A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Did you know you can view all images posted by a member? Learn how here!
Total Members: 296,634
Currently Running With Scissors:
509 Guests and 6 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1]
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Bella Wisteria bedroom set  (Read 1631 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

papertoes
« on: April 20, 2004 06:08:08 AM »

Once upon a time I was strolling through Target, looking for bedding for my apartment...and I happened upon the Bella Wisteria bedroom set.  I don't know if any of y'all have seen this, but it's so pretty!  AND...the blue/lavendar coverlet & shams are the exact fabric that was used to make the bodice of 1 of my ballet costumes!  Except the costume fabric has this pretty floral embroidery in it.   Grin

There is a picture of the costume in the "Butterfly Wings" post under completed clothing projects.  I'll get a better photo of the fabric this weekend when I go home!  

Anyway, needless to say, I've now decided to design a fairy princess room that I would have loved when I was 8, & that I'd love even more now!  I have some fabric left over from the costume: about 1 to 1.5 yards of the bodice fabric and quite a few scraps of the blue/lavendar chiffon that went into the skirt.

I might make a pillow or 2, but I know there are even cooler things I can do with this fabric, and with the rest of the room.  Oh, I also want to hang the wings from the ceiling...or put them on the wall somehow.  I don't know, but I'm so excited about this room!  Yay!

So what do y'all think?  Any ideas would be much appreciated.  BTW, I can't sew.  (Minor detail, right?  Wink )  But I probably won't start this project until this summer, & by that time I'm determined to know how.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't worry about the world ending today.  It's already tomorrow in Australia."  ~Charles Schulz
iciclegirl
Obey the Chuck

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2004 06:53:55 AM »

You could make a cool canopy like this one

http://store5.yimg.com/I/buyhammocks_1785_2732572

Then you could glue or pin little fairies or butterfies randomly all over.  
THIS ROCKS   Logged
beccajo

I Lurve to Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2004 07:11:30 AM »

Paint is nice and cheap-I'd say walls that are light blue and dark blue rolled on with a textured roller.  Use a wadded up cotton rag to make clouds towards the middle, and stencil or freehand Unipegs (my own childhood favorite animal-a unicorn/pegasus), a floating castle, and a nice dragon or two.  

Get a string of white or softly colored lights and flower 'em up by getting cheap-o silk flowers @ the dollar store, taking them apart, and placing the flower petal rings over the bulbs.  Don't leave them unattended, I've had a white roses set for YEARS and never had problems but better safe than sorry!  I strung them 'round my IKEA bed's "headboard" and used them as a reading lamp!

These pendant lights are so cool I want one- enter the 'website' and look for cloud lamp
http://www.mosleymeetswilcox.com/

Mirrors are also very important to a fairy princess-get a good one at the dollar store and hot glue jewelry pieces, mardi gras beads, etc. around the outside frame.

and although you say you can't sew-I bet you could sew by hand if you go slowly enough and work with small amounts of thread.....even if you can't sew there's fusible webbing, or just tying scarves and fabric in cool ways around pre-made pillows.....
THIS ROCKS   Logged

won't you brighten a wee cat's day?

www.eoinadesigns.co m/shop.html
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2004 07:17:16 AM »

Over in housewares somehwere there's a thread on fairy bowers - basically you get one of those mosquito net things (Sometimes places like Claire's even have them in colors) and attach fake flowers around the ring at the top and ribbons that hang down from the ring  and up to where you hang it.

Also - along the paint theme, you could paint the background blue and then paint trees all around your room - so that you're in an enchanted forest.

Ikea has some cool lamps in their kids section in the shape of moons, stars, and maybe clouds.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
papertoes
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2004 01:54:12 PM »

Thanks for all the ideas, y'all!

Shocked Whoops!  I forgot that I'm not allowed to paint...or hang things from the ceiling... ahh!  Thanks for the ideas, though!  I'm definitely going to go all-out with the paint when I have kids & my own house to destroy...and canopies.  If I end up with all boys, I feel sorry for them already!

Beccajo, that cloud lamp is amazing!  It scares me, though, that they don't put the price up on the web site.  If only I could make one...

Since the chiffon scraps I have are really randomly shaped with weird seams through them (we're talking scraps!  Wink )  I was thinking maybe I could attach some to a lampshade & make it all cool & drapey & ragged-looking...& probably burn down the apartment complex while I'm at it.   Roll Eyes

Anything else?   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

"Don't worry about the world ending today.  It's already tomorrow in Australia."  ~Charles Schulz
beccajo

I Lurve to Craft

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2004 02:04:17 PM »

NO PAINT?!?! the horror, the horror.....

well you can always paint on a big canvas.....

As far as gluing to a lampshade-that *should* be OK..just make sure not to cover the top open part of the shade-I made one with ribbons and lace and bound the top edge by hot-gluing some cord over the top raw edge.  Then I used a low-watt bulb, like 40, so it wouldn't melt the hot-glue!

So like working on the top 'ring' of the lampshade, glue longer scraps, then shorter ones on top, then a boa or something fun around it to cover up the seams......

you could also use colored light bulbs to get some fun effects without having to paint.......some cheap clip-lights from the store with pink and purple bulbs in them casting interesting shapes and colors on the wall....hmm.......
THIS ROCKS   Logged

won't you brighten a wee cat's day?

www.eoinadesigns.co m/shop.html
amareluna
Saponification Expert

~It is we who make our destiny, not the stars~

View Profile WWW
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2004 02:11:04 PM »

OHHHH The horrors of a paintless existance! Beat it!

Check out the thread on FABRIC WALL SHEETS  (like wallpaper from fabric and FULLY ABLE TO BE REMOVED!)

http://www.craftster.org/yabbse/index.php?board=6;action=display;threadid=4600
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Saponifier For Serious Soap Makers! | Acts of Creativity My Blog
melidomi
Friend of Craftster Friend of Craftster

knit like the wind!

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2004 11:30:57 AM »

You could also do the trees/castle/whatever things on butcher paper - make them cutouts and then attach them to the walls with poster putty
THIS ROCKS   Logged
Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Crochet a Baby Cap Part 9/13
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 15/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 11/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 12/26
How to Crochet a Beanie Hat Part 13/26
Latest Blog Articles
Winner of Craft Challenge #100-Pottermouth
July 23, 2014 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: Fabric and Felt Bird Ornament

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...