A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: Do you know about all of these Craftster features?
Total Members: 302,518
Currently Running With Scissors:
591 Guests and 26 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: 1 [2] 3  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: Huntsville Crafting  (Read 7606 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

Yarn or Fabric

CraftyDeb ... reincarnated and renamed

View Profile WWW
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2006 01:34:48 PM »

I'm game for a crafty group - the knitting group I found on Yahoo groups by searching for Huntsville knitting or something like that.
northalabamaknitters is their name.
If your foundation chain is too loose, try using a hook 2sizes smaller- that should do the trick for you

Just say when and I will be there.  I do have one person that I taught to crochet that can meet on a Tuesday or Wednesday night next week - and I know of one person who would like to learn... I can give her a call as well.  I am sure she would be game to get out as well.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
tons of sewing & quilting tutorial links[/url
sugarducky
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2006 04:04:24 PM »

I'll have to check out that knitting group.
Next wed at around 8 would be good for me (is that too late? on mon+wed I have school until 7:45 and tues+thurs I have school until 9:45, and I know most people are busy on weekends).
Where do you think we could meet? I'm in east huntsville, but I go to school and work in west Huntsville, so it doesn't really matter to me. I know a lot of knitting people meet in coffee shops. I can't really think of any off hand except starbucks and Kaffeklatch(sp), and Kaffeklatch is too crowded and popular. Boulevard South is nice, not too crowded on weeknights, but i don't know how late they are open. I'll call and see. If you can think of another place I'll call them too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I'd love to do a personal swap sometime. pm me ^_^
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #12 on: June 07, 2006 04:33:19 PM »

I can call the place in BAM - Joe Mugs and see if they know of a group that is meeting there on Wednesday.  I will get there early - I have a bit of teaching to do - Marty will probably need a reminder and a gentle nudge.  She has great potential talent but is really just unsure of herself - and I don't think she has been practicing... Melissa hasn't crocheted before, but wants to learn so I would try and get there early to teach her.  I turn into a pumpkin by about 9:30 - I have to get home before 10... married life... can't be out all night!

But it is a good start!

Wednesday is good.  I am marking on my calendar - and who knows.  Maybe we can scrounge up a few more needleworkers to meet as well.

I'm in NE Huntsville - by Homer Nance and Winchester - over by where the new Publix is going in, if you have been out that way.... That will be nice when it finally gets done.  Talk about a convenient trip if you run out of milk!
THIS ROCKS   Logged

I am collecting quilts, afghans & blankets for those that lost their homes.  Pm me!
CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
sugarducky
« Reply #13 on: June 07, 2006 06:30:51 PM »

Joe Mugs would be good. I can probably get there earlier, too, because my class always really gets out at 6:30.
I was thinking for a project we can make crochet flowers, because they are very easy for beginners, but I have a bunch of patterns and you can make them up too. Do you think you can bring a couple middle-sized hooks? I'll bring some, and I have a bunch of pin backs and blank barettes and small things of yarn.
I'll put up a poster at my school once we get it figured out ^_^
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #14 on: June 08, 2006 05:37:31 AM »

I know that Marty is working on a scarf - and Melissa will not be ready to do flowers - she has never even held a hook.  We should play it by ear, but come prepared.  I will bring a bag of books and hooks and whatnot if you would like.  Right now I am working on a few projects for a company that I work for which I may or may not bring along.  Maybe it should be a bring your own project or if you want to learn, bring an idea of what you might like to make and some yarn to do it with?  I just would hate to exclude anyone that might want to go because they don't care for a particular project.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006 09:34:22 AM »

I called Books a Million on University/Pkwy and they said that they have listing of when groups are coming - that they just show up - so if next Wednesday is good for you, I can be there by 7.  I'll contact Marty and also Tiffany and see what she is up to and take it from there...
You out there Katt?  Jump in any time here!

THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
sugarducky
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2006 09:53:59 AM »

That sounds good to me. I'll probably get there around 7-7:30, depending on my class. I think my sister is coming too, she's not into yarny crafts, but she is more into stuff like diy shirts and stuff like that. I don't really have any crafty friends to invite.
Yeah, I think bring-your-own-project is the best plan.
If this works out I'll make some kind of flyer about it.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

sugarducky
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2006 10:02:39 AM »

Also, any person who just happens to be reading this is invited, too.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Yarn or Fabric

View Profile WWW
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2006 11:09:06 AM »

You still up for meeting tomorrow night?  I will be there.  I have at least one other person coming.

I have 2 more phone calls to make to others that might want to go.
Joe Muggs, by toys r us - university/pkwy at 7ish right?
THIS ROCKS   Logged

CraftyDeb website
CraftyDeb Designs etsy
sugarducky
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2006 10:17:06 PM »

This is awful! I just found out that I have a Spanish test tomarrow night! (the only time we have class on wednesday is if there is a test) If you still want to go I will come as soon as I can. I think the test will be easy, but it starts at 7:30. Man, I'm really sorry. I'm not usually this flakey.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: 1 [2] 3  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
How to Do a Fishtail Braid
How to Wear Your Favorite Summer Braids in Fall
How To Curl Hair With No Heat
How To Do Selena Gomez Braided Hair
How to Take Short Hair from Day to Night
Latest Blog Articles
@Home This Weekend: Coffee Mug Cozy
March 25, 2015 Featured Projects
Tute Tuesday: How to Make 110 Prayer Flags

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...