.. I have new bedding that came with only a couplepillow cases and i need a couple more. Andit would be awesome to recive one that will match my new bedding!!. I hope i can do this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged
brokenpencil
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2005 10:29:56 AM »

Cry Cry aww, sadly i didn't read the us participants only part
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Ezri_B
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2005 10:35:58 AM »

Probably a silly question, but are we to send the pillow forms also? Like if we made pillow cases for someone's couch, are we expecting that person to go and buy the pillow forms to fit our case? Am I making sense?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2005 10:38:28 AM »

sorry about the us only thing, i'm not being snooty, i just don't want too many things to worry about. (sheepish)

as for the forms, no, no, this is just for the cases that go on 'em.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

brokenpencil
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2005 10:46:29 AM »

sorry about the us only thing, i'm not being snooty, i just don't want too many things to worry about. (sheepish)

Its alright. I'm organizing my first swap too...however i'm not having problems with the non-us participants. Its going rather Quite well. But i see how you can be worried. I guess i'll check out the gallery when it starts.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
ttchica78

Left handed hooker

View Profile available for personal swaps
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2005 12:48:21 PM »

WAHOO!!!  I can't wait to do this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

bunnygirl82
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005 03:11:10 PM »

This sounds so fun!  I have to wait until I get positive feedback on my first swap (it ends 8/31) and then I think I am going to sign up!  Great idea!! Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged
The Meow Wont Purr
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

Valerian Aquarian

All Is Full Of Love

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005 10:12:59 PM »

Yeayyy this is going to be exciting!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"To be matter of fact about the world is to blunder into fantasy -- and dull fantasy at that, as the real world is strange and wonderful." --Robert A. Heinlein
theatregirl25

I'm not weird, I'm creative!

View Profile WWW available for personal swaps
« Reply #10 on: August 31, 2005 04:41:51 PM »

I just signed up. This sounds like so much fun.

THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Happiness is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you can feel the warmth."

http://crafty-theatre-girl.blogspot.com/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/theatregirl25/
RCKFELLA
Tutorial Contributor

there's no substitute for time

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 01, 2005 11:26:41 PM »

i'm sooooooo sad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i soooooo wanna do this but i barely signed up for my first swap (mp3 cozy) deng it!!!!! Undecided Cry Embarrassed Sad Angry
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2005 05:16:10 AM »

why don't you craft along?

you can make some cases for yourself, and then post them in the gallery whey it goes up.  or you can swap along with a family member- the same idea, craft along with us, and then give them to you sister or to you mom or someone, that way you can get the practice of crafting for someone else's taste.

c'mon it will be fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ttchica78

Left handed hooker

« Reply #13 on: September 02, 2005 06:14:03 AM »

Do I not qualify because I've never swapped before?

= (
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #14 on: September 02, 2005 06:36:16 AM »

I'm sorry, i should have gotten back to you. (sheepish) 

no no, you already meet the requirements, just that this will be your first swap, and a member is limited to one swap only for the first swap. after this one, you'll be able to participate in more than one at the same time (have a look at my profile, you'll see that the black purse was my first, then when it was finished, i went slightly crazy and signed up for lots all at the same time).

this is my first time organizing, so we're all in this together.

: )
THIS ROCKS   Logged

ttchica78

Left handed hooker

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2005 08:10:29 AM »

YAY!!!!  I'M SO RELIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!
I'm MORE than excited to do this!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

michellecooley
just ME

prettymess

View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2005 12:59:22 PM »

Grin  Iam so excieted!!!  This will be my first swap to.....I cant wait to get started!!! 
THIS ROCKS   Logged

http://www.myspace.com/michellecooley

"Ever Day....... has a beginning and an ending......"
kmsmaverick
« Reply #17 on: September 06, 2005 05:38:12 AM »

hello everyone!

here's who has signed up as of yet:
kmsmaverick
BrokenPencil
SpaceCowgirl
The Meow Wont Purr
TTchica78
Michellecooley
Theatregirl25
dixieterror
bunnygirl82

Racehorse87 has expressed interest, i'm just waiting on her questionairre. there are a few more spots to fill, but the signups go through saturn-day.

tell me if you send me a signup and i haven't posted it!

: )
k
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonsMuse
« Reply #18 on: September 07, 2005 11:07:05 AM »

I signed up. Did you get my questionaire?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now. -John Lennon
Wists
kmsmaverick
« Reply #19 on: September 07, 2005 11:53:29 AM »

yup! i received it!

I have two spots open, so i might close the signups early! i won't turn people down, so if people send me signups before i post that it's been closed we'll have a bigger swap. but tomorrow morning if all the signups are pilled, then i'll post that it's been closed.

so if you want to get in, get in now!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

DragonsMuse
« Reply #20 on: September 09, 2005 09:04:19 AM »

Yay! I'm might finally get pillowcases that match the rest of my bedding!  Then I can finally be rid of my  M.A.S.H. pillowcases!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now. -John Lennon
Wists
rayno24
« Reply #21 on: September 10, 2005 08:11:48 AM »

I sent a signup, but I'm not sure if there was still space for me. What's the final tally?
I wanted to be in this so bad, and then got caught up in my first week of school, so I hope I didn't miss out.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Melladh
Jolly doomsday prophet

View Profile WWW
« Reply #22 on: September 11, 2005 10:40:11 AM »

Heh, here it's the 11th already, don't know if it is there, AND it's US only... which I guess is for the best, 'cause I strictly speaking don't have the time to do a swap of this nature, though if I'd joined I'd totally take time away from schoolwork to do this instead XD
Hope there's a round 2 worldwide Smiley 'cause this sounds like much fun!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"That's my lab table and this is my work-stool. And over there is my intergalactic spaceship! And here's where I keep assorted lengths of wire."
rayno24
« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2005 08:50:38 PM »

How do I know if I got in on this or not?
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kmsmaverick
« Reply #24 on: September 12, 2005 07:45:45 AM »

hey all, i am working on the partners today, i will post them before the close of work today or tomorrow.
here is the list of signups.

kmsmaverick (sent) (received)
BrokenPencil (sent)
SpaceCowgirl (sent) (received)
The Meow Wont Purr
TTchica78 (sent) (received)
Michellecooley (sent) (received)
Theatregirl25 (sent) (received)
dixieterror (sent) (received)
bunnygirl82 (sent) (received)
sugarhandgrenade (sent) (received)
Sporkx71 (sent) (received)
Sea of Stars (sent) (received)
Dragonsmuse (sent) (received)
rayno24 (sent) (received)

oh, and don't worry about the turnaround time, i will adjust it so that it is two calendar weeks from the date i post the partners.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2005 05:10:49 AM by kmsmaverick » THIS ROCKS   Logged

rayno24
« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2005 08:59:27 AM »

YAY! I am SOOOO psyched for this.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kmsmaverick
« Reply #26 on: September 19, 2005 05:20:25 AM »

good morning swappers!

it's one week to the ship date, i hope you won't mind shooting me a pm with your progress? mine is somewhat slow, but i have some plans, and a question in to my partner, then i think this thrusday and wednesday i'll sew whilst watching those terrible red sox.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kirbay831
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 19, 2005 05:48:32 AM »

After we see the lovely gallery for this swap, maybe we can work on a round 2.. a worldwide one.. Id want in Smiley And if it wasnt for a month of so.. I could prob organise. (Just mentioning it here, coz this is where ppl will be watching this for awhile) Smiley Cant wait to see the gallery! I love pillows.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
bunnygirl82
« Reply #28 on: September 23, 2005 01:10:57 PM »

Smiley Wow Shocked I got my package from sugarhandgrenade today!  It is wonderful!  I love the fabric!  and there was a bonus, she sent a dream pillow too!  It has lavender inside and it smells like a dream!  Thank you very much!  I love it! Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged
kmsmaverick
« Reply #29 on: September 23, 2005 01:13:05 PM »

hi everyone! i've only heard from a few people regarding their progress, but that's cool, i'm doing my best not to be a complete wet blanket.

i just want to remind everyone before i split work (and this wreched computer) for the weekend that the ship date is monday, and that i will need to have tracking (delivery confirmation) numbers from everyone. i have been made aware by two participants that they may ship late, so i'm hoping that everyone else is feeling ok about hitting monday for shipping.

please let me know if you are not, and also drop your partner a line letting them know too.

so i'm off for the alumni game at college this weekend, wish me luck and no strikeouts!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kirbay831
Regularly Addicted

yes, im baby obsessed, i know.

View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 27, 2005 04:06:19 AM »

After we see the lovely gallery for this swap, maybe we can work on a round 2.. a worldwide one.. Id want in Smiley And if it wasnt for a month of so.. I could prob organise. (Just mentioning it here, coz this is where ppl will be watching this for awhile) Smiley Cant wait to see the gallery! I love pillows.

wow I just realised how rude that sounded! sorry.. it was very late at night =/.. cant wait to see your gallery guys. Smiley
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't do anything by half. If you love someone, love them. If you hate someone, hate them until it hurts." -Henry Rollins
kmsmaverick
« Reply #31 on: September 27, 2005 05:23:43 AM »

wow I just realised how rude that sounded! sorry.. it was very late at night =/.. cant wait to see your gallery guys. Smiley

don't be silly! lots of people wish for round twos! i don't know that i would do the organizing, but i might be a participant. i'm just about to post a gallery, check it out!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #32 on: September 27, 2005 06:11:43 AM »

hello swappers!

i have posted a gallery, because i received my great package from seaofstars yesterday.

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=55357.0
THIS ROCKS   Logged

kmsmaverick
« Reply #33 on: October 10, 2005 05:16:18 AM »

please remember everyone to pm me when you receive so i can update your partners feed back!

also , please note that there has been a tiny glitch  with the feedback form, and it hass been double posted. i am goingto carry on using the feed back dated 10/30/05. i have a message in to the admin regarding this, but i'm still waiting to hear the result.

i am waiting to hear from two participants regarding their shipment. there are also some participants who's tracking number don't produce packages. this is why i need to know when you've received.

Please send me a message so i know where we stand.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [All] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
John Kenney Talks About Truth in Advertising
Paul Yoon on the Inspiration for Snow Hunters
Gabrielle Reece on Why Exercise Is the Answer to Everything
Gabrielle Reece on Finding Balance
Author Gabrielle Reece’s Tips on Marriage
Latest Blog Articles
Spotlight on: Book Making & Binding
@Home This Weekend: Magical Fairy Garden
DIY Summer

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...