A Crafts Community For Craft Ideas & DIY Projects - Craftster.org
Help | About | Contact | Press | Advertise | Terms | Site Map
Welcome, Guest.
Please login or register.
Random Tip: You can get cheap (and legal! Wink) advertising by donating a challenge prize! Go here for more info.
Total Members: 304,765
Currently Running With Scissors:
648 Guests and 19 Users
Home Craftster Community Crafting Articles Craft Tutorials My Craftster Crafting Calendar City Guides Craft Shop

Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All
Jump to page:
  Show Images Only     Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  
Topic: "growing out bangs" support group  (Read 6497 times)
Tags for this thread:  Add new tag
Share the love... Pin it Submit to reddit add to Wists
1+

fruithead
« on: August 29, 2005 08:05:10 PM »

anyone else here in the midst of growing out bangs?

i just need to vent because it's so frustrating! i had my hair really short then decided to grow it into a bob with bangs the same length but my bangs aren't even past my eyebrows yet. i've been sweeping them to the side and they look so dorky. i hate my hair so much i'm tempted to chop it all of again but i'm determined to grow them out. i need some words of encouragment...and maybe some ideas so i don't look so lame.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
mayerlove
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2005 08:15:18 PM »

i *almost* cut of all my hair a few days ago. my hair's about down to my bra strap, and it took me forever for it to get there! just remember how long this is taking and how you don't want to go through this again. i have side-swept bangs. i usually cut them myself, but i haven't since school ended b/c of work in a stinky sweaty kitchen. and now i cant decide if i want to cut them again or now! Huh

anyway, YOU CAN DO IT, THE CRAFTSTERS CAN HELP! haha. good luck and post pics! maybe we can think of something.
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
sashafantastique
Snap, crackle, craft!

Lets turn on the juice and see what shakes loose.

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2005 08:19:15 PM »

YOu could always bobby pin them back or to the side. I am also growing out my bangs and the bobby pin thing is  helping me from going crazy. Wink
THIS ROCKS   Logged

fruithead
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2005 08:26:44 PM »

jm2luver21, i am in no position to tell you to cut your bangs. lol. but with longish bangs you can't go wrong, even a little trim isn't super permanent. maybe i'll get the guts to post a pic, i'll just cover my face. i'm having one of those phases where i feel like such an uggo.

i'll definitely have to break out the bobby pins!

damn impluses hair choices. i'm never cutting my hair again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2005 08:34:51 PM »

i have tried to grow out my bangs a couple of times, but i always ended up cutting them.  i have the stupid kind that are really thick and used to take up half my head when i was little.  i am in more of the "growing out hair" support needs.  i used to have super-long hair back in the day, and then i had it all chopped up dyke-short by crazy cheap hairstylists for a while, and now it is maybe 3 inches past my shoulders.  i can't lay down without laying on it and then when i move my head my hair is stuck!  i want to chop it all off again.  but i can't.  but i really want to.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christinaent
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2005 08:38:34 PM »

oh man, i am having the same problem! i'm swearing that i'm going to grow my hair out but i just can't help trimming! my boyfriend threatened to take my hair razor from me so i have to hide it.  Cheesy  but the hair razor is so much fun. sigh...

but anyway!! while i am trying to grow my hair out, i am dealing with the summer heat by either doing the sideswept bangs, pinning it back in a pomp thingy, or wearing cool headbands/scarves. i can post pictures if anyone's interested...
THIS ROCKS   Logged

determinedimprovisation

overly-excited crafter of all trades

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 29, 2005 08:56:37 PM »

oh man, i am having the same problem! i'm swearing that i'm going to grow my hair out but i just can't help trimming! my boyfriend threatened to take my hair razor from me so i have to hide it.  Cheesy  but the hair razor is so much fun. sigh...

but anyway!! while i am trying to grow my hair out, i am dealing with the summer heat by either doing the sideswept bangs, pinning it back in a pomp thingy, or wearing cool headbands/scarves. i can post pictures if anyone's interested...

oh please do.  it is freakishly hot and humid here, and my hair is always all sweaty.  eww.  my boyfriend is keeping me in check by threatening to cut his hair if i do.  and then he would look 12 again.
THIS ROCKS   Logged
christinaent
« Reply #7 on: August 29, 2005 09:17:46 PM »

oh please do.  it is freakishly hot and humid here, and my hair is always all sweaty.  eww.  my boyfriend is keeping me in check by threatening to cut his hair if i do.  and then he would look 12 again.

you got it. don't have any pics of the scarf thing, but that one is pretty self explanatory anyway. so here we go. please excuse my 987433 different hair colors/styles....

sideswept is cute, but hot and sticky in the summer (and it makes me break out! Embarrassed)

i also used to pin it to the side with a cute clip (not shown here hah)

the pomp is by far my fave bc it's easy:
front:

side:

and a slicked back fauxhawk-ish thingy if i'm going out:

wow sorry, that was pretty extensive. hope it helps!!!
« Last Edit: August 29, 2005 09:20:45 PM by christinaent » THIS ROCKS   Logged

mayerlove
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2005 10:24:23 AM »

i love your hair! *covet covet covet*
THIS ROCKS   Logged

~I believe that my life's gonna see the love I give returned to me!<3 XOXO Johnnay!
bag_lady
« Reply #9 on: August 30, 2005 10:49:48 AM »

i've been growing out my bangs for a while now and at first it was really hard.  i had the super short Betty Page bangs and until they were to my eyebrows, i had a hell of a time with them.  i started with curling them under slightly b/c my hair is super straight, and then i would sweep them to the side a litttle (like christinaent).  then i resorted to hairspraying them so they would stay but that made me break out.  i bought a bunch of scarves from the thrift store to keep them off my face when it was really hot.  Now they are just a bit too short to tuck behind my ears and i'm using bobby pins a lot to pin them back or to the side .  i've also been doing the pomp thing.  my boyfriend had to show me how to do it though since ha has a pomp.  the rest of my hair is a few inches past my shoulders and i'm waiting to cut it until my bangs are at least long enough to tuck behind my ears.  i tell you that it has been hard but i've been so busy that it hasn't been as hard as the (tried ans failed) past. 

keep on keepin' on. you'll do it!   Grin
THIS ROCKS   Logged

Threads you might like:
Pages: [1] 2 3 4  All Jump to page:
  Send this topic  |  Print  |  Bookmark  

Jump to:  

FacebookTwitterPinterest
only results with images
include swap threads
advanced search

your ad could be here!

How-To Videos
10 New Ways to Wear Your Denim Jacket
British Designer Makes Most Expensive Dress In The World
Marchesa Goes Sporty For The New York Jets
WAG Kelly Brook Says She Dresses To Flatter Her Curves
Who Rocked the Frock: Edie Falco, Tess Daly, or Shalom Harlow?
Latest Blog Articles
Meatless Monday: Pea, Potato, Leek, Mint Soup
@Home This Weekend: Create a Spooky Yard
CrafTATstic Crafty Tattoos: Featured Artist Katrina Polacek

Comparison Shopping

Support Craftster
Become a
Friend of Craftster

Buy Craftster Swag
Buy Craft Supplies
Comparison Shopping

Craftster heartily thanks the following peeps...
Moderators

Follow Craftster...